League system queue dodge penalties

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keldjor

02-10-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
* Dodging in ranked solo if you've dodged recently will trigger a 30 minute lockout and will deduct 10 LP.
Could have INFORMED that this recent DODGING included any NON-RANKED game as well. Ranked is Ranked, not part of normal and therefore their dodges should not be linked together.
The system is flawed no matter how you look at it, Trolls win regardless of the situation.
Just found that out the hard way since we had a Malphite changing his roles at the last sec.. to go from top (changed b/c other team got teemo, then to mid (changed due to other team with LB), then changed to jungle. Once our last 2ppl choose their champ to mid and top he decided he wanted mid afterwards leaving us w/o a jungle (the last 2 picks could not jungle by any means to replace him) And them he/she threatening to afk if we gave First Blood.
Just lost 10IP due to my 1st RANKED que-dodge in roughly 4mounths after having to deal with a 20min wasted time of 2v5game with 3 feeders. Yes I had just Dodged a normal game earlier due to phone call, DID NOT want to AFK in game and cause my team to lose..... still lose while being considerate of others huh.

APINK Hero

03-10-2014

i had a game with a player who was toxic and horrible attitude as soon as champ select started. "Oyster" was his username. I remember him because he was so toxic. I had him in 2/3 games. I wanted to dodge, but I didn't because of the LP penalty. :/ so annoying and that ruined the 40+ minutes of the game. Sure, I muted him but the 2 of the other teammates go on arguing and bashing on him since he was dissing every team member. This system needs to be looked into along with the servers. Sure, it's not a priority. But still. Please help people who aren't pro players. we want to enjoy this game and be able to dodge games with trolls. Give us at least a few free dodges, before we have to lose LP for it. or something.

TheTHIRSTY BEAST

06-05-2014

Stupid IDEA! i rather dodge. then play with trolllll and why is it a lose when i dodge in serrie. stupid post delete please.

ProductOfFallout

06-19-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConstantlyRaging View Post
-Reserved-

We need a way to report the troll BEFORE the game. Say all 4 people report 1 person, That person loses LP and we requeue without him
wanna know why this system wont work, lets say someone gets their jg or top and plays a champ that doesnt work with the team or a champ that everyone has bad experiences with but he plays that champ anyway and the team decides to votekick him so they dont have to risk that player being bad. Thus someone playing a champ theyre legitimately good at in the position they main gets kicked and loses lp. Im the end a report system should be in place where you can report in champ select and after the game and if trolling behavior shows in game and in champ select then everyone but the troll gets a loss prevent.

team sparta love

06-19-2014

Is this still accurate? My internet stopped during champion select and I got deducted 10 lp and was locked out for 30 mins and I havent dodged before.

mcsleuthburger

07-11-2014

so im in ranked solo q in my provisional matches, 4-1 really happy about the work ive put in and then our ADC who said he would fill any role (picking last) locked in with veigar in champ select. i dodged. so i googled what would happen to my lp for dodging and read this and am now sick to my stomach and pretty pissed at riot. trolls dont want to win as much as everyone else, if you honestly think that you literally have no idea what a troll is your logic is horribly flawed. this is a BS system and a LAZY half thought solution to a REAL problem and its seriously depressing. instead of backing the players that support and enjoy this game, riot literally is just rewarding trolls, and punishing people who want to honestly enjoy a great competitive game and try their BEST to avoid all the toxic players and trolls. smh riot, youll find me face down on my keyboard with the keys scattered on the floor all around me. this that sh*t i dont like.

Spookie Senpai

08-06-2014

This doesn't really work. A lot of times when I play, there's usually someone taking another person's role and then those 2 argue throughout the whole game and don't play then continue to feed. I'm just sitting in my lane trying to tell everyone to play and then argue afterwards, the better you do this game then you'll have better bragging rights. Does this work? Nope. I just lose the game after a good performance in my lane and then get stuck in my elo. If there was no dodge penalty then I would be able to dodge games where I know that I will lose due to stupid picks like once where I had a game Fiora top and Riven mid or teammates arguing before the 2nd half of picks in the draft.

Monkofpo1

08-14-2014

Been playing ranked games for awhile now and never dodge.
Noticed instantly after about 100 games that people are how you say dicks. So your telling me that a person who afks for 20 mins right at start just because he wanted too and said he would in chat if someone didn't dodge (he didn't get his fav champ) or someone just trolling to troll. Don't get me started on the players that just feed the enemy team on purpose (don't care if you just lost your lane).
I think there should be just a LP loss and not a literally loss or at-least make the first dodge just be a time ban.
I hate having to play games that I know I will have a disadvantage in and only have a 30% of winning if i'm lucky.

Konidias

09-01-2014

I just had two back to back incidents of trolls auto-locking champs even after their lane had been called by someone else... The last one was an auto-lock garen picking top when top was already called... which would be leaving us with 1 player on bot. Yeah... I'm NOT playing that game.

So I dodge twice and now I'm just sitting here for like 15 minutes because of some loser trolls? How is this fair to innocent players? It's not like I'm dodging games because I didn't get MY pick... I get my pick and lane fine... and then some other player auto-locks a champ after a lane has already been taken... and I just don't want to have this type of person on my team.

I really wish there was at least some way to report these people and their chat logs in champ select... like the "<lane> or feed" people. Then I tell the guy I'm going to just dodge and he's like "go for it" because it benefits him either way.

So basically the game encourages you to be a total d*** and just auto lock your champ without saying a word. Great solution guys.

Degleon

09-01-2014

It works in theory, but it is good for people who play this game a few times a day, not for people who play the game 20 or 30 times daily.