League system queue dodge penalties

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xstrifex

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Turkey View Post
Exactly this. My idea is to implement the system they use in Starcraft 2. Nobody wants to play in a map both players don't like, so why should you? I say you get to choose what maps you get to play. But in this case, you can choose 3+ roles you are able to play, and the system matches you up with other people you can work with.
Way to easy to abuse.

I select support (a role at my ELO few people want to fill) and since there's not many people queued up in that slot, I get matched up pretty quick. With first pick, I take one of the other roles. What now? You can't lock me down to a subsection of champions because perhaps I am able to make support Garen work.

This also has the added effect of Riot establishing that there is a single meta that everyone must adhere to. And that's something they should never do. The game should be allowed to shift as new champs, mechanics, and changes to existing things occur. While the meta of 1-1-2-J may have existed for 2+ years, there's nothing to say it won't move to something else in the future.

As others have said, Riot's priority should be on logging the pre- and post-game chats so that trolls can be identified and punished.

Malza

02-01-2013

A way to report the troll before the game starts would be helpful (If done in the right way), but being able to kick them shouldn't be possible.

My worry about reporting "trolls" before games is that most of the reports would be "I called mid, and he picked it first." or stuff like that. There would need to be a very good filter on making reports worth less if the person reports significantly more than others.

Epichuntarz

02-01-2013

First game under the new system begins with a troll pick. Please revert this change.

It was already kinda unfair that I get to wait 30 minutes, then 1 hour, then more because SOMEONE ELSE trolls. Now, like previously, I get more harshly penalized again.

Dotislav Pro

02-01-2013

Abort game vote option would work better then kick vote option.
+ if u add 10 min of waiting time after abort.. hmm.. maybe trolls would get tired of trolling xD

Malza

02-01-2013

Just please, don't make a vote kick system there are way more negatives than positives. Any actual troll who is kicked just queues up for another game and trolls again, if that troll was only going to play 1 game then he spends more time overall trolling (when you consider the time trolling in champ select).

Plus there would be way more abuse cases to kicking than actual cases. Such as if someone picks karma, instant kick from other members of team because they think they'd lose ELO.

Salenar

02-01-2013

If this ends up working as intended that would be great.

In my opinion though, trolls are trolls. Yes, many trolls are trolls becuase they do want to win and they feel if they don't get their way they will lose and they troll as a result.

But the fact is trolls are trolls. I do not believe the solution is punshing dodgers more, I think the solution is finding a way to punish trolls harsher or implement a different way to que for ranked.

I enjoy the game very much and I am proud to say I feel like I can play every role fairly well. I enjoy jungle and top the most but if my team needs me to I can play any role needed. The problem is when two or more people fight over a single role and one of them ends up trolling.

This has been mentioned many, many times before but if people were able to que up for "roles" it would almost entirely eliminate the likelyhood of two people arguing of playing "mid" or "bot".

An arugment against that is that there would very quickly be too many people pick "adc" or "top" and there wouldn't be enough people que'ing for support roles or maybe even jungle roles. A solution for that would be to implement a reward system simliar to World of Warcraft's Dungeon finder. You can give higher IP rewards or possibly even RP rewards (5-10 RP per game) if someone que'd for a role that had a shortage of players.

I for one would be fine waiting an extra few minutes to have a team who didn't fight over roles.

I also understand that Que'ing for roles would change the game from having a certain "meta" to only being able to play one way and one way only. Which does eliminate a lot of fun and choice from the game. In my honest opinion though those crazy off the wall team compositions should only be played in ranked team matches where everyone has (hopefully) already decided on tactics and things they were going to do.

The question to ask is, would it ultimately benefit the majority of the player base if we que'd for roles in solo/duo que? I would like to think so.

At the very, VERY least I think we need to be given more time in champion select for solo/duo ques to talk to each other over who is going to take which role or not.

Maybe inbetween banning champions picking champions there is a "strategy" phase that might only last one minute or so that allows a team to discuss stratagies and which summoners will take which roles. This would give people a bigger oppourtunity to communicate and not feel so immidiently pressured into picking champions.

Just my two cents. Would be cool to hear a red's thoughts on these suggestions.

Malza

02-01-2013

And guys, it will take time before less trolls stop showing up, not everyone knows about the dodging penalties already

Give it a few days and it will work out.

Sguerra123

02-01-2013

So Karma is indeed a troll pick, hmmmm....

NaNoSoLdIeR

02-01-2013

If u want to put this in, put a vote kick option in champion select as well, otherwise trolls will troll and innocent players will have to leave games or suffer through a 30 min game where one player is just trolling just to get to the report screen... This is dumb, this only hurts the players that are innocent, while trying to hurt the trollers, season 1 was bad because of this, i found that season 2 at least had this to protect me of people trolling... Oh well let the trolling begin, i'm guessing i'm not playing on weekends anymore on this season.

Malza

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sguerra123 View Post
So Karma is indeed a troll pick, hmmmm....
I won my first 14 games in a row as AP karma mid. Not in ranked (only cause people would dodge everygame) but in gold/plat range ELO normals in season 2.