Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Efrath

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
His late-game is not that bad - that's a weird misconception. He plays a lot like other clean-ups that can split push in a team role (IE Nidalee). He's an odd pick, and I like that, but he's very valuable early and late.
What the guy you're replying too basically is talking about is the bad Item scaling on Shaco. Mind you, I think Shaco is great and I don't mind the nerfs much but IF you fail with ganks as Shaco (Get counter-jungled, die during a gank or simply don't get opportunities to gank), it's very easy for him to fall behind to a point where there's very little he can do for the team.

While other junglers can still be a threat even when behind due to scalings, Shaco has the problem that he needs more items to be just as effective at times. Jungle does give a good amount of gold, but currently, I sadly found the more effective build *Not* to build AD to increase the damage in his skills but rather go with a offtankish build with Trinity force.

I know I'm no pro, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Another thing I want to ask is whether you have any plans on improving the durability of his boxes? As it is now, they are great early game for damage and CC but by the time mid game comes you really only use them for the CC as a single AA is enough to destroy it. I doubt that giving them more durability would make them "OP" as you can still easily walk away from them, but I feel that they would make AP Shaco more effective and give AD Shaco a reason to try and place boxes mid fight (As it is now, they get destroyed even before they go invisible).

Also, what do you think about adding a small AD scaling to boxes?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Misi

Junior Member

02-01-2013

nerf the f******** warmog plz


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheDraco4011

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misi View Post
nerf the f******** warmog plz
um... you do know they nerfed giants belt and upped the warmog and sunfire cost right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GosuMind

Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Except his problem cases are in 2000+ elo.

This reaction is expected, because the common opinion of this is that Shaco sucks, when he factually is really strong. When the argument is "he's really bad, why nerf" I can't discuss that because your argument is based on something that's just not correct here.
and what with us mortals who never reached that elo. and btw


Meanwhile...























KHA'ZIX
AHRI
SHEN
SHEN
SHEN
LEE SIN
MALPHITE
JAX
BLACK CLEAVER
BLACK CLEAVER
BLACK CLEAVER
WARMOGS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BehemothClaw6

Member

02-01-2013

warmogs is getting an update. Jax has a way to beat, malphite is commonly banned, shen is commonly banned, ahri isn't commonly played, kha'zix is recent and has been altered. no cred to the creators with ignorance.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xImaginaryfriend

Senior Member

02-01-2013

morello got dunked by a shaco and raged, this is the result.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaldominasian View Post
Well... there goes playing Shaco ever again.

I play Shaco very well even in ranked games... but why even bother now? It's too much effort when there are so many other junglers where it's so much easier to win with. Shaco has always taken intelligence and skill to play correctly. He requires a higher than average level of team coordination. I can't tell you how many times the rest of the team messes up my boxes level 1 or refuses to let me split push.
If they're going to do something with Shaco, they need to do it in a clever way.

Just straight nerfing him is honestly like "fine, I'll play some bruiser that does the same thing only better".

You can just build Black Cleaver Warmog's Kha'Zix and be 10 times more useful than Shaco.

Yes, Shaco is a powerful champion, if you are reasonably skilled with him.

And even so, it's a race to wreck lanes earlygame or you lose.

Straight nerfs aren't going to change that unless you pretty much make him completely unplayable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarlWayneJenkins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

The nerfs were a necessary change. I'd like to see some added higher rank box duration in the future. Would 15 additional seconds of stealth (per rank) on the boxes break his kit? I know it was silly to get both buffs at 2:10 with the two minute box duration, but the previous nerf RUINED the trap nature of AP shaco unless you were completely aware of the other jungler's pattern and willing to gimp yourself for dickery.
The only problem I have with the deceive nerf is that at level 18 with oracles and a flash someone can "stick" to you through a deceive. The 100 lost range in end game seems to be neutering his endgame team-fighting prowess. Does making deceive act a little more deceptive as you rank the skill move it from a 1 point wonder to something that is actually worth ranking up?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BehemothClaw6

Member

02-01-2013

shaco can also run flash... ergo systemic anomaly


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
You're over-valuing the stealth here to an extent, because a 500-range instant teleport with that cooldown, alone, is one of the most powerful abilities in League. Add stealth, and well...
Nothing compared to the madness that is Rift Walk, a teleport spell with twice the range and half the cooldown.