Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

On Kayle, Zhonya's vs Hextech Gunblade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radamanthys3

10-23-2010

Damage-wise, what is gives more AP and Attack for Kayle, Zhonya's Ring or Hextech Gunblade?

As we know, Kayle's passive is that for every AP Kayle has she gains some damage and viceversa, so I'm wondering if an item that gives some of both (gunblade) or an item that gives a huge chuck of one takes better advantage of her passive.

Therealkoop

10-23-2010

Hex adds 99.15 damage (including fury) and 93 total AP. so 192 total stats for 18.8 gold each

zhonyas adds 73.35 damage (fury) and 163 AP (assuming you have a rageblade). so 236 total stats for 14.6 gold per stat.

this doesnt take into account the leech from hex however, nor does it account for the extra AP you will get with ring from every subsequent item.

I prefer the ring. 20 less damage for like 70 more ap.

Blueonblue

10-24-2010

While Gunblade is excellent for Kayle, the utility it provides is unable to compare to the benefits of a Zhonya's and having both is too expensive to rely on. Zhonya's adds more damage overall (remember to take into account the % increase to dmg>AP as well as other items) and having two invulnerabilities is worth far more than having a steal and heal (not to mention more AP = stronger heal). if you have an hour long game where you can buy the best of everything. get both. But start with Zhonya's.

Oerwoud

10-25-2010

26 damage and lifesteal is quite a difference. Value for money is probably hextech better (20gold/AP and 37,5gold/AD makes hextech 93*20+71*37,5=4522,5 and the zhonya's 163*20+25*37,5=4197,5, zhonya is cheaper, but hextech offers about a $1000 on lifesteal/vamp).

Hextech is easier to build (smaller items). But zhonya effect on fury is big. AP is half the price of AD, and furry+passive make 0,3+0,15 worth of AP into damage. So for the same price, you get 0,45*2=0,9 damage and 2 AP compared to 1 damage and 0,3 AP. So AP is definalty the way to go. Will be trying zhonya's soon, perhaps with mejaj.

BuenaBuena

10-25-2010

Do you really need any of these on Kayle? When I play her I go some boots, Guinsoo, Nashor and the game is usually over. Considering quite bad Kayle farming (untill late), her supporting role and buying wards I hardly ever can afford something else. In case I could I would prefer survivability - Banshee, Rylai or something.
Btw Zhonya's active not good on Kayle. You are not Fiddle nor Nunu who can damage by mere presence. Using Zhonya just means you'll die 2 sec later.

KhaoticImp

10-25-2010

I think its based entirely off of the game your in.
I have had games were rageblade, boots, and wards are all I can afford or I get fed early game and can go crazy itemwise.
I am kind of biased towards rageblade, nashors as AS is hawt but I can see zhonyas actually benefiting more. Just kinda get a feel for the game then decide what your item path should be.

Servare Vitas

10-25-2010

Quote:
BuenaBuena:
Do you really need any of these on Kayle? When I play her I go some boots, Guinsoo, Nashor and the game is usually over. Considering quite bad Kayle farming (untill late), her supporting role and buying wards I hardly ever can afford something else. In case I could I would prefer survivability - Banshee, Rylai or something.
Btw Zhonya's active not good on Kayle. You are not Fiddle nor Nunu who can damage by mere presence. Using Zhonya just means you'll die 2 sec later.

Kayle farms fairly well (even early game)
Kayle can fill a Deeps role very well
Nunu cannot damage by mere presence

Radamanthys3

10-25-2010

Quote:
BuenaBuena:
Do you really need any of these on Kayle? When I play her I go some boots, Guinsoo, Nashor and the game is usually over.

Because some games do last that long.

Shadowmere

10-25-2010

Quote:
buenabuena:
do you really need any of these on kayle? When i play her i go some boots, guinsoo, nashor and the game is usually over. Considering quite bad kayle farming (untill late), her supporting role and buying wards i hardly ever can afford something else. In case i could i would prefer survivability - banshee, rylai or something.
Btw zhonya's active not good on kayle. You are not fiddle nor nunu who can damage by mere presence. Using zhonya just means you'll die 2 sec later.

this

Gunflame

10-25-2010

i have had PLENTY of oportunities were i go:
doran
rageblade
boots
Nashor
3x elixirs
Hextech

PLENTY!!!... every game that lasts about 35-40 mins.

Contrary to popular belief kayle is NOT a bad farmer. It is above most melees if you know how to use righteous fury, of course it is not a Miss fortune or tristana, but it can farm well enough early game (unless she has a really tough lane or a KSer lane partner).

Why is she a decent farmer?
- For she is about 60% ranged. 1 Righteous fury is enough to last hit a wave of minions.
- She has splash. If you plan your attacks CAREFULLY (like I do) you can kill 2 minions or even 3 at the same time.
- She has a heal that allows her to stay in lane for a longer time.
- W/ righteous fury she hits pretty hard, makes it easier to kill minions.
- She has a somewhat fast melee animation, not the best but better than many others.
- She can harass with Reckoning+ fury, even get an early kill if she packs ignite and the enemy is not careful.

at lvl 7/8 she can solo golem with only doran and blasting wand or Pickaxe. Of course it requieres to be left alone and a lot of mana (like 600). But it is doable.

Zhonya vs Hextech. Never considered this... but I really love lifesteal of hextech so I think I'll keep passing Zhonya. Also magic damage doesn't help breaking towers.