Philosophical debate of LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chronostasis

02-01-2013

This makes no sense. You have some bits of good information but most of those few paragraphs is just garbage talking-out-your-ass armchair philosophy, come on, grow up, take a real philosophy class and learn what PHILOSOPHY is before spewing random **** out like this.

Darkvolcan

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckyFiveDowla View Post
Stop complaining about the way it is written, focus on the ideas... this had a point to make, give it a chance.
There's no point.
Even after deciphering the **** you say, all I got out of it was "hold hands, be happy, have fun, and your family will be proud of you for playing a game"

Fredgerd

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
There's no point.
Even after deciphering the **** you say, all I got out of it was "hold hands, be happy, have fun, and your family will be proud of you for playing a game"
Don't forget, you should also feed intentionally so that the other team can win.

Honestly from a guy named SuckyFiveDowla I'm inclined to think he's just trolling.

Fredgerd

02-01-2013

On a slightly tangential note, did you guys know back in the day, Kant used to be censored in the in game chat?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=498609

Darkvolcan

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredgerd View Post
Don't forget, you should also feed intentionally so that the other team can win.

Honestly from a guy named SuckyFiveDowla I'm inclined to think he's just trolling.
Didn't notice the name
3/10 for making me respond

SuckyFiveDowla

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galgus View Post
In an attempt to be philosophical, you have made a rather jumbled post.

Clarity and ease of understanding are things to be desired on the forums.

tl:dr- You could have made your point with less words.

EDIT: I'll do it for you:

"We tend to over-focus on having fun, and thus prioritize relatively trivial things such as video games over more valuable things.

Playing video games for too long can be harmful, and we should let other people win sometimes so they can feel good about themselves...and their family can feel proud of them?

(And let my team down intentionally? No thanks.)

If we focus on more productive things, our families will be more proud of us and we will be more proud of ourselves.

We can, but shouldn't be jerks online, as our trivial gaming experience can hurt people's feelings."
I like what you have written, and as far as letting other people win in the game im not talking about that.
Just simply in life that we are living on a planet as humans and as humans we are destroying this planet, and instead of making it tolerable for everyone to live, we just have to suck everything down until there is nothing but crumbs left if even that lucky.

ByePas

02-01-2013

Quote:
There's no point.
That's pretty much all there is to get out of it, except for the family being proud part. This was just a long and wordy way of saying stop raging at your team and have fun.

SuckyFiveDowla

02-01-2013

Quote:
There's no point.

Im NOT talking about this game at all, im talking about how this game distracts many human traits. IM not saying be happy playing a game im saying on earth. notice i said living in a virtual world isnt good, you have to accept what really matter instead of neglecting it,

SuckyFiveDowla

02-01-2013

please dont regard my name into consideration, And please stop making it seam im referring to league of legends as a whole. Makes me sad.

disasterbation

02-01-2013

You could say almost the same thing about any sport. This one is just not as socially acceptable yet. ****, there are still nerds out there yet to come out of the closet