Where do you stand on the standalone sale, and do you think it goes far enough?

I think this skin should be made a Limited skin and removed from purchase entirely 174 8.71%
I think this skin should remain available only as part of the Digital Collectors Pack 374 18.72%
I think this skin should become seperately available temporarily in the store 819 40.99%
I think this skin should permanently become seperately available in the store 298 14.91%
I think something different (Pro exclusivity) 19 0.95%
I think something different (Pro availability) 48 2.40%
I think something different (Ambivalent) 8 0.40%
I don't care 258 12.91%
Voters: 1998. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll} Gothic Annie

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Longsworder

01-31-2013

Argh, the OCD in me hates the mismatched brackets in the title. Also hating the fact I called it Gothic Annie. Derp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Thank god there was an "I don't care" option.
Yeah, I did want to cover every viewpoint, and that's looking like one of the more popular ones, so I'd only really be adding further derpiness to the thread by leaving it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Custard View Post
Why couldn't you just make 3 options.
Because I've seen people arguing for something other than just either the status quo or selling it, and I'm curious to see how popular those viewpoints are. I prefer shades of grey to black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torphias View Post
your poll means nothing the skin is "exclusive" so they cant put it for sale alone if they do something the only thing they can do is remove it completly from the store.
I admit I could be wrong here, but the clearly defined terms Riot uses for skins are Legacy and Limited, Legacy being something that may return in future for sale and Limited being one that should never be placed back on the store. If I'm wrong on this next point, please do direct me to evidence stating otherwise, but, in Riot parlance, Exclusive doesn't really mean anything. The logical assumption might be that it's interchangeable with Limited, but Goth Annie is currently available and is still available for purchase, so that doesn't seem to hold true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchrønicity View Post
man u guys, lol u know this is not the majority of the comunity, i think ppl have better things to do than sit here and argue about a skin
I'm working under the assumption that the forums are a microcosm of typical League players and can thus be used as a good sample group.

VampyAkkiYuki

01-31-2013

eh, why not. bump.

Phantasmnomicron

01-31-2013

I voted "I think something different (Pro availability)"

If they were to reduce the price of the digital collectors pack based on how many of the champions included you already owned, it wouldn't be so much of an issue. That way the skin is available... and people don't have to pay unreasonably (for redundant content) much to access it.

Sathalina

01-31-2013

bump!

godfatherlc

01-31-2013

To be honest, the solution that was suggested here is what I think would be best.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post34106195

inbredpsychosis

01-31-2013

Make it permanently available. You know, like it is now, just without the "has to come in this bundle full of champs you probably already own" catch.

Award refunds to people stupid enough to buy a crappy skin for 3900 RP if they owned more than half of the champs in the bundle upon purchase. Just to play the good guy.

Longsworder

01-31-2013

Going to throw out my first OP bump of the thread here, try and lure in some more votes.

Areotix

01-31-2013

Goth Annie For All!

EnoughOp

01-31-2013

Bump

Nif Nif

01-31-2013

Now make it standalone, Riot.

Our votes speaks.