Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2571 66.38%
No 1301 33.59%
Voters 3873 .

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knote

02-01-2013

Please Riot, just update the bundle or make it more flexible, it would be the perfect solution for everyone.

It stays exclusive to the bundle and people purchasing the bundle are rewarded with the Goth Skin, it's just the bundle is ANCIENT so it's just not worth it. I'm against it being up on sale for 975 flat out, but something needed to happen to that damn bundle anyway, poor thing is limping on it's last few days.

Plus, S3 coming up, gives people a chance to stock up on champs/runes.

Reality Bytez

02-01-2013

The thing that really gets me about all of this drama is very simple. I have played league for years now; and not even once in my entire career seen on my team or an opposing... a goth annie skin. Everyone is complaining about one of the least shown off skins ever. -.-

Lethminite

02-01-2013

Quote:
TheEnygma:
what exclusivity? it's just expensive. Exclusive is something like Silent Night Sona which I'll never ever get and I'm okay with it (sorta) but Goth Annie is just expensive and bundle came with different things, many of which for some players are simply useless now.

This exclusivity
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=18374&highlight=exclusive

Also, i agree, a more flexable bundle would appease both parties.

Axzarious

02-01-2013

I am fine with others getting the skin for 975 so long as I get the 2925 RP 'difference' for buying the bundle.

ToadKillerDog7

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Reality Bytez:
The thing that really gets me about all of this drama is very simple. I have played league for years now; and not even once in my entire career seen on my team or an opposing... a goth annie skin. Everyone is complaining about one of the least shown off skins ever. -.-

Why do you think no one has it?
The champs that come with the bundle are often some of the first champs bought by a new player because they're some of the cheapest. And once you own all of even half of these champs would you REALLY spend 4K on that one, non-legendary skin?

Zurri

02-01-2013

Quote:
Lethminite:
This exclusivity
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=18374&highlight=exclusive

Also, i agree, a more flexable bundle would appease both parties.

Black alistar is, not Annie.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013

Quote:
TheMallen:
Ames why not just discount the bundle for however many champions you own out of it?
You're still respecting that people need to buy it, but it doesn't make sense to pay for copies of champions that you can't use.

Somewhat unrelated, but is that something you think we should be doing? Many companies don't do this, but as one of the people who pushed for self-service refunds the hardest, I clearly don't think we have to do things like other companies.

ToadKillerDog7

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
Axzarious:
I am fine with others getting the skin for 975 so long as I get the 2925 RP 'difference' for buying the bundle.

But you didn't pay that extra RP JUST for this skin. You didn't pay anything even CLOSE to 975RP for the Annie skin. You also got a slew of champions with it.

cLo

02-01-2013

Quote:
ToadKillerDog7:
Let me put this into retail terms, as a store manager at a retail chain.

If a customer brings me an item to checkout and it's marked from a previous sale sticker to be $5, even though the sale has ended and the actual retail price is now currently $10; it is my JOB to ensure that my customer is satisfied, and since he found this item that MY STORE messed up on, he will get his item at $5.

He was lead to believe that he'd be buying this item for $5, and as such, being that is directly or indirectly MY fault that the pricing is incorrect, it is my job to make this right. He did nothing wrong.

Another example. As you may have seen sometimes an online retailer will make a mistake. It happens recently during the Steam Christmas Sale with Sleeping Dogs, and it's happened several times on Amazon.com too.

If something gets listed incorrectly, and people have already seen this and started to purchase it, they will get their item at THAT price. They don't get told "No, sorry." Why? Because to do so would actually be illegal in this case.

And you might say "Yeah, but no one bought this Annie skin, because it never actually went on sale yet." True. But many people DID purchase RP immediately following the original announcement JUST to buy it, and now they're quite simply SOL.

That is not fair, nor right.

I agree with this 100%. At this point in time it doesn't matter which side is right or wrong. Riot, you already pulled the trigger on announcing the skin was going to be on sale. It looks so bad on your part to retract it. You need to go through with the sale and if necessary compensate those who already have the bundle in some way.

ToadKillerDog7

Recruiter

02-01-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
Somewhat unrelated, but is that something you think we should be doing? Many companies don't do this, but as one of the people who pushed for self-service refunds the hardest, I clearly don't think we have to do things like other companies.

This would be a more than reasonable approach.
The ONLY reason I do not already own this skin and this bundle is because I own every single champ in the bundle (Actually every single champ in the game...).