Philosophical debate of LoL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuckyFiveDowla

02-01-2013

If you really think deeply into this whole subject, which is about winning or losing. We can philosophically break these two things down in so many ways. One if which being this; Yes we are winning and losing, which is undoubtedly an inherent intricate system of Mankind which we can call "LIfe", but we are winning and losing in a Game, which is in a virtual reality, which means it isnt real.

We distract ourselves, as a species, from the truth, because we are all afraid of the truth, which can result in change, and change is very scary. So occupy our minds, we must, to prevent the process of unusual though/thinking. Instead of concentrating in winning in an entity that has potential to harm you mentally(I will mention something about this in further writing), we can concentrate in winning in something real, for example, our relationships, our character deveopment, understanding other persons hardships and shortcomings and recognizing them in ourselves, creating something that you can hold in your hands and say "I made this", and feeling the satisfaction from such a beautiful moment in ones life.

We can totally have some fun in games but thats all it is, F, U and N, FUN. We cannot concentrate a lot of our mental energy in virtual worlds, is it self destructive and it creates a pattern/s of more self destruction. If you focus your mental energy on positive and productive activities, you can accomplish so much and be truly proud forever and something our family could be proud of. And Not even win all of the time, no. We should humble ourselves and let other people win so they can, and they're family can be proud of them. We should help people accomplish as well.
Instead as a species, we deprive every one that didnt get the same chances in life, as the fortunate ones. So these virtual realities that we enter, we are able to be "trolls". We can pretend to be someone that we wont ever be in a person to person conversation, and try to make peoples lives miserable, through a virtual world. Isnt it really scary how something so unreal and "harmless" can affect something so real as to Emotions and can induce schizophrenia?

I think you guys get the point right?

this is pure opinion and it is free to be debated in a respectable sense.

rathy Aro

02-01-2013

It seems you are saying there are things more important than winning? And you are down playing the importance of video games? If I got that right then I ask: who are you to say how important winning is on a universal scale or whether or not video games are more important than the next thing? What is this so called truth we are distracting ourselves from and how can you prove it?

Ysmir

02-01-2013

According to Berkeley LoL and the world around us doesn't even exist in the physical sense, just as Ideas, so why is Fun important?

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

In an attempt to be philosophical, you have made a rather jumbled post.

Clarity and ease of understanding are things to be desired on the forums.

tl:dr- You could have made your point with less words.

EDIT: I'll do it for you:

"We tend to over-focus on having fun, and thus prioritize relatively trivial things such as video games over more valuable things.

Playing video games for too long can be harmful, and we should let other people win sometimes so they can feel good about themselves...and their family can feel proud of them?

(And let my team down intentionally? No thanks.)

If we focus on more productive things, our families will be more proud of us and we will be more proud of ourselves.

We can, but shouldn't, be jerks online, as our trivial gaming experience can hurt people's feelings."

CottageCities

02-01-2013

I'm glad you've tried to bring it up tho, truly i am. It means that someone else is at the point where i'm at this friday afternoon, and i'm cool with that. Still not something i would think is important to write all things considering tho.

SpderMan

02-01-2013

can someone translate op for those who don't study philosophy and like straight forward post >_>?

Darkvolcan

02-01-2013

tl;dr

I would've made an attempt to drag my way through it if the first paragraph would've at least made more sense.
If you're gonna try to type up a pseudo-intelligent mini essay on the forums, at least throw in a thesis in there.

inb4 "wat is thessi"

edit nvm, read through a few more lines. You're just throwing random big words all over the place which make 0 sense from grammatical and contextual points of view.

SuckyFiveDowla

02-01-2013

I'm really trying to say that us as humans are disconnected from each other. We dont understand what it means to be a community on a global scale. Understand that we are lucky enough to be human a common brotherhood and not a rat, or a ice particle, or a pickled cabbage, or a bumblebee, etc... We are one race and thats such a beautiful thing, and we are intelligent, if we really came together and had brilliant ideas, we could make this planet into a better place to live. Two thirds of the world starves so iphones and mcodnalds can be supported and games like league of legends can be played. Which is a major distraction from global community, as are a billion and 1 other things.

And as far as proving it, what is the point.

SuckyFiveDowla

02-01-2013

Stop complaining about the way it is written, focus on the ideas... this had a point to make, give it a chance.

Fredgerd

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpderMan View Post
can someone translate op for those who don't study philosophy and like straight forward post >_>?
I study philosophy and OP's post still doesn't make sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysmir View Post
According to Berkeley LoL and the world around us doesn't even exist in the physical sense, just as Ideas, so why is Fun important?
Mad props for this one though.