Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valenten

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I wanted to speak about this for a moment but haven't been able to due to work. The OP seems pretty fair and constructive, so this is a good active place for me to post.

I'm more or less to blame for the skin being put up for a temporary sale. I, and many others in the office, were surprised at just how awesome the skin was turning out during her visual update. From my background on the store, I knew that the skin had always been available for purchase and had never been specifically marked as limited or legacy.

That said to me that we had an opportunity to give players access to something awesome. I felt that the full bundle price was prohibitive (3900 RP) for this skin. So I reached out to Hippalus and a few others and suggested that we look for a way to give players a chance to get the skin on its own. Exactly as his post said- the goal was to make the skin awesome and provide a reasonable way to get it.

I don't have any weight on whether we sell it beyond that initial suggestion, nor am I looking to overturn the decision made. I just thought you guys might want some info on why the decision was made to make it available in the first place.

For what it's worth, I understand both sides of the argument here. The original idea was to be player focused and the current stance is intended to be player focused. In that regard, I'm satisfied either way.
well im just pissed cause im one of the people that is stuck paying 35 bucks for a skin cause i have all champs and dont need the other stuff......

Samus Aran

02-01-2013

Exclusive to 2009 winter, exclusive to a bundle. Both are exclusive in their own right. If one was a "get it now while it's here" skin (the 2009 winter ones) and one was a "get it exclusively in this bundle" (goth annie), they're both exclusive. If you're going to re-release one in a way other than the original way it was sold, so should the other.

I don't even own Goth Annie, but I play Annie a lot, I just don't see how it's fair to the people who originally bought it if you neuter the price-tag on it and release it differently.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-01-2013

Bump

Samus Aran

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
So what about people like me who own every single champ in the bundle (every champ period, for that matter), and literally ONLY need the skin from it. What do we do? Just suck it up and eat the 4K RP cost for one, non-legendary skin? That's a load of trash, and we both know it.

And you are probably like me, and haven't cared for the skin whatsoever, hence why you kept buying all the champions in the bundle and ignored it. The only reason most people here are even giving it the time of day is because it got redone and looks awesome. Lots of people spent way more BEFORE it got redone. You shouldn't get it cheaper than they did just because it got a new look.

BlackMystic

02-01-2013

I think they should do what they did with the legendary vault sale. Just give people who own goth annie already 975 RP and let her be on sale for 10 days

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
2 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominatorV4 View Post
So is it going to stay exclusive to the bundle or not?
Like I said, I don't have any weight there either way. I can't speak to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by namblagambla View Post
thanks for attempting to do something cool for us, at least
It's not so much about cooling people down as it is providing an explanation. I think information is a good thing.

Miserabilia

02-01-2013

Quote:
I wanted to speak about this for a moment but haven't been able to due to work. The OP seems pretty fair and constructive, so this is a good active place for me to post.

I'm more or less to blame for the skin being put up for a temporary sale. I, and many others in the office, were surprised at just how awesome the skin was turning out during her visual update. From my background on the store, I knew that the skin had always been available for purchase and had never been specifically marked as limited or legacy.

That said to me that we had an opportunity to give players access to something awesome. I felt that the full bundle price was prohibitive (3900 RP) for this skin. So I reached out to Hippalus and a few others and suggested that we look for a way to give players a chance to get the skin on its own. Exactly as his post said- the goal was to make the skin awesome and provide a reasonable way to get it.

I don't have any weight on whether we sell it beyond that initial suggestion, nor am I looking to overturn the decision made. I just thought you guys might want some info on why the decision was made to make it available in the first place.

For what it's worth, I understand both sides of the argument here. The original idea was to be player focused and the current stance is intended to be player focused. In that regard, I'm satisfied either way.
It's a dangerous game you play, posting here.

Quote:
It's not so much about cooling people down as it is providing an explanation. I think information is a good thing.
I don't think the guy you quoted with this response means what you thought he meant.

TheEnygma

02-01-2013

I think what you should do is for those who bought the bundle prior to the Goth Annie sale have some kind of visual indicator during the loading screen that "hey I bought this skin pre-VU", like changing the color or font of the "Goth Annie" screen or a ribbon or something. Maybe even a summoner icon because we're going to run into the same problem with Huntress Sivir when she gets her upgrade, or the situation regarding Silver Kayle.

Highborne

02-01-2013

What should happen.

Whenever a champion gets a visual rework, ALL SKINS FOR THAT CHAMPION BECOME AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME.

As they are now "new" and could influence purchases.

If people are upset about that, **** you.

Darkscion069

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmergencyTaco View Post
I could be in favor of this as well, but from most of the polls so far it seems like the people in favor of the sale on annie's skin outnumber the people opposing it.
By alot.