Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2571 66.38%
No 1301 33.59%
Voters 3873 .

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zurri

02-01-2013

buy bundle. get ip for every champ you already own? ____??

Mitsuki

02-01-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
I'm not scared to speak up about what I've done or what I believe in. I care less about what the community thinks about me and more about what's right for the community. If that makes me unpopular I'm cool with that, so long as at the end of the day I've made things better in general.

Interestingly enough, I own a physical copy of the game from before I even considered working here. It comes with the bundle contents. I had spoken to others about this, but you may be right- that's not a very large sample size. Something to learn from.
Please take a look at this link. It's a poll made and well organized and it would be nice to get a red post about it.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3065107 (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3065107)

ecstaSTEVE

02-01-2013

goth annie 2013

Masalar

02-01-2013

So, may as well chime in here.

First things first, OP, your post is not unbiased. It is, in fact, very biased. Claiming to be neutral does not, in fact, make you neutral. Just a heads up. IT IS far more level headed than most posts about this though, so you did manage that.

Second, to all the people saying something similar to "All the people who own Goth Annie are acting like spoiled kids who don't want someone else to play with the same toy as them" I wish to point out that you all are effectively whining that someone else is playing with the toy YOU want, and that that's unfair. It's the same argument, and you look dumber for using it.

Now, as far as this argument goes. First off, I own Goth Annie. This skin is so near and dear to my heart that I have spent the past year wondering where the heck I got that skin and if I had bought it in some blurry haze of RP spending. I didn't even know she was from the pack until this whole fiasco began. Frankly, I don't care if people can buy her or not. I don't play Annie much, so other people having the skin doesn't matter to me at all.

HOWEVER, implied exclusivity was part of the pack. By not putting her on sale Riot is not giving the finger to all of you, they are, in fact, merely keeping things as they have always been. This doesn't mean they won't decide to put Goth Annie on sale. This doesn't mean they won't find some other way of making the skin available.Chill for a bit. It's not like Annie doesn't already have a ton of skins. It's not like she doesn't have an awesome new skin coming out in the near future. THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL. For goodness sakes, it's not like she's completely unavailable either. Expensive as hell, sure, but she's still there, available to anyone.

Anyway, the point is both sides are blowing this way out of proportion. The re-worked skin isn't even available yet!. Everyone should just relax a little and give Riot some actual time to decide what the best course of action is. And if anyone out there truly can't go on, can't see how they'll live another day without this skin, as long as Riot makes it happen you can have mine for 975 RP.

Lethminite

02-01-2013

Quote:
Zurri:
Black alistar is, not Annie.

"you will get one of two different exclusive skins."

both.

Aerophobia

02-01-2013

Quote:
ToadKillerDog7:
Let me put this into retail terms, as a store manager at a retail chain.

If a customer brings me an item to checkout and it's marked from a previous sale sticker to be $5, even though the sale has ended and the actual retail price is now currently $10; it is my JOB to ensure that my customer is satisfied, and since he found this item that MY STORE messed up on, he will get his item at $5.

He was lead to believe that he'd be buying this item for $5, and as such, being that is directly or indirectly MY fault that the pricing is incorrect, it is my job to make this right. He did nothing wrong.

Another example. As you may have seen sometimes an online retailer will make a mistake. It happens recently during the Steam Christmas Sale with Sleeping Dogs, and it's happened several times on Amazon.com too.

If something gets listed incorrectly, and people have already seen this and started to purchase it, they will get their item at THAT price. They don't get told "No, sorry." Why? Because to do so would actually be illegal in this case.

And you might say "Yeah, but no one bought this Annie skin, because it never actually went on sale yet." True. But many people DID purchase RP immediately following the original announcement JUST to buy it, and now they're quite simply SOL.

That is not fair, nor right.

Kudos to you my good sir. I applaud you for the intelligent and mature response. Points that you brought up are completely true. I don't even want to point anything out in this debate (which is what i came here to do) in fear of having my post be inferior to yours.

good day sir

RixuS

02-01-2013

Quote:
ToadKillerDog7:
Let me put this into retail terms, as a store manager at a retail chain.

If a customer brings me an item to checkout and it's marked from a previous sale sticker to be $5, even though the sale has ended and the actual retail price is now currently $10; it is my JOB to ensure that my customer is satisfied, and since he found this item that MY STORE messed up on, he will get his item at $5.

He was lead to believe that he'd be buying this item for $5, and as such, being that is directly or indirectly MY fault that the pricing is incorrect, it is my job to make this right. He did nothing wrong.

Another example. As you may have seen sometimes an online retailer will make a mistake. It happens recently during the Steam Christmas Sale with Sleeping Dogs, and it's happened several times on Amazon.com too.

If something gets listed incorrectly, and people have already seen this and started to purchase it, they will get their item at THAT price. They don't get told "No, sorry." Why? Because to do so would actually be illegal in this case.

And you might say "Yeah, but no one bought this Annie skin, because it never actually went on sale yet." True. But many people DID purchase RP immediately following the original announcement JUST to buy it, and now they're quite simply SOL.

That is not fair, nor right.

Try that with a limited edition mercedes or something in demand where a manufacture limit is actually enforced, and not walmart, and maybe your point would be valid.

Finn the Human

02-01-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
Somewhat unrelated, but is that something you think we should be doing? Many companies don't do this, but as one of the people who pushed for self-service refunds the hardest, I clearly don't think we have to do things like other companies.

Exactly.

Sykah

02-01-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
Somewhat unrelated, but is that something you think we should be doing? Many companies don't do this, but as one of the people who pushed for self-service refunds the hardest, I clearly don't think we have to do things like other companies.
It would certainly be a way to draw more people to the game. Or attach them, at least.

Reality Bytez

02-01-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:

So you're saying that you personally paid almost 4k or whatever RP for one skin? None of the champions or anything else contained in that bundle had any relevance?