League system queue dodge penalties

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThailandSlayer

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyCake View Post
yup, i agree people think trolls are there to lose but they want to win just as bad.
this will actually result in less troll picks in champion select since trolls now have less leverage since now nobody wants to dodge

upvoted +10

Every time i had a troll 1/10 of them actually wanted to win and the others would just sit in base or just play like **** and feed then say "Well i said i dont play support" So the fact that Yegg is even saying trolls want to win just as much is total bull****. I would vote for a kick button because it cant be abuse when you solo que where the other 3-4 players are randoms. If you spot a troll press click and dont worry would be so much better.

Urf Bender

02-01-2013

WAIT! So can we still dodge normals if there are trolls? HALP!!!

M0MENTUM

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
The key is this: most trolls want to win just as much as you do. They might believe they need a certain role to do that, or they might be annoying to interact with, but at the end of the day they generally want to win the games they queue up for. Here's a corollary: most trolls don't want to sit through a 30 minute game rocking Karma/Revive/Promote (or whatever the latest "troll picks" are) just as much as you don't want to be in the game alongside them. What they want when they troll pick is for you to dodge for them, because then they'll get another lobby and they might get the role they want. Think back to the days when there was a 10 Elo penalty for dodging. There was much less troll picking in champ select for one simple reason: it often didn't work. If no one dodges, everyone on the team loses, and no individual wanted to dodge and lose Elo, so everyone was compelled to cooperate more. But with the removal of the Elo penalty, it was almost guaranteed that someone would dodge, and once it was clear that troll picking and/or threatening "X or feed" worked, more players starting doing it.
This just isn't true, some trolls don't care about winning or losing, and the "_____ or feed" mentality has improved since the changes, because trolls don't mind losing 30 minutes, but they do mind losing ELO, so if they are going to lose elo for losing, or lose elo for dodging, they are going to troll. If you go back to your old policy, those who stopped trolling and just started dodging are going to go back to trolling so others will take the elo loss for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
So here's how the penalties work now that the League System is active:

* Dodging in the ranked solo queue will trigger a 6 minute lockout and will deduct 3 League Points (LP).
* Dodging in ranked solo if you've dodged recently will trigger a 30 minute lockout and will deduct 10 LP.
* Dodging a ranked team game will trigger a 1 minute lockout and will deduct 10 LP from the team.
* Dodging in ranked teams if you've dodged recently will trigger a 60 minute lockout and will still deduct 10 LP from the team.
* Dodging during a Promotion or Division series will cancel the series, so you'll have to get back to 100 LP to start another series (likely just one game away, unless you had already lost a couple series games).
You simply can't use this system without having votekick in the lobby, honestly, tell me what is worse, having to wait 10 minutes to start a match because a few people dodge, or having to sit through a 20-30 minute match that is lost from the get-go because of trolls? It isn't a difficult answer, either add votekick at champ select, or remove the LP penalties from dodging.

cbr1000rider3

02-01-2013

Insightful post. Any plans to implement a tribunal for ranked lobby though?

basketball95

02-01-2013

I myself have made a thread about this and it seems that there are fairly mixed views. Here is the thread http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t=basketball95 Personally im a big fan of the system that was just changed too because you see all the time people trying to force others to dodge or the will not support thing or anything of the sort so they get the role they want. It allowed people to only play one role if they wanted and if they really wanted one champ. I dont think many go to that extreme but Id say many people dodge because they dont get mid or jungle or something like that. Anyway if you want you can read some of my arguements in the thread but Im very happy we moved to this new system.

Sayath

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Turkey View Post
Exactly this. My idea is to implement the system they use in Starcraft 2. Nobody wants to play in a map both players don't like, so why should you? I say you get to choose what maps you get to play. But in this case, you can choose 3+ roles you are able to play, and the system matches you up with other people you can work with.
Yeah, kinda like that. The main problem though is that you are now forcing a meta (top =1, mid=1, bot=2, jungle =1) which should be avoided.
The system needs to be a bit more flexible but still retain the described characteristic of solving our coordination problem.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Why revert a good change? Now we lose ELO..or LP, when we dodge? Once again on the dumb system..

idyemyhairbrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinzly View Post
or you could jsut let use usevotelick to get rid of that "mid or I feed" guy
Seems prone to abuse, especially considering 3 man or 4 man teams.

Sayath

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by idyemyhairbrown View Post
Seems prone to abuse, especially considering 3 man or 4 man teams.
This is solo / duoqueue.
There are no 3/4 man teams.
Votekick though does not solve the root cause and only tackles a symptom.

chide da jungler

02-01-2013

I hope this works, but I don't see how it discourages champ-select-trolling. There is still an incentive to get other people to dodge for you.

I feel like we need a report feature in the lobby.