Should Goth Annie be put up separately for a limited time?

Yes 2,570 66.39%
No 1,301 33.61%
Voters: 3871. You may not vote on this poll

Pros and Cons of Riot's "Goth Annie" Decision

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotAmes

QA Analyst

02-01-2013
3 of 35 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserabilia View Post
It's a dangerous game you play, posting here.
I'm not scared to speak up about what I've done or what I believe in. I care less about what the community thinks about me and more about what's right for the community. If that makes me unpopular I'm cool with that, so long as at the end of the day I've made things better in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugÓrFreeMints View Post
Well good intentions without any considerations would create chaos and distrust..
at least you guys should discussed with prev bundle buyer and thinking something to compensate us before make a bold announcement about the sale.
Interestingly enough, I own a physical copy of the game from before I even considered working here. It comes with the bundle contents. I had spoken to others about this, but you may be right- that's not a very large sample size. Something to learn from.

SugÓrFreeMints

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by namblagambla View Post
"Compensate us". Toxic.
or forget about the sale and buy the bundle if you want it jerk..

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I'm not scared to speak up about what I've done or what I believe in. I care less about what the community thinks about me and more about what's right for the community. If that makes me unpopular I'm cool with that, so long as at the end of the day I've made things better in general.
So, if that's the case, do you honestly think it's right that we seriously got baited and switched? This isn't right. We deserve better than this. You can't just promise something and then take it away a few hours later. That's not fair.

ArthePyrko

02-01-2013

Just lets see how this poll will came out after a week, and considering that, maybe riot will see, if there are more or less players, who would like to buy this Goth Annie skin.

RixuS

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post
So, if that's the case, do you honestly think it's right that we seriously got baited and switched? This isn't right. We deserve better than this. You can't just promise something and then take it away a few hours later. That's not fair.
You mean like when they offer exclusive skin, and then take away the exclusivity? Thats fair?

Samus Aran

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToadKillerDog7 View Post

The speed with which it was changed hardly makes it a bait and switch. It was a matter of HOURS. And it wasn't switched with anything.

Now, if it was up for 2 weeks and the day before it was supposed to come on sale, then yeah, there would be an issue.

It was obviously a mistake on their part, they didn't do enough research into it.

ToadKillerDog7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RixuS View Post
You mean like when they offer exclusive skin, and then take away the exclusivity? Thats fair?
Which they've already done several times before as well. The 2011 Snowdown Showdown skins, Riot Nasus, Riot Singed, The old Legacy skins, etc, etc.

Samus Aran

02-01-2013

2011 Snowdown and anything after that are not limited anymore. They said that when they came out. Legacy is not exclusive, it's a skin that comes out whenever they feel like putting it out again.

All this **** is why they're not doing limiteds anymore, it always creates such a ****storm when something like this happens.

Super Explosion

02-01-2013

I'll repost this here, from my post in another thread:

If someone buys a cake and throws half of it in the garbage, does that person value the cake's 'exclusivity'?

Yes, there are other factors and perceptions involved-- but forcing people to overpay for a skin is not really a healthy one.

You are probably better off discounting and refunding the bundle based upon the amount of champions already owned in it.

Queen of Spades

02-01-2013

From all the polls all over these forums, For is always has a 2/3 victory. Why go with the 1/3?