Did I read wrong or...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Missinglink96817

02-01-2013

Okay, I thought when they were going to do this new ranking system that your highest REACHED Elo would be taken into account or did I read it wrong? /****** status. Stopped playing ranked thinking this, got put into silver .__.;....

Kajin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Same thing for me they said it would be current rating + top rating together.

Missinglink96817

02-01-2013

****, now I have to play with Silvers.... .___.;;;

Weisslogia

02-01-2013

I thought there was a red post saying it was top elo this season averaged with your current elo. I might be wrong though

Kajin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorsledrae View Post
I thought there was a red post saying it was top elo this season averaged with your current elo. I might be wrong though
You're right if you go to the faq it says

"How does my ranked Elo determine my league placement?
If you’ve played at least five ranked team games or 10 solo/duo games in the preseason, a combination of your current and top Elo rating will determine the tier of the league you initially earn."

Haitake

02-01-2013

It put me in Diamond and I've played like 10 ranked games.

Luego

02-01-2013

"a combination" <> "an averaging of"

Missinglink96817

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorsledrae View Post
Perhaps, if you could link it to me, I'd be grateful. ****.. I wouldn't have stopped playing ranked if I knew it was going to be like this... .___.;;

Quadrakill Amumu

02-01-2013

The rank placement combination of top Elo and current Elo is why people are gaining less LP when they win than losing when they lose. You are all placed in ranks too high for your current hidden Elo.