How good of a champion idea is Kanaiia?

This champion is awesome!!! Riot, please make Kanaiia. 2 16.67%
Very good idea, Riot should consider this. 2 16.67%
Average champion idea, doesn't deserve any special mention 3 25.00%
Terrible champion idea, this post should be deleted! 5 41.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Kanaiia, the Psi Enforcer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lordaeth

02-01-2013

Please post your feedback :-).

Kanaiia, the Psi Enforcer

Race: Human
Origin: Piltover
Alliance: Good
Class: Anti-Mage
Subclass: Hybrid Assassin
Weapon: Pink Psi Orbs (Ranged)
Attack Type: Psi
Energy Source: Mana and Psi Charges

Passive: Lingering Energy: Kanaiia gains a charge for each enemy spell near her 400 feet away any direction up to a maximum of 75/90/115 charges and she gains 0.4/0.6/0.8 magic resist and 0.2/0.3/0.4 armor for each charge. She loses half her charges on death. If she has max charges her spells gain an extra effect.
Ability Q: Mindsight: Mana:60/70/80/90/100 Cool: 20: All single-target from a certain champion spells miss Kanaiia for 1/1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8/2 (+0.01 per psi charge)(+0.005 per AP)(+0.01 per AP) seconds.
Extra Effect: Also misses skillshots which hit you.
Visual: Gains a red&black aura and the target has a pink aura.
Ability W: Mana Burn: MPS: 5/10/15/20/25 Cool: 20: Rapidly channels and reduces the target's mana/energy until they get out of 1000 range or you toggle it off for 1/2/3/4/5 (+0.1 per psi charge)(+0.025 per AP) mana/energy drain per second.
Extra Effect: Adds health burn (magical damage).
Visual: Shoots a laser which alternates between blue and red.
Ability E: Telekinesis: Mana:80/90/100/110/120 Cool: 15: Pushes away all enemies in a 800 foot long and 200 foot wide line after an 1 sec animation in which she spins/jumps and kicks her legforward for the beam/puts her arms out for the bubble and deals them 120/140/160/180/200 (+1 per charge)(+1 per bonus AD)(+0.5 per bonus AP) physical damage.
Visual: Clear with outline beam/bubble comes out and pushes enemies away.
Extra Effect: Bubbles 400 in all direction
Ultimate: Null-Magic Field: Mana: 200/250/300 Cool: 150/135/120: All spells cast by enemies are nullified and all their spells except ultimates continuously go on cooldown in the field which is 600 for 2/3/4 (+0.01 per charge)(+0.005 per AP) seconds and Kanaiia gains 10/15/20 mana for every spell that went on cooldown because of the field and she loses half her current charges.
Extra Effect: Loses 1/4 charges instead of 1/2.
Visual: Purple field, when enemy spells go on cooldown they have a blue aura and it comes to Kanaiia and then fades.

Stats:
Health: 510+70/lvl
Health per 5: 3+0.5/lvl
Mana: 450+45/lvl
Mana per 5: 5+0.5/lvl
AD: 60+3/lvl
AS: 0.75
MS: 320
Armor: 5+2/lvl
MR: 5+2/lvl

Lore: Kanaiia has always had her psi powers, but until recently they were out of control. As a little girl, she was both scorned and feared because of her psi powers since her parents died in a psi outburst from her, she had no friends except her pet raccoon, Zorro. When she was 12, she met Ezreal, who found out they had many common interests. They both love exploring, feel the joy of cracking a puzzle, and have a great affinity for magic. He gave her a band of pure magic to help her control her psi powers. From that point and onward, she was exploring with Ezreal to find magical artifacts and the second band. A year and a half later, she found the second band, and along with it, some void creatures. She defeated them and took the other band but was exhausted so her psi powers induced a deep sleep for a few months until a group of summoners found her and saw that she had defeated all the void creatures there so they brought her to the League to heal and be a champion.

"Finally, a gal to my liking" -Ezreal

Quotes:
Selection: I'll crack their mind like a puzzle!
Movement: I’m going, I’m going, wait till I’m done texting.
Attack: Zorro, go chase those punks, stop lying around like road kill *Zorro squirms*.
Q Use: Missed me!
R Use: Your magic is mine!
Taunts:
Jokes: Well, *her hair stands on end* at least my powers work as hair gel.

Appearance: Very short sleeves, about 5 feet tall, has goggles, long dark brown hair, hair flying wildly upwards when psi powers are used, 14 years old, skinny, a white band of pure energy around each wrist, rubber boot, and light brown eyes, has a raccoon who is on her head until she uses her powers which he then wraps around her neck till she is done using powers and then he returns to her head.

Skins: Classic
Love Knight Kanaiia: Her orbs of psi are hearts, her bands are heart shaped, suit of armor, ponytail as helmet plumage, large heart on chestplate.
Chameleon Kanaiia: Her hair changes color depending on health% and her clothes are camo-colored.

Playing as Kanaiia:

Playing Against Kanaiia:

I give Riot full permission to use this idea and even create an identical champion or with change without giving me any credit.

Tahi Relle

02-01-2013

Her Passive is problematic because of the sheer volume of early MR she can gain. There is no amount of items that give you 200 MR, and esspecially not so early in the game. 100 spells might seem like a lot, but it goes by really quick if your opponent's spells cant kill you and you shove them out of your lane.

What's really nice, but at the same time bad, about this idea is something you hardly see on this forum--blatant drop off late game. Even with max Psi Stacks, she deals really low amounts of damage at moderate cooldown because she wont scale off of Ability power (Or anything else for that matter).

While the idea of a total lockdown in mid lane that becomes fairly weak mid-to-late game is fun, I feel that with many of the changes riot makes, which invlove and always include making it so players can't "force" other player's hands by simply picking a champion, her passive would be too far out of wack. Middle lane would have to be abbandoned or switcvhed with an AD champion, or the jungles would constantly have to hover around there, and no where else. I Say jungle'S' because if mid is getting ganked a lot, your jungle should be helping you as well

I would suggest some different scaling than JUST psi Charges. Give some AP or AD Scaling, depending on how you veiw her, but make the Psi Charges significantly more valuable. Reduce the MR Buff, because 200 is insane, esspecially at 2 per spell. perhaps just .5 per spell, maxing at 50. Thats not too far out of wack and tops some of the better Magic resistance champions.

Lordaeth

02-01-2013

How about .75 per spell up to 75 MR? And i picture all of her abilities to stack to AP with her Telekinesis stacking with amount of nearby champs. Thanks for your review, i'm sure it will help Kanaiia!
Hows what I did?

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

I would lower the cap and raise the ratio. Her spells don't seem very spammable, and it's not like anyone is going to bother to cast anything against you with your Q, so they'll just ignore you and farm. Also keep in mind that Riot wouldn't impliment an ability that rewards you for stagnant play, and having 3 of your allies sitting in the spawn, spamming spells would be an easy way to earn stacks. That's why all per-adjacent-spell gatherers (Kassadin, Maokai) have a short total, and don't provide huge (and especially passive) benefits.

You punish mages for casting spells, but your passive RELIES on it. Just seems too contradictory to me.
Also, some champions require use of their passive to work correctly (Think of Leblanc, or Vladimir [Do you want his lifebar to drop by 30% on a dime?]), so your ultimate might need some changing.

Lordaeth

02-01-2013

sorry, i meant enemy spells and i'll cancel the passive part

√Čidolon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

No offense... and I promise you I'm not trying to be rude but at first glance of clicking on your link I browsed straight through the concept without really taking time to read it and pressed back on my webbrowser, simply because of it's really poor layout.

I actually rationally decided to come back to see if I may have missed something but I feel layout and organization is extremely important for the viewers/readers. You can imagine how many other concepts are on this board that are short, unorganized and not taken seriously you want to make sure you're not part of the majority.

You should really look into organizing your layout a little more by indenting, using bolds and italics ect.

Sometimes there can be a fantastic idea hidden in the haystack and unfortunately the only way to find it is to be a pr1ck

That being said, there maybe potential and I'm sure you'd get a lot more views if you elaborated and organized it more!

Keep up the good work!

AntSharK

02-01-2013

The concept of having a spell that affects other spells/cooldowns directly is something that deserves to be toyed around with more.

I guess the main problem with her is that she is far too niche (she gains MR only!), perhaps tweak to be more general purpose (it seems right now she's doomed to shut down some champions and be completely useless against others).

I like all the utility concepts here. Perhaps with tweaking it could become really viable.

Lordaeth

02-01-2013

did and did

Lordaeth

02-02-2013

Fixing some things

Zarkof

02-02-2013

Her passive is too strong and free. You should think about reducing the number of stacks to 6 or 10, adding on a duration, and having the resist values increase as she levels (for example, every time an enemy casts a spell, Kanaiia gains a charge that increases her magic resist by 5/7/9 and her armor by 2/3/4 for 6 seconds, stacks up to 6 times (totaling at 30/42/54 mr and 12/18/24 armor) to be on par with Wukong's passive.

Q - This spell doesn't really seem to be fair. You're giving her the ability to block multiple spells and dodge multiple attacks. Might as well just make her untargetable for 1.5 seconds and give her a speed boost. I don't like how you scaled the time with AP/charge and it honestly looks so confusing that it isn't even worth trying to understand.

W - Mana drain is a big no-no. It's antifun. You drain their mana and they can't do anything back to you and are essentially useless if they're not an ADC. Easy mana drain like this is really unfun and has 0 counterplay options. You also miss the 5th rank of this spell for scaling, and your base damage starts too high and scales too much per level (it needs to start at around 70, not 100)

E - So this only usable as a "get off me" spell? The base damage starts out too high and the damage doesn't scale enough with rank. Since she is ranged, this spell needs to be usable at range offensively. Simply keeping it around only to use when an enemy gets close just doesn't seem very interesting.

R - no. You can't have this. This is like 10x worse than anything. You're effectively blocking EVERY spell cast by anyone for 3 seconds.

This champion is worse than Anti-Mage from DotA 2. You can't have such a powerful mana drain, spell dodge, and spell block. The entire premise of this champion is "Hi enemies. Enjoy not doing anything while we kill you. Ta!" This isn't fun to play against and there are no counterplay options. You do not yet understand the basic concepts of design and need to go back and read the guides.