Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptnJakSparrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're over-valuing the stealth here to an extent, because a 500-range instant teleport with that cooldown, alone, is one of the most powerful abilities in League. Add stealth, and well...

We've seen how often you said you were right, but how wrong you really were. Sorry, bro. You broke him. 90% of the champions in the game could already do everything he could do; but better. Now, it's even worse. Shaco now has to be level 2 to do what Sejuani already could at level 1. 90% of the fotm's will now destroy him. Kha'zix "What's that, Shaco? Ya jumped?" -vision ward- It's okay, my jump out ranges yours, and my slow is superior AND AOE. I really can't name off a single champ with a jump/gap closer that is shorter, or on par-weakness to Shaco's now. On top of that, sorry bro. Yet again, he's easily countered. The only reason Shaco could "dodge wards" is because everybody wards in the SAME spots, allllllll the time. Maybbbbeeeee if you, I don't know, "accidentally" switched warding areas, you'd see him coming. On top of that, he has a giant ORANGE CLOUD you forgot to take out that shows in the fog of war. That alone shows someone isn't doing their job. He's the only champ in the game that you LEGITIMATELY have a very visual cue that he's hiding in a bush with an ultimate, or decieving. On top of that. It isn't so much "Shaco" winning the game. It's "Shaco's" team. Shaco runs in gets a few ganks off that were already clearly countered with mere common sense. If he fails all 3, and gets countered, or dies within the first 4 minutes his entire viability diminishes incredibly, moreso than almost any other champion. If he dies one more time without a kill, it's "split push Shaco" from there on out. Even if he does well before then, if the enemy does an early group up, slap some health and armor on. Shaco goes from stomping that enemy to dying to that enemy just due to them hitting six with a giants belt. Not many fed champs have that issue, Shaco does. He's also the only char in the game that a simple ping/exhaust/ignite/ any icon can destroy the entire function/purpose of his ult. His CC? Takes two seconds to activate. Too bad it won't make it to two seconds with a Skarner/Nocturne/Kat/ anyone with an aoe ability ((Which is ... almost all new champions)) Lulu is also a fotm coming again for some reason. She has an ability that destroys his purpose. With Lulu + Tf + Lee Sin/Nocturne ((ever try fleeing with a Nocturne Q on you? It don't work)) on a team Shaco's escapes don't typically happen. They're also popular, who knew :/. On top of that, why pick Shaco when you can pick Lee Sin/Nocturne? His W has a better range than Shaco's key move. His Q is incredibly far. He can W over a wall, or into a bush to gank followed by a Q engage with a super AOE slow that's better, and superior to Shaco's ((It also nerfs attack speed)) His damage surpasses Shaco's ((He doesn't even really need ad items, I've done fine with him just going AP A TROLL BUILD. Because his scaling is absurd.)) On top of that, if they try to escape, he can just kick them right back. Nocturne can just ult and avoid all wards, and until ult he can just abuse mid and top lane with incredible speed and a CC shield.

Tl;dr Shaco wasn't, and especially not definitely now op, or "balanced." People are just that retarded :/. But; it's okay, I know you won't pay attention to that, and shrug me off as a moron. But; if you're getting this much hate feed back, I'm pretty sure I'm not far off from correct. Moral of the story, all other junglers can do everything he can do, but better, and with more damage out put/chasing ability.

killaz05

02-01-2013

Shaco is my main champion. He matches my personality so well that I use him 95% of the time. These nerfs are okay. they really don't hinder him in any real fashion. Sure the reduction in slow can be bad but by the time you are in for a gank you should have placed a jitb behind them and are behind them so by the time they run or flash behind you, they should be almost dead with your teammates help. If you are really concerned then get flash with Shaco. Sounds silly but you have that extended deceive and/or two blinks to get away. As long as deceive still works over walls, this nerf hasn't hurt him that much. AP Shaco has not been altered at all and is very viable. I wonder how many games Riot has played with AP Shaco... wouldn't mind playing a match with them though of course they might end up trying to nerf AP Shaco after :-P

I would like to see something to help Shaco though. He has an entrance and escape but what about with 1v1 fights? He really can't compete with the likes of nocturne and other junglers. Sure lay down a box but people like olaf or even nocturne can kill them before they stealth and still kill shaco. I would like to see Shaco 1v1 another champion and make it a good fight without having to be fed. That is just my opinion on it. Lastly... I want a legendary skin for him. Please make him one!!!

CaptnJakSparrow

02-01-2013

I pretty much only exclusively play him AP anymore. And yes, they'll nerf it too until you're forced to follow the one way train of building. Kind of depressing.

TSM Redmagejake

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlappy View Post
We've seen how often you said you were right, but how wrong you really were. Sorry, bro. You broke him. 90% of the champions in the game could already do everything he could do; but better. Now, it's even worse. Shaco now has to be level 2 to do what Sejuani already could at level 1. 90% of the fotm's will now destroy him. Kha'zix "What's that, Shaco? Ya jumped?" -vision ward- It's okay, my jump out ranges yours, and my slow is superior AND AOE. I really can't name off a single champ with a jump/gap closer that is shorter, or on par-weakness to Shaco's now. On top of that, sorry bro. Yet again, he's easily countered. The only reason Shaco could "dodge wards" is because everybody wards in the SAME spots, allllllll the time. Maybbbbeeeee if you, I don't know, "accidentally" switched warding areas, you'd see him coming. On top of that, he has a giant ORANGE CLOUD you forgot to take out that shows in the fog of war. That alone shows someone isn't doing their job. He's the only champ in the game that you LEGITIMATELY have a very visual cue that he's hiding in a bush with an ultimate, or decieving. On top of that. It isn't so much "Shaco" winning the game. It's "Shaco's" team. Shaco runs in gets a few ganks off that were already clearly countered with mere common sense. If he fails all 3, and gets countered, or dies within the first 4 minutes his entire viability diminishes incredibly, moreso than almost any other champion. If he dies one more time without a kill, it's "split push Shaco" from there on out. Even if he does well before then, if the enemy does an early group up, slap some health and armor on. Shaco goes from stomping that enemy to dying to that enemy just due to them hitting six with a giants belt. Not many fed champs have that issue, Shaco does. He's also the only char in the game that a simple ping/exhaust/ignite/ any icon can destroy the entire function/purpose of his ult. His CC? Takes two seconds to activate. Too bad it won't make it to two seconds with a Skarner/Nocturne/Kat/ anyone with an aoe ability ((Which is ... almost all new champions)) Lulu is also a fotm coming again for some reason. She has an ability that destroys his purpose. With Lulu + Tf + Lee Sin/Nocturne ((ever try fleeing with a Nocturne Q on you? It don't work)) on a team Shaco's escapes don't typically happen. They're also popular, who knew :/. On top of that, why pick Shaco when you can pick Lee Sin/Nocturne? His W has a better range than Shaco's key move. His Q is incredibly far. He can W over a wall, or into a bush to gank followed by a Q engage with a super AOE slow that's better, and superior to Shaco's ((It also nerfs attack speed)) His damage surpasses Shaco's ((He doesn't even really need ad items, I've done fine with him just going AP A TROLL BUILD. Because his scaling is absurd.)) On top of that, if they try to escape, he can just kick them right back. Nocturne can just ult and avoid all wards, and until ult he can just abuse mid and top lane with incredible speed and a CC shield.

Tl;dr Shaco wasn't, and especially not definitely now op, or "balanced." People are just that retarded :/. But; it's okay, I know you won't pay attention to that, and shrug me off as a moron. But; if you're getting this much hate feed back, I'm pretty sure I'm not far off from correct. Moral of the story, all other junglers can do everything he can do, but better, and with more damage out put/chasing ability.
This man told it like it is.... and he's now my hero

Aequilix

02-01-2013

"Shacos a little out of control right now."
~Morello

No he wasn't, this makes no sense lol.

TSM Redmagejake

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEKiD96 View Post
"Shacos a little out of control right now."
~Morello

No he wasn't, this makes no sense lol.
He was GANKING people left and right, farming both jungles... killing the other junglers NON STOP ... BACKDOORING ALL LANES downing 3 inhibs JUKING 5.... no WAIT 6 ENEMIES then GANKING SOME MORE.... and having LATE NIGHT WILD PARTIES EVERYNIGHT and Snorting Various TIGER BLOOD DRUGS

....yeah... shaco was out of control alright...

Dogan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're over-valuing the stealth here to an extent, because a 500-range instant teleport with that cooldown, alone, is one of the most powerful abilities in League. Add stealth, and well...
You're a joke, wrong at the same time.

DL52M

02-01-2013

All i can say is: R.I.P shaco for low ELO. Thats where he was complete destroyed

It is already hard to see him. Most of the people i talked with said they refunded him because he wasnt good.

Now you will only see him at 2000+ . Really dissapointed

Nic Bol

02-01-2013

I do know that Shaco was pretty strong, I think it is obvious that a champion is strong when you get people calling you "best Shaco NA" and remembering you from games you had a few days ago. Especially when you have only got 1000 ELO and are most definitely not the best Shaco NA.

toletole

02-01-2013

I think in Jax, Lee Sin, Jarman... They all can have lvl 2 ganks that could probably be better than Shaco's... scale better mid and late game... and be more useful than him in teamfights (dmg, tankyness, splitpushing...). That couple of seconds of invisibility = ****load of nerfs :/