Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
I'm to be blamed for purchasing RP for an ANNOUNCED SKIN I want while I had the money? This wasn't based on a hunch or an assumption, this was based on their official announcement.
Doesn't matter. It was out of reach and you made preparations with absolutely no guarantee with a no refund policy system. You can't blame Riot that YOU pre-emptively spent money on RP.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
I haven't berated anyone here, I've been completely civil this entire time.
You can be civil and rude at the same time. Like how you were saying you would take a break from their game because they're untrustworthy. Imagine if you said that to your wife or girlfriend. And you may not have called them trash, but you called what they were saying trash. Which would be pretty insulting to a poet or something.

But that is all really off topic.

cLo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytus View Post
Did you not realize they promised us it was exclusive 4 years ago or did you miss that? At first everyone was whining because they wanted the skin, now you're using Hippalus' mistake as the perfect clutch to justify Goth Annie being sold. It doesn't matter anymore, 2 promises got broken because Hippalus didn't know the first promise existed.
No, I'm telling you that if they never announced that we were going to be given the opportunity to buy the Goth Annie skin I would have been totally fine. You could go on and enjoy your skin and be the unique strange butterfly that you are. Maybe if I had ever seen you use the skin I'd say "nice skin."

Whether or not you have a reason to complain is really not my problem. I have reason to complain because I was told I had the right to buy a skin at a price and then that suddenly was taken away. This is completely unrelated to ANY holiday skin since those had DEFINED time periods in which you could buy them.

Cytus

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessamo View Post
Where did all these insane Annie hipsters come from? Nobody cares if you liked old Goth Annie, it sucked and was ugly.
I'm not going to freak out and try to shame people when Karma gets a remake. Why would it make me angry that other people were enjoying her? How can a fanbase growing possibly be a bad thing?
Go back under your bridge, sheesh.
Karma has no limited or exclusive skins, I'm also an avid Karma player, I don't care if more people buy her skins or play her, because they're not special at all.

Rivini

02-01-2013

Quote:
When did I say Black Alistar was of lesser value? That's not even the issue, the issue is I bought the bundle and it came with a skin for Annie. You had 4 choices. Annie, Ryze, Kayle, and Alistar. You obviously went for the one you liked the most, so why worry about the others? Now you've dragged it to the point where it's just made more people pissed off, and compensation is going to go above a simple 975 RP.
Quote:
We paid 3900RP for something we thought was exclusive. If you're going to take that away from us, we expect something equally exclusive in exchange for going back on your word.
There you go.

Quote:
You obviously went for the one you liked the most
What about players who weren't sure whether or not to buy a bundle at all when they started? Buying a bundle at the start wasn't mandatory. Not everyone wanted to pay that much for the bundle, and they are something you should get if you know you're going to stick around for the long haul, which no one would know that early. LoL isn't a game one can quickly jump into. It has a pretty steep learning curve, especially for anyone who has never played this kind of game before.
By the time a typical player gets the hang of everything, they would have already bought many champions (especially the cheaper ones found in the bundle) and probably forgotten about the bundles or don't see the value in getting them anymore.

Paying roughly $30 for just a skin is ludicrous and hardly believable, unless you were a die-hard collector.

Azri

02-01-2013

do i get any anything out of all this, bought the bundle when i made my account

Sessamo

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Thanks Ames for jumping in here.

Players who want to buy Goth Annie and already own most/all of the bundle will get their chance when we roll out new bundle tech that will adjust pricing for content they already own. That should happen in a month or two. That will also give us time to figure out if and how to comp players who overpaid for the bundle to get Goth Annie even when they already owned most of the content in the bundle.
Yeah~~~~~~~

ToadKillerDog7

02-01-2013

Quote:
Because players who owned all of the champions when they bought the bundle arguably should get more than 975 RP, and players who owned nothing in the bundle when they bought it don't deserve any refund. So giving all bundle owners 975 RP is fair to no one.
This comes down to a matter of fairness?
How fair is this to people like me who were baited into buying RP based on this announcement, only to have it retracted a few hours later. At least when these people who own the skin bought it, they got their skin, along with other things.

So how fair is that? We were lied to, baited and switched. And now that money for that RP is wasted. Because we aren't getting a damned thing.

Highborne

02-01-2013

Quote:
Because players who owned all of the champions when they bought the bundle arguably should get more than 975 RP, and players who owned nothing in the bundle when they bought it don't deserve any refund. So giving all bundle owners 975 RP is fair to no one.
Sorry wait, when did the price of the champions in the bundle come into this equation?

The price of a SKIN is 975, unless deemed legendary or arbitrary 1350.

At the time of the bundle release, skins were 975 and as an extra for the bundle you got Goth Annie (at the cost of 975 of free RP).

Thus, the price of the skin is 975, no more, no less.

It is still available for 975 assuming I own no champs in the bundle.

Refund the people 975, or more than fair 478, and make it available to everyone else at full 975 price.

If people still ***** as they "paid" 3800 for the skin (which is BS and they know it), remove the skin from their account, undo the refund, and make them pay 975 for it.

You may lose 3 players total, but that is likely better for the community on the whole.

Xenolithium

02-01-2013

Quote:
Exclusive=/=Limited.
McDonalds makes Shamrock Shakes exclusively around a certain Holiday. I make it whenever I want. Should I sue McDonalds because it's not as exclusive as they make it out to be?