wow, new ranked, just wow

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bossman POJO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwiditchaacht View Post
sure then let me edit my statement. MOST EXPERIENCED ON THE US LIVE SERVERS. can't compare PBE and eu/asia servers to U.S.
ok riot in california HQ is still more experienced then you

StraTosSpeAr

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysmir View Post
3 games played for 1 player:

System is obviously flawed.
To be fair, this has been a consistent problem that we saw with the ELO system. It's pretty ridiculous that you lose far more points (generally) with a loss than you gain with a win. This system is a near-complete rip-off of SC2's system, and yet they did the matchmaking/point total much, much better. The MM system in SC2 aims to put you into a league where you will go approximately 50/50 in your games. If you start to win more than that, you will face tougher opponents, until you start leveling out towards 50/50 again. Then it will place you in a new league.

However, in LoL, going 50/50 will gradually lose you points, which is quite absurd in a game that is much more luck dependent than SC2; a large amount of your chance of winning depends on your partners, since this is a team game. If anything, LoL's system of needing to win more than losing in order to at least stay in the same place on the ladder would make more sense in SC2, where the game entirely relies on your own skill.

Qwid

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gift View Post
Two games.
Two wins.
46 LP.
but that just proves my point, you get 46 LP for two games, i get 17, one loss should NOT cancel out two wins.

FeedingTrollNoob

02-01-2013

Its like Elo, only once you get to 1600, you can troll and intentionaly feed every game and NEVER fall out of gold.

Willump and

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysmir View Post
EU and Asia have been up for at least 2 days, and system was on PBE for about 2 weeks. I had no flaws with it over 40 games.
1 loss negating 2 wins is a prretty big flaw regardless of how many games you've played.

WindowIicker

02-01-2013

i played 2 games and got 23 points and lost one and am back down to 1 point. but since no one had played yet I was #1 in my division when I lost. Does your ranking in your division affect the amount of points gained/lost?

Arcticfury

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrBoyBangsHard View Post
i played 2 games and got 23 points and lost one and am back down to 1 point. but since no one had played yet I was #1 in my division when I lost. Does your ranking in your division affect the amount of points gained/lost?
It should work just like ELO, if your team has a lower net ranking than your opponent you'll gain more for a win and lose less for a loss.

However, if your team net ranking is higher you'll end up gaining less for a win and losing more for a loss. S2 I was 4/5 and was 1196, went 5/5 and was 1210. So it DOES work both ways.

Qwid

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
It should work just like ELO, if your team has a lower net ranking than your opponent you'll gain more for a win and lose less for a loss..
the whole point of this new system was to avoid **** like this.

VanceStubbs

02-01-2013

So how is that different from getting 17 ELO then losing all in a single match?

VictimSix

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwiditchaacht View Post
the whole point of this new system was to avoid **** like this.
No it's not, not even close.