What is ARAM?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vendoriz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2010

i have no idea i have been seeing this around in practice game and i just get kick once i enter them =(

Hanaur

10-23-2010

It stands for All Random All Middle. Its a joke practice game they just do purely for fun. They want everyone to choose the 'random hero' on champ select and everyone lanes in mid

OmniOmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2010

Most of the time, ARAM matches will have a level requirement set by the host (usually 25+ or 30 only), if you are low level, this is probably why you keep getting kicked.

LinedBlood

10-23-2010

Or, you could have earned yourself a reputation where you cheat in the aram.
The standard rules are quite vague when people post the rules in game so i'll explain the basics.
No fort/fortify: The summoner spell which casts a shield over the turrets in game
No snowball items/stack: Items like Sword of Occult/ Mejajs soulstealer. (If you read the description of the item it often says what the item does, in this case stacking items give you a stack whenever you earn yourself a kill or an assist
No jungling/jungle: No killing the neutral creeps which are located all around the map.
No bush: No stealthing inside the tall grass around the map
All mid: Pretty straight forward, all in in the centre of the map.
No Recall: No recalling back to base to heal or buy items

Those are the standard and basic rules of aram, just follow them and you won't be trolled. Oh here are some tips:
-Never overextend unless you've gotten yourself a tank champion or you know you're going to get the kill why being able to get out of there alive.
-Try to go for useful summoner spells like Heal, ghost, cleanse, rally (People don't use this alot, but from 5 champs getting a damage buff thats quite decent, and not to mention easy to use) and not spells like smite, clairvoyance. Those are absolutely useless in aram.
-If you've gotten yourself a champ like soraka or a champion that isn't for dealing damage, try buying mana manipulator at the start, it's a mana regen buff which applies to nearby champions. So unlike a champion like Twisted fate your mostly concentrating on healing your own team when necessary and not harrasing the enemy champions. So in theory; you don't need damage items until late game amirite?
Hope this helped, took quite a while to write that one up

Rickdiculous

10-23-2010

ARAM stands for "All Random All Middle".

It is a match that consist of all randomly chosen champions followed by the conditions that everyone must choose the middle lane. Most host that choose to create these games often set the level cap at 20-30 in order to ensure that the rules are not broken by new players. Champions that have good initiating/support/AOE (area of effect) spells often dominate this mode because they provide the team with extremely dominate laning power.

Rules often include:
-All Middle
-No Brush/Jungle
-No recall
-No going back
-No snowball items (Mejai's, Occault, Leviathan)
-No Guardian Angel
-No Fortify

xpsychedelico

10-23-2010

It's a pretty popular game mode, and the rules and playstyle are pretty much described by Lined and Rick. Many players are in support of it being turned into an actual game mode, and there was a tournament for ARAM awhile back: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=249046

I enjoy the mode and it's a good break from the usual 3v3 and 5v5 format, it's basically a constant poke/teamfight map and a lot of cooperation. Part of it depends on luck and the champions you get (I had Zilean and Gankplank on my team once, we outleveled them by 2 levels easily), but I've also seen unlikely teams win, and a 4v5 is actually doable due to the exp edge.

Because there's a lot of inter-team dependence in this mode, it's a game that you cannot afford to be selfish in, and it explains why many of them want players who at least understand the basic mechanics of the game when randoming a champion you've never played before, helping everyone out and the items to get. In general, everyone carries heal and clarity, unless you're a mana-less champion, then you can get something like exhaust, ghost, ignite, etc. Using your summoner spells to save another person who got unlucky, or using clarity because majority of your team needs it even if you don't, are some of the things that occur in ARAM. Getting mana manipulator at the start and other aura items later is also common, basically anything that benefits your team the most. Again, it's a very cooperative mode and that's probably the biggest draw for me when I play it.

Puff Bot

06-29-2011

Riot Rocks!
puff

MehCurry

06-29-2011

necro bumping isn't cool.

Ge0rgy0

08-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MehCurry View Post
necro bumping isn't cool.
The thread got Yorick'd

redeux

08-05-2011

Stop bumping this thread. If you have something new to add to the conversation, make a new thread as the OP likely doesn't read this forum anymore.