Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MOI3

01-31-2013

bump

solidrock943

01-31-2013

i agree with op

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

01-31-2013
1 of 35 Riot Posts

I wanted to speak about this for a moment but haven't been able to due to work. The OP seems pretty fair and constructive, so this is a good active place for me to post.

I'm more or less to blame for the skin being put up for a temporary sale. I, and many others in the office, were surprised at just how awesome the skin was turning out during her visual update. From my background on the store, I knew that the skin had always been available for purchase and had never been specifically marked as limited or legacy.

That said to me that we had an opportunity to give players access to something awesome. I felt that the full bundle price was prohibitive (3900 RP) for this skin. So I reached out to Hippalus and a few others and suggested that we look for a way to give players a chance to get the skin on its own. Exactly as his post said- the goal was to make the skin awesome and provide a reasonable way to get it.

I don't have any weight on whether we sell it beyond that initial suggestion, nor am I looking to overturn the decision made. I just thought you guys might want some info on why the decision was made to make it available in the first place.

For what it's worth, I understand both sides of the argument here. The original idea was to be player focused and the current stance is intended to be player focused. In that regard, I'm satisfied either way.

DominatorV4

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I wanted to speak about this for a moment but haven't been able to due to work. The OP seems pretty fair and constructive, so this is a good active place for me to post.

I'm more or less to blame for the skin being put up for a temporary sale. I, and many others in the office, were surprised at just how awesome the skin was turning out during her visual update. From my background on the store, I knew that the skin had always been available for purchase and had never been specifically marked as limited or legacy.

That said to me that we had an opportunity to give players access to something awesome. I felt that the full bundle price was prohibitive (3900 RP) for this skin. So I reached out to Hippalus and a few others and suggested that we look for a way to give players a chance to get the skin on its own. Exactly as his post said- the goal was to make the skin awesome and provide a reasonable way to get it.

I don't have any weight on whether we sell it beyond that initial suggestion, nor am I looking to overturn the decision made. I just thought you guys might want some info on why the decision was made to make it available in the first place.

For what it's worth, I understand both sides of the argument here. The original idea was to be player focused and the current stance is intended to be player focused. In that regard, I'm satisfied either way.
So is it going to stay exclusive to the bundle or not?

DreJBringer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

I want goth annie

I dont see the problem of putting it on sale honestly. People are going to get angry that someone else is able to get something they have? What is this, pre school?

SoundCloud

01-31-2013

Quote:

Well, do you guys see the fact that the majority of people actually want the skin on sale rather then the other way around?

Well, either way. This was too much drama for today.

Mïkêy

01-31-2013

Quote:

This arguments getting really out of hand. Most of the players complaining on both sides don't even play Annie and never really used the skin, I own it and I don't give a damn if its sold to everyone or not lol. People need to be less butt hurt over stupid stuff

namblagambla

01-31-2013

Quote:

thanks for attempting to do something cool for us, at least

Valkaire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:

But many polls are turning out that what would be majority focused would be to make it available in the store, at least for a limited amount of time. Why not hold an official poll? If you want it to be both player focused and fair what better way then to let a poll decide. Letting a vocal minority influence things really isn't the way to go with making decisions.

ToadKillerDog7

01-31-2013

Quote:

So what about people like me who own every single champ in the bundle (every champ period, for that matter), and literally ONLY need the skin from it. What do we do? Just suck it up and eat the 4K RP cost for one, non-legendary skin? That's a load of trash, and we both know it.