I may be able to fix Yi, Permanently.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dante Blake

Member

02-02-2013

Please understand:

Riot doesn't fix characters that are cheap. They are more focused on releasing new champions that are horribly overpowered and also taking the existing high cost champions and not nerfing them or adding to their overpoweredness. So what you need to do is argue that Yi should be a 1000rp purchase. Then when you get that raised Riot will focus on changing him around so they can continue to rob every sucker out there that needs an unfair advantage to win.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Blake View Post
Please understand:

Riot doesn't fix characters that are cheap. They are more focused on releasing new champions that are horribly overpowered and also taking the existing high cost champions and not nerfing them or adding to their overpoweredness. So what you need to do is argue that Yi should be a 1000rp purchase. Then when you get that raised Riot will focus on changing him around so they can continue to rob every sucker out there that needs an unfair advantage to win.
Riot balances the game around cheaper champs actually. So there isn't really a need to change them too often unless theyre high utility or terribly viable. Yi isn't high utility or terribly viable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

igJoon

Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Please understand:

Riot doesn't fix characters that are cheap. They are more focused on releasing new champions that are horribly overpowered and also taking the existing high cost champions and not nerfing them or adding to their overpoweredness. So what you need to do is argue that Yi should be a 1000rp purchase. Then when you get that raised Riot will focus on changing him around so they can continue to rob every sucker out there that needs an unfair advantage to win.
While that might be true, and I wouldn't object to him being more expensive (and all other champions. Why should some champions cost less when we're supposed to have a balanced set of champions? But that's a whole different issue.), that really isn't the issue here. Also, it's a whole different issue. Also, they recently changed Yi's "Meditate" ability, so your statement isn't all that accurate. Also, notice that they just did an ANNIE visual update.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hollowtek

Senior Member

02-03-2013

So basically you want Meditate to be a free Leona W and a free Taric Q. Gotcha.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Absolute 42

Senior Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowtek View Post
So basically you want Meditate to be a free Leona W and a free Taric Q. Gotcha.
"Free" in the sense that it would cost mana and then go on cooldown. Plus, champions have to be balanced around kits. Unlike Leona or Taric, Yi can't stun teams or confer benefits on allies aside from killing people. Apples and oranges.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

igJoon

Member

02-03-2013

Quote:
"Free" in the sense that it would cost mana and then go on cooldown. Plus, champions have to be balanced around kits. Unlike Leona or Taric, Yi can't stun teams or confer benefits on allies aside from killing people. Apples and oranges.
Thank you. Someone understands.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrren

Senior Member

02-03-2013

this is a really good change. I always ban Yi in ranked, simply because everyone loves to focus him during Meditation while theres 4 others pounding everywhere... good work


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

igJoon

Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
this is a really good change. I always ban Yi in ranked, simply because everyone loves to focus him during Meditation while theres 4 others pounding everywhere... good work
Thanks for appreciating my idea. I'm not exactly sure at what elo people would just pound AP Master Yi when he's meditating, but if that works for you at that elo, that's cool. I personally wouldn't ban Yi even if the changes I suggested are taken into effect.
Hopefully, this suggestion reaches Riot's ears and they consider some sort of change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myrren

Senior Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by igJoon View Post
Thanks for appreciating my idea. I'm not exactly sure at what elo people would just pound AP Master Yi when he's meditating, but if that works for you at that elo, that's cool. I personally wouldn't ban Yi even if the changes I suggested are taken into effect.
Hopefully, this suggestion reaches Riot's ears and they consider some sort of change.
I'm in Gold IV (fingers crossed soon to be III) and it tends to happen... EVERY GAME. So everytime I fp I just ban him That and cause I am bored to death of laning against him. He's very 1D


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

igJoon

Member

02-04-2013

Quote:
I'm in Gold IV (fingers crossed soon to be III) and it tends to happen... EVERY GAME. So everytime I fp I just ban him That and cause I am bored to death of laning against him. He's very 1D
Well, whether you're gold IV or not, I still don't know at which elo people just focus Yi that's meditating with no cc.