Free Riot Girl Tristana- Facebook Solution

1234511 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xRemnant

01-31-2013

Those with trouble getting Riot Girl Tristana is because Facebook security is blocking the link.

*Important* Before going to the League of Legends website go to www.facebook.com and do the following:
Facebook> Account Settings> Security> Security Browsing Edit> Uncheck the box and Save Changes.

If you tried to get this skin prior to doing the above:
Facebook> Account Settings> Apps> Remove the League of Legends App (Check the box when removing it)> Unlike https://www.facebook.com/leagueoflegends?fref=ts > Clear your cache or use a different browser.

Go to http://na.leagueoflegends.com/facebook. When it ask you for permission to install the LoL application set it to PUBLIC before accepting. Sometimes it gets stuck after installing the app, wait 4-5 second then hit refresh. If it says you already a fan hit the like button to unlike it and then like it again, repeat a few times. It should say either that you got it or that you already redeem it.

After you get the skin/champion you can change your settings back to how they originally was if that is what you desire.

Why does it not work even after I do all the above?
--If you have never accessed the store inside the League of Legends client then you won't be able to redeem this skin until after you do that. Usually is best that you wait an entire day after your first visit of the store before attempting to get this skin.

You can get Unchained Alistar from http://na.leagueoflegends.com/YouTube
Unchained Alister haven't given me problems. Just make an youtube.com account and link it. Can't get it without one.

EDIT: Tried to make it more user friendly and precise. Let me know if needs further changes!

Jason411

01-31-2013

http://gyazo.com/35161dbd8cc0686ff85db382da00fc4a

The promotion has come to an end apparently.

Edit: The support person that gave me that reply is a lying dbag. The OP's method did work for me.

coheedrocks72

01-31-2013

um could you have just sent a ticket into support and got her. Thats what i did

Jason411

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by coheedrocks72 View Post
um could you have just sent a ticket into support and got her. Thats what i did
I'll refer you to the above screenshot.

If someone does still get her through support let me know. Because I'll be submitting another ticket, and another, and ANOTHER, until I get my Tristana.

One support guy said he added it to my account, I never got it, then when I re-opened the request that's the freaking answer I got.

4Degreez

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason411 View Post
I'll refer you to the above screenshot.

If someone does still get her through support let me know. Because I'll be submitting another ticket, and another, and ANOTHER, until I get my Tristana.

One support guy said he added it to my account, I never got it, then when I re-opened the request that's the freaking answer I got.
I did. I got her and her skin last night through support. They did it in less than 12 hrs, and I was very surprised. In other MMOs I have played, they usually get back to me in a week.

Jason411

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Degreez View Post
I did. I got her and her skin last night through support. They did it in less than 12 hrs, and I was very surprised. In other MMOs I have played, they usually get back to me in a week.
I'll be submitting another ticket tomorrow then. Thank you :]

xRemnant

01-31-2013

Did you guys tried the solution? I did it last night and it worked just fine. Give this a try before calling support.

WhiteHotJoy

02-01-2013

Already had secure browsing disabled. When I go to the page it says I'm not a fan on facebook, but below that it says "liked."

What browser are you using to make it work?

xRemnant

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHotJoy View Post
Already had secure browsing disabled. When I go to the page it says I'm not a fan on facebook, but below that it says "liked."

What browser are you using to make it work?
Glad you asked, I forgot to mention that you have to unlike LoL from facebook, remove the App if you tried to do it before disabling security, and clear your cache. I used Google Chrome for it. Also don't forget to set it to public when you install the App. Hope this helps.

Dbandba

02-01-2013

followed your steps got the skin thanks +1

1234511 ... 22