League system queue dodge penalties

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

C00LST0RYBR0

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
* Dodging a ranked team game will trigger a 1 minute lockout and will deduct 10 LP from the team.
* Dodging in ranked teams if you've dodged recently will trigger a 60 minute lockout and will still deduct 10 LP from the team.
I consider these very bad solutions. Let's say one of my team members will often recieve adobe air bugs and the client will drop him. (Yes, he has reinstalled the client several times, and it's still happening.)

This basicly punishes the team if one of the members gets a bug.

I really don't like this at all.

Koalawa

02-01-2013

What if I need to que dodge because my friend just logged in and I want to duo que with him? ;_;

The Roonage

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKillMeFirstxX View Post
how did that aspect change anything?

People looking to troll are still going to troll others... If somebody joins a game looking to ruin it, it just became easier for them. On the plus side it will make the it harder for babies to act like idiots trying to get others to dodge
people cant see other peoples elo. so you as a player are concerned about your own score going down. but with elo it was just a number you can just keep dropping. with LP, you just lose some of your progress towards a series / division match

NJ Gamer

02-01-2013

Quote:

The key is this: most trolls want to win just as much as you do. They might believe they need a certain role to do that, or they might be annoying to interact with, but at the end of the day they generally want to win the games they queue up for. Here's a corollary: most trolls don't want to sit through a 30 minute game rocking Karma/Revive/Promote (or whatever the latest "troll picks" are) just as much as you don't want to be in the game alongside them. What they want when they troll pick is for you to dodge for them, because then they'll get another lobby and they might get the role they want. Think back to the days when there was a 10 Elo penalty for dodging. There was much less troll picking in champ select for one simple reason: it often didn't work. If no one dodges, everyone on the team loses, and no individual wanted to dodge and lose Elo, so everyone was compelled to cooperate more. But with the removal of the Elo penalty, it was almost guaranteed that someone would dodge, and once it was clear that troll picking and/or threatening "X or feed" worked, more players starting doing it.

this does make sense to me, and its sad that everyone else here is going to moan about it. I'm also going to get downvoted for presenting an opinion noone else agrees with because community censorship is the way to go.
prove me wrong GD
also something for Yegg: i'm guessing if my client legitimately crashes in champ select i'm gonna lose LP just because the client cant tell the difference from crashing and forcing a close?

CrazedPorcupine

02-01-2013

Why the downvotes? Yeggs stated that the loss of LP does NOT chnage the skill of people you're matched up with. LP and MMR are completely independent of eachother. This means that you not punished nearly as much for dodging.

Think, now if you dodge because you are forced to, its no longer a 30 minute wait unless you do it multiple times. This means if for some reason you glitch out during the select you can queue right back up and be fine. Overall, this is a fantastic change and should help relieve some of the "Pick order > call" and "Call > Pick order" trash that's going on right now.

Koalawa

02-01-2013

What if I needed to que dodge because my friend just logged in and I want to duo que with him? ;_;

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Nice, now there's absolutely no way to protect your Elo/League Points

Yegg, sincerely, even when you think that the "troll" wants to win as much as you, he is a TROLL ~ a toxic player that is raging and threatening since team select

What in the world makes you think that he will be an innocent lamb once the game starts?
He will still rage if anything doesnt go his way in the game, specially, if he trollpicks

You just successfully condemned most of us to having no way to climb the ladders unless we are extremely lucky and the trolls are 99% of the times on the enemy team (but that means, that the people on the other side are condemned)

Hatori Hanzo

02-01-2013

MAKE A /REMAKE OPTION why oh why can you not add this to the game how many times have i said the same thing as you.

Hes not really gonna lock in soraka with revive and promote. then he does we have 2 supports no adc and im stuck with loading or dodging.

MAKE /REMAKE

JarlaxelBaenre

02-01-2013

Quote:
* Dodging during a Promotion or Division series will cancel the series, so you'll have to get back to 100 LP to start another series (likely just one game away, unless you had already lost a couple series games).
So let me get this straight, I lose my first game in best of 3, So I proceed to dodge the queue in game 2, and get reset back to game 1?

The Roonage

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by C00LST0RYBR0 View Post
I consider these very bad solutions. Let's say one of my team members will often recieve adobe air bugs and the client will drop him. (Yes, he has reinstalled the client several times, and it's still happening.)

This basicly punishes the team if one of the members gets a bug.

I really don't like this at all.
if your teammate was having air bugs, how often would you have to wait for him to play? in this situation you can play again straightaway. you'd need 2 bugs in a row to be dodged for an hour.

wasnt the old system a 30min dodge penalty for the player and thus the whole team if they wanted to play with him?