New ranking system, More noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pro4never

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

It's still the same elo system except you now get to see your progress much easier and have fun best of 3 matches to determine if you move up brackets.

The actual 'who goes where' is very similar to before though. Your enemy has higher chances of having bad players than you do so take advantage of it and win the game by carrying your team (through both leadership and personal skill)

VengefulMarv

02-01-2013

Actually, the players you've been running into have been around for a while. It's not a fresh *today* thing. However, you are going to see an increase in problematic matchups since there are going to be placements going on. I'd say it's rather similar to what goes on whenever they do the elo resets each season.

TempnameNS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I feel that since they league are based wiht a smaller gfroup of pople the poeple i got stuck wiht in ym league are incredibly noobie and that its unfari for me to ahve to play with them repeatedly

chaser676

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillmatic View Post
I feel that since they league are based wiht a smaller gfroup of pople the poeple i got stuck wiht in ym league are incredibly noobie and that its unfari for me to ahve to play with them repeatedly
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
Leagues have literally nothing to do with matchmaking. You arent any more likely to be matched with them than anyone else

TempnameNS

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaser676 View Post
if you actually can read you can see that riot decreased the amount of players you get grouped wiht so you can get rivalriesd which means you are constantly grouped with the same people therefor matchmaking has been greatly affecteed by riot choosing who your being grouped agisnt instead of a wide range of people like bnefore

Digitality

02-01-2013

Quote:
I have played 2 games and both game I have been trolled by feeders. and horrible summoners people are even worse now than before the leagues system was put into place. Why is this?
That's a great sample size for us to theorize off.

chaser676

02-01-2013

Quote:
if you actually can read you can see that riot decreased the amount of players you get grouped wiht so you can get rivalriesd which means you are constantly grouped with the same people therefor matchmaking has been greatly affecteed by riot choosing who your being grouped agisnt instead of a wide range of people like bnefore
No, no they didnt. Cite this, because you are incredibly wrong. Source this

Omega2042

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Just to clear all of this up:

Will I only be matched against opponents in my league?
No. Matchmaking isn’t affected by your league, and you’ll still be competing against all opponents of your skill level in the League of Legends community. Your league measures your progress against a set of opponents of similar skill level, but doesn’t restrict competition solely to those players.

Source: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01...in-ranked.html

There you go.

TempnameNS

02-01-2013

riot said they put you ionto a league wiht around 250 people so that your rivalries with be mroe interesting. so that being said the 250 poeple i am grouped with a mostly feeders

A Nearby Shrub

02-01-2013

this isn't even true, my first game i was matched with a person in silver 5 when i am at bronze 1