Looking for Help; Possible Duo Que Partner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AC Wing

02-02-2013

I'm at the very bottom of Bronze Division III in Cho'gath's Warlocks. Even before the new system i just seem to lose most of my ranked matches. I'm not an exceptional player by any means but I just need some advice on how to somehow move up from where I am. I main adc but I'll fill in for my team if needed. If anyone can coach me in some way or if anyone in my division is willing to duo with me It would be much appreciated. I just don't see any progress as of yet.

Kaolla

02-02-2013

where do you THINK your problems lie?

AC Wing

02-02-2013

I just think I need to make plays when other lanes are having trouble. The problem is abandoning bot lane for a little could have significant downsides. I just need to work on adapting to my teams because different people have different playstyles. If there's a lee sin that goes in on most of his opportunities; I may not want to go in but I have to make the best of the situation and go in with him.

Kaolla

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tandrionos View Post
I just think I need to make plays when other lanes are having trouble. The problem is abandoning bot lane for a little could have significant downsides. I just need to work on adapting to my teams because different people have different playstyles. If there's a lee sin that goes in on most of his opportunities; I may not want to go in but I have to make the best of the situation and go in with him.
generally as a rule you don't want to leave lane as an AD carry at all, unless you see the enemy is behind you, invading your jungle or something. maximizing farm is the key to success.

as far as joining an engagement goes, it's pretty fair that you need to back your team no matter what they do. even if you believe it to be a bad play, provide support for them anyways. basically it boils down to being able to rely on your team. you can never initiate properly if you can't even trust your team to follow.

you will definitely get better if you continue to find areas that you can improve and actively address them. good luck, sir

Kitten Pawz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I main support. You need farm, farm, and more farm.

If we lose lane, don't join team fights. SCREW TEAM FIGHTS. Farm safely. Too many times I was bot with an adc and we got outplayed or their jungler was an extraordinary ganker *even ganking under tower* and we lost our lane. When the adc says "screw team fights, I'm going to farm" and is able to safely, that adc is able to win the game for us.

So, I would say:

Focus on last hitting more than harassing, that's my job *or whoever is your support*

Do not roam unless you are ahead, you must farm

Don't bother with team fights if you are behind

AC Wing

02-02-2013

Yeah that is what I'm focusing on right now. I have most of my fundamentals down. I try to have cs goals. 200 by 30, things like that. I proportionally win my lane most of the time but come mid game, especially if I lose my tower the other team usually has superior map control. It gets hard to farm waves safely so I'll pick up jungle creeps whenever possible. That might be the biggest issue that I could say the people I play with come across; map control. Usually only the support is picking up wards and they can only carry so much at a time. If I'm really ahead I might pick up one or two because I want to have vision of objectives and I don't want anyone getting caught out.