Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Need help with nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

imbaNewbie

10-23-2010

So i just bought nidalee and i not so sure about what is her role in a teamfight, and what is the items that i should get and skill build. Reason being that i normally play on TT, therefore some builds that are effective on SR are not necessarily effective on TT. In fact, they flat out fail most of the time.

so any builds or guides for nidalee on TT ?

Kroghar

10-23-2010

She doesn't really have a roll in teamfights, that's why she's not too popular on SR. She's supposedly a powerhouse on TT, but I've never had much luck with her the few times I tried.

Her biggest strength is adaptability really. She can fit any role needed at that moment. She's kind of a lone wolf since she can get in and out of fights easily, she can chase runners, she can control the Jungle, she can offer some support, she can push lanes, she can really do it all. Just need to adapt to what the situation needs.

Drop traps in all the bushes to cover you and your teammates, start off just sniping at range and harassing, Nidalee is great at keeping pressure on and pushing hard. When you're level 6 you can really catch people off guard. Toss Spear, Heal yourself, cat form, pounce, etc. You'll be great in the Jungle once you get past 6 and some levels. Run around, make use of the Shrubbery, push lanes, kill Jungle creeps, heal your allies when needed, etc.

Her core items are pretty cheap so they'll work on both SR and TT.

Doran's Ring
Boots
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Sheen

From there I've heard Malady is great on her, but I'm not 100% if cougar form abilities are magic damage, so I'd check that first. Otherwise, Lich Bane or any other AP item would be solid.

Kroghar

10-23-2010

Oh just to throw it out there too, Ap/Hybrid is pretty highly regarded as the most effective for big heals and big spear throws, but a more AD focused build may be more legitimate on TT.

Cougar form gives her 10% dodge, and Takedown can crit. So if you build around those with Masteries/Runes, maybe some CDR for Swipe/Takedown spam. I'd bet she could be pretty deadly. Still wouldn't compare to a champ designed around it like Tryn or Jax, but Nidalee has the added bonus of being able to heal and control the map.

Few random tips:

Spam Pounce all the time to get around faster.
Never forget to utilize her passive which will help you a ton on TT
Make sure to take full advantage of the benefits of Sheen/Rageblade, spam those abilities!
Drop traps everywhere all the time
It's possible to throw a trap in someones face to set it off and lower their resistances, great in team fights.
Pounce can work over some narrow walls.

Random items to consider on her after her core build, Rylai's, Frozen Heart, Brutalizer, Spirit Visage.

Writing all this has gotten me excited to play her again, I might have to give it another go.

imbaNewbie

10-23-2010

Quote:
Kroghar:
Oh just to throw it out there too, Ap/Hybrid is pretty highly regarded as the most effective for big heals and big spear throws, but a more AD focused build may be more legitimate on TT.

Cougar form gives her 10% dodge, and Takedown can crit. So if you build around those with Masteries/Runes, maybe some CDR for Swipe/Takedown spam. I'd bet she could be pretty deadly. Still wouldn't compare to a champ designed around it like Tryn or Jax, but Nidalee has the added bonus of being able to heal and control the map.

Few random tips:

Spam Pounce all the time to get around faster.
Never forget to utilize her passive which will help you a ton on TT
Make sure to take full advantage of the benefits of Sheen/Rageblade, spam those abilities!
Drop traps everywhere all the time
It's possible to throw a trap in someones face to set it off and lower their resistances, great in team fights.
Pounce can work over some narrow walls.

Random items to consider on her after her core build, Rylai's, Frozen Heart, Brutalizer, Spirit Visage.

Writing all this has gotten me excited to play her again, I might have to give it another go.

if i go AD, her main source of damage come from her takedown only right ?

if i go AP/hybrid, what is the masteries to get ?

i did a practice game to test out which part of TT can i jump over, but so far only 2 walls that are able to jump, thats the top 2 walls with the buff monsters.

bI1tz

10-23-2010

Doran's Ring,Merc Treads,Guinsoo's Rageblade,Lichbane,Zhonya's,Quicksilver Sash.

Magic Pen Marks,Dodge Seals(I'm currently using MP/5 because I can't afford Dodges yet and it helps w/ spamming skills) and Flat or per level CDR blues(I prefer per level because most games are decided by huge teambattles endgame).

Your role in a teamfight is to:you shouldn't be in the teamfight in the first place if possible, you work much better as a pusher while the other team is pushing mid, forcing them to split their forces. If pushing is not a viable option, your job is to weave in and out of bushes and the sides, spamming traps on all the bushes you see, spamming Javelin whenever it's off cooldown(run away from your target when using it to harass to deal maximum damage) and healing your team. When the teamfight is commenced, your job is to autoattack the nearest target, still spamming all 3 skills and use Cougar Form to burst anyone that overextended and/or stunned/cc'd. In the cleanup phase where your team is victorious and is killing the runners, that's where you excel, stay in Cougar Form and spam all 3 Cougar skills, using bushes to boost your speed even more and change back to human to snipe off people with your Javelin. If you lost the teamfight, switch between human and Cougar form, throwing Javelins, Traps, and heals on your allies while running away, if you do it correctly, you might be able to kill some people that overextended with a Javelin+Pounce+Swipe+Takedown.

The most important lesson about playing Nid:you should always be doing something, spamming traps, javelins, heals, and never stand and fight in one place, you burst with cougar form, run into a bush, throw a spear, heal, and trap, change back to cougar and spike them again.

Takes a while to play her effectively, but really satisfying. Wish you luck!

Churchy

Friend of Urf

10-23-2010

AD is a beneficial build because she can deal damage without getting into takedown range. Takedown range is the DANGER ZONE because she will die and she will die fast. With an AD build, I would still go sheen-->guinsoos-->BT-->IE-->LW

AP is about utilizing her harass with traps and spears, as well as supporting with her heals, and then adding a moderate amount of damage with a swipe/takedown. She also makes an amazing chaser for those pesky runners.
My AP build is:
Sheen-->Mejais-->Tear-->Guinsoos
I don't get the above in any particular order, just what works best for me that game. Depending on who I lane against, I may get a dorans or i may start with a crystal.

Then I build AA, Lichbane, and Zhonyas.

Udontgnome

10-24-2010

I main Nidalee.

AD is not very good IMO; its not really using her to her full potential. I only build her as a carry if my team doesn't have one.

Build AP/Hybrid:
1. Dorans Ring
2. Merc Treads
3. Rageblade
4. Lich Bane
5. Zhonyas

The MS increase on Lich Bane is pretty clutch. Nidalee excells at kiting and taking down runners. In a team fight you will mostly want to try to javelin their squishies from long range and heal your allies. Other than that, be mindful of when and when not to go into cougar. Nidalee dies fairly easily if focused.

Blueonblue

10-25-2010

I've tried AD. Hybrid, AP and even that 500 damage to creep item which has a name that escapes me in TT and just AP Lichbane seems to work best. The thing that makes TT so hard for Nid is she walks a razors edge between support/harassment and DPS and the small size of TT makes it harder to be at the right range for the situation when a fight breaks out

Winterheart

10-25-2010

thornmail
+ sunfire cape
+ sunfire cape
+ sunfire cape
Nidalee is my favorite champion. this combo is not only possible but turns nidalee into a support/assasin

bI1tz

10-25-2010

Quote:
Fluffyn00b:
thornmail
+ sunfire cape
+ sunfire cape
+ sunfire cape
Nidalee is my favorite champion. this combo is not only possible but turns nidalee into a support/assasin

Really dude................