Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Shaco Nerf Makes 0 Sense..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Super Explosion

01-31-2013

Quote:
Gorsz:
Morello said that the nerf to shaco's Q will give laners an extra second of reaction time.

That sounds less annoying to me.

The humor is, that to a skilled Shaco, this nerf did nothing to hinder the champion's earlygame power.

I'm still going to get Red Buff, and exploit wall-hop into stealth, or bush transfers.

People would have quite a few extra seconds of reaction time if they bothered to look for the big puff of smoke in the fog of war when you use Q, but they usually don't and they die for it.

Pika Fox

01-31-2013

Quote:
TheDraco4011:
There are many champion in which a revealed Shaco means instant death or easy escape E.G. Diana, Riven, Ryze, Jax

Im waiting on Syndra to pick up. Actually.... no im not... i love Syndra <_<

ViSuoLize

01-31-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
No, you just aren't understanding what I'm saying:

If the only people "abusing" Shaco to get to 2k elo are the ones who are extremely skilled at him-- why is it a nerfable issue?

Nerfing the champion at that point simply makes him less fun for everyone else playing him: but not less annoying for those people playing against an extremely skilled Shaco.

It's a wash, and hence reasonably pointless.

This is what i was trying to explain to someone earlier but apparently i was crazy. Having skill and a champ being OP are 2 different things. Just cause someone dominates with a champion doesn't mean that champion requires a nerf.

Just a few months ago people considered Shaco underpowered cause no one cared to get good at him. People are seeing results and now learning how to play him to his full potential. Just recently a progamer dominated with with Olaf and now they want to nerf him.

This just seems like never ending nerfs.

Super Explosion

01-31-2013

Quote:
Pika Fox:
Because each champion fulfills a niche. If it werent true, all you could play in high Elo would be the small number of "high skillcap" champs. It would end up better for them to be UP and unviable in higher Elo than must pick/bans.

Again, why would you ever pick a champion that is harder to play but worse at a role over a champion that is easier to play and better at the same role?

Gorsz

01-31-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
The humor is, that to a skilled Shaco, this nerf did nothing to hinder the champion's earlygame power.

I'm still going to get Red Buff, and exploit wall-hop into stealth, or bush transfers.

People would have quite a few extra seconds of reaction time if they bothered to look for the big puff of smoke in the fog of war when you used Q, but they usually don't and they die for it.

Are they supposed to see a puff of smoke over the wall in the fog of war? Not everyone plays with such crazy screen resolution to see THAT far out while watching their own lane enemy.

If you do not think this will hinder shaco in anyway, what is the point of complaining about the nerf?

Pika Fox

01-31-2013

Quote:
Super Explosion:
Again, why would you ever pick a champion that is harder to play but worse at a role over a champion that is easier to play and better at the same role?

Who is better than Shaco in early assassinations as well as overall deceit in fights?

Who is better at hit and runs than Nid?

Who is better at kiting with single target bust than Syndra?

There are plenty of high skill cap champs that are the top of their niche.

MarijuanaMonster

01-31-2013

Typical, Morello doesn't know how to play against shaco and balances around the top 1% of players.

Pika Fox

01-31-2013

Quote:
MarijuanaMonster:
Typical, Morello doesn't know how to play against shaco and balances around the top 1% of players.

The game is tourny balanced unless something is glaringly OP in other Elos. The average LoL player is always improving with practice.

Buk Wild

01-31-2013

Quote:
Morello:
His late-game is not that bad - that's a weird misconception. He plays a lot like other clean-ups that can split push in a team role (IE Nidalee). He's an odd pick, and I like that, but he's very valuable early and late.

His mid game is what is bad, not his late game. Mid game, if he isn't snowballing, is tough for him because he can't split push effectively and he will either A: die quickly or B: do no damage in a teamfight.

On the other hand 6 Item Shaco is an absolute terror, but unless he gets fed and can bypass his bad mid game he won't be able to recover. Coincidentally his kit is chock-full of ways to get himself and his teammates fed and a good Shaco can make sure he gets fed in damn near every game.

Not trying to argue about whether his nerfs were justified, they were, just clearing some misconceptions :P

CrazedPorcupine

01-31-2013

Quote:
Morello:
You're over-valuing the stealth here to an extent, because a 500-range instant teleport with that cooldown, alone, is one of the most powerful abilities in League. Add stealth, and well...

And yet Ezreals E hasn't been touched... Double flash is NOT a fun mechanic to have in the game, I see most Shacos take ignite/smite or exhaust/smite. I RARELY see Ezreal take anything over flash. What's the Deal? You need ot follow up on Nerfing EZ's E. His ult wasn't much of a problem, it was his E and Free Q spam. Nerf his Q (Remove on hit effects from it) and Ezreal'd be fine. (then again, maybe make it so that only Certain on hit effects work with it? such as Lichbane?) Or Nerf his Q's AD ratio and Buff his AP ratio. Nerf Ez's AD ratios across the board, and buff his AP ratios.