Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkhon

02-01-2013

@RiotAmes - Question, wouldn't it be actually impossible for people to have purchased the bundle exclusively for the skin? I mean, besides having to own all the content and the runes, etc., no matter what they already owned, they still get a $10 RP rebate of sorts.

Also, when did incorrect perception of a product, and half the population of GD start influencing "business" decisions? You guys wanted to do something cool for the community, and the community is split pretty evenly (as far as downvotes went). I wouldn't buy the skin anyway because, well, have you seen Panda Annie? Best recall NA. I just don't like that twice in the last six months we've had the outcry from GD take away something potentially cool from the community (the Shadow Isles skins should be on sale permanently since they weren't actually supposed to be part of the Harrowing).

theplague1369

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post

I don't agree that any of that was substantial errors. We could have labeled most/all of that as 'Working as intended' and moved on and it not been that big of a deal. We responded because we value your opinions.

That said, it's an ongoing learning process. As we do more, we introduce more room for mistakes. The risk of 'getting it perfect' is that we would be doing considerably less. Be patient with us, let us fail a few times and let us know when we do. If we try to find a perfect 'accountable' system, we hit the same snag. So, rather than spend two years understanding what that looks like, let's work together - Riot and Community - and get there iteratively
This... every bit of this, it just reinforces that good feeling i was talking about earlier, admitting your mistakes as a company is a step most big companies wouldn't even dare attempt, some of it is arrogance, and some of it is just not wanting to take responsibility for failure. You should get some form of award from your boss for staying up all night to put out fires like this... or at least one of those chili-cheese dogs you like.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Attachment 604597

Regardless, the value of both packs was the same, they probaly cut the price when they stopped shipping physical copies.
I don't think they have stopped shipping physical copies. I still see them at Target when I go, and I doubt they would have copies left over from way back then.

Probably just different pricetags in different stores. Or maybe sales of them are just that bad. XD

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

How about, they keep Goth Annie, and Give me greeen fire on Frankentibbers? See how the Goth crowd reacts. =)

Aggrbargl

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I never said she purposefully maimed herself. You sound mad. Mad enough to start making up lies. I said she was utterly stupid in her decision of where to put her hot coffee and that ultimately caused her trouble.

You see people defending their skin value as being a dick, and I see people trying to lower the skin value as being a dick. If you want a different particle effect for Annie, frostfire is pretty good.
It has no value. You can't resell it, or get any tangible benefit out of it. It's just a fancy dress for a little girl in a video game, and a lot of drama over other virtual little girls wearing the same outfit.

idyemyhairbrown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Both Goth Annie and Goth Alistar were supposed to be exclusive to anyone who pre-ordered in the closed Beta (because honestly, Riot needed our support more than ever at that time). They said this on the forums and made little poster pictures saying just the same.

Riot sold-out and only made one of the skins exclusive (Alistar) but left the other open to anyone who wanted to buy the bundle - lame. Two and a half years later, they try and say that the Goth Annie skin is completely not-exlusive and sellable in the store on it's own - very lame.

Just because it doesn't say anywhere "legacy" and "exclusive" doesn't mean Riot didn't represent that they were. Taking skins that were meant to be exclusive and promised to be exlusive and making them non-exclusive is a prime example of selling-out.

StonerSundays

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Rook View Post
I don't think they have stopped shipping physical copies. I still see them at Target when I go, and I doubt they would have copies left over from way back then.

Probably just different pricetags in different stores.
Could be aswell, also, forgot to mention, im in Canada, not sure if that would affect it.

Archa Tyrael

02-01-2013

I don't really care that much because I don't Annie. Though, now that I've seen her improved goth skin and her look, I might user her. I also bought the champion pack that had the skin when I started playing so I was feeling pumped that I would be one of few that has that skin. Now everyone gets that skin, which will make me not want to Annie at all.

At any rate, I don't care what happens, either it stays exclusive and I play annie or it becomes widespread and I don't play annie. I've never liked her kit so yeah. That's why I didn't vote.

SplendidSorrow

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
I like special things. I don't really care what people have to say on it. Back when I played WoW, I collected everything I could. My bank was 100% full of junk that I collected that was not obtainable ever again. That's just what I like to do. It means something to me even if it's just some stupid level 1 quest item that has some stupid activate for a quest that was removed. While Goth Annie isn't totally exclusive, it has higher value on it than other skins and the sudden split of her from the bundle causes her value to drop drastically. I don't have to own her to see that and to be against it.
The problem with your statement here is that without any sort of trading...Goth Annie has no actual value. Its value won't drop drastically, because its value after buying it is 0 outside of sentimental value and such.

Cynicatt

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerSundays View Post
Could be aswell, also, forgot to mention, im in Canada, not sure if that would affect it.
Ohh... maybe.