Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iueras

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSF72 View Post
Why was this downvoted? I'm just curious.
Mainly because the original people you are talking about (the ones that got the bundle) fall into one of 2 camps: They either bought the bundle, got a bunch of champs and runes and **** for a decent price (at the time) and got an Annie skin thrown in basically for free, or they bought the bundle just for the skin, in which case they are morons to pay that much for a recolor and the only people they should be pissed at are themselves.

The ones that fall into the first camp generally don't care if the skin goes up for sale. The ones in the second camp are the ones raising a screaming botch-fit about the skin going into the store and have gotten the entire community (sans themselves, of course) pissed off at them. They are screaming and crying because they KNOW, deep inside, that it was a stupid and overpriced purchase and HAVE to scream and raise hell to defend said purchase in their own minds.

By saying that you understand why they are pissed (remember, it is only group 2 that is upset because of the emotional investment they have defending and indefensible purchase), you are placing yourself somewhat in the camp of idiots, morons, and ******bags who prevented a lot of people from getting something nice. In some cases the people planning on buying the skin purchased non-refundable RP to buy it at 975, only to have it yanked and replaced with something 4 times more expensive.

I hope Riot gets their asses sued over this, because the others are right, it is CLASSIC bait and switch. Except these people that bought RP can't even walk away, cause no refunds on RP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
There you go.



What about players who weren't sure whether or not to buy a bundle at all when they started? Buying a bundle at the start wasn't mandatory. Not everyone wanted to pay that much for the bundle, and they are something you should get if you know you're going to stick around for the long haul, which no one would know that early. LoL isn't a game one can quickly jump into. It has a pretty steep learning curve, especially for anyone who has never played this kind of game before.
By the time a typical player gets the hang of everything, they would have already bought many champions (especially the cheaper ones found in the bundle) and probably forgotten about the bundles or don't see the value in getting them anymore.

Paying roughly $30 for just a skin is ludicrous and hardly believable, unless you were a die-hard collector.
I said of equal value. That is in NO way undermining Black Alistar, I was just making a reference. Imo all 4 bundle skins are on the same level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexie

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
Karma has no limited or exclusive skins, I'm also an avid Karma player, I don't care if more people buy her skins or play her, because they're not special at all.
There you go again. Totally selfish and self-absorbed. You only want Goth Annie to stay in the bundle because you want to be SPECIAL and DIFFERENT. I feel sorry for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
This comes down to a matter of fairness?
How fair is this to people like me who were baited into buying RP based on this announcement, only to have it retracted a few hours later. At least when these people who own the skin bought it, they got their skin, along with other things.

So how fair is that? We were lied to, baited and switched. And now that money for that RP is wasted. Because we aren't getting a damned thing.
That isn't Riot's fault. You can only blame yourself for buying RP for something that wasn't even in the shop yet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
You can be civil and rude at the same time. Like how you were saying you would take a break from their game because they're untrustworthy. Imagine if you said that to your wife or girlfriend. And you may not have called them trash, but you called what they were saying trash. Which would be pretty insulting to a poet or something.

But that is all really off topic.
And if you wife or girlfriend did something like this to you, like broke your trust, why WOULDN'T you say something like that? In fact, most of us probably HAVE in a similar situation.

I wasn't saying anything to be rude or hateful, I'm stated the damn truth. I've lost trust in them over this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
Karma has no limited or exclusive skins, I'm also an avid Karma player, I don't care if more people buy her skins or play her, because they're not special at all.
Your special snowflake syndrome is flaring up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
That isn't Riot's fault. You can only blame yourself for buying RP for something that wasn't even in the shop yet.
Yes, you can blame Riot, it was their official announcement that spurred that decision.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cytus

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelly Yum View Post
There you go again. Totally selfish and self-absorbed. You only want Goth Annie to stay in the bundle because you want to be SPECIAL and DIFFERENT. I feel sorry for you.
You can't be serous. The entire reason you buy something limited is because you think it's going to stay limited. I didn't buy goth annie to go into every game turret diving with Emumu trolling all-chat by spamming FML, I bought it because the bundle was good and the skin was exclusive, get it right. There's nothing wrong with buying something Exclusive and being pissed when it's suddenly pulled out from under you as a regular Joe.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cLo

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Because players who owned all of the champions when they bought the bundle arguably should get more than 975 RP, and players who owned nothing in the bundle when they bought it don't deserve any refund. So giving all bundle owners 975 RP is fair to no one.
So are you saying that if I want Goth Annie I should go and buy that bundle so I can force you guys to do more additional work and refund me the exact RP I deserve?

Do you not see the amount of extra ridiculous work you are putting yourselves through?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
Yes, you can blame Riot, it was their official announcement that spurred that decision.
And your impulsiveness that got you to pay for RP for something that wasn't released yet.