Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Watched Angel Beats from start to finish during maintenance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snakeblade

02-01-2013

Quote:
S&:
I don't think I can agree with that philosophy. I'm going to assume that you are a die hard Death Note fan, which is perfectly fine, but the way you generalize anime's that way is nonsensical.

On another hand, fanservice is an important aspect to animes and television. Just look at some of the recent successful series, such as How I Met Your Mother, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, etc. I'm not trying to say that the story isn't important, but it's hard to comprehend what you're trying to say.

One lane thing, Angel Beats had literally little to no fanservice at all.

Im definitely not a deathnote fan boy. I watches it was fine once they got to sone interesting twists but it like many others suffer from its own fan service overload. Anime seems to be a genre where writers are often afraid to push the envelope but can regurgitate the same things over and over again with surprising success. Look at a series like code gease its pretty standard in concept and it the premise makes sense but it pulls some cool twists and knows when a plot device is used up. Compare that to soul eater, they have a similar audience and it has the same story archatype as other animes but it doesn't follow through on the "new" it gets caught up on the naruto syndrome where story arch a sells the most coppies and generates the best income. Sure it could have ended after 2nd season but why stop when you can recycle last months story with a new name for the master villain. I know i sound kinda biased and i probably am but im a story/ character progression kinda guy i couldn't care less if you put 4 d cup 14 year olds doing upskirt running shots an episide but if you cant make me grow attached to the character with out prying on sexuality (and some characters can actually be built with sexy as an archetype and pull it off but having every female as that won't fly) ill gladly speak out against you.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Micalas

02-01-2013

Quote:
Get into my van:
All anime looks the same to me.

I'm sure that doctors will one day find a way to give you working, cybernetic eyes.