Advice for Nasus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Parkinsonian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-01-2009

Hello all,

I've recently read Targhan's excellent guide to Nasus, and I was just wondering on a few things. What is the best strategy for laning early on? How much should one use use Spirit Fire, and when during the creep wave?

Also, is stacking health a good strategy runewise?

Targhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkinsonian View Post
Hello all,

I've recently read Targhan's excellent guide to Nasus, and I was just wondering on a few things. What is the best strategy for laning early on? How much should one use use Spirit Fire, and when during the creep wave?

Also, is stacking health a good strategy runewise?
When laning early, you generally just blow Spirit Fire once on each full wave and try to land one killing blow with Siphoning Strike. The rest of the time you are running around trying to last hit minions for gold while staying away from or close to the enemy hero.

Never use more than one spirit fire per wave. I generally cast spirit fire right away. In theory waiting a few seconds to cast a low level spirit fire means you are more likely to score a killing blow with it for extra gold. But in practice it doesn't change that much. You are better off casting the spell sooner so its cooldown is up sooner. Plus it drives off the enemy hero.

I personally stack health in yellow runes because there aren't many other good options. A dedicated tank like Sion would be better off with a mitigation focused stat like dodge or armor, or even just health regeneration. Unfortunately, that doesn't work for Nasus because you need a certain amount of maximum health before mitigation states matter, and Nasus is below that baseline. It's not that health is particularly awesome for tanking. It's that Nasus's health pool needs more support than other stats.

For red and blue runes though, I wouldn't stack health runes. At some point you need to get mana and deal damage. Use rune slots for the things they are best at.

cutyohairfoo

12-01-2009

Well I build nasus for damage, so rune wise I go for cooldown reduction, attack power and armor penetration. Spirit fire once per wave if you can. Early on maybe wait a moment to capitalize on last hits with it but later in the game it does so much damage it won't matter. Focus on pumping up siphon strike at every available opportunity.

cutyohairfoo

12-01-2009

Also I've found that bringing flash and cleanse with Nasus will save you from many, many potential deaths. He has no answer for stuns really so you always want to GTFO asap. Especially if you play him as a damage dealer like I do.

Although with flash getting nerfed tomorrow it may not be as useful as it is now.

Papera

12-02-2009

As a good rule, you should never waste mana on creeps waves, expecially at low levels, and more expecially in a low mana hero like nasus.
Use Siphoning strike to effectively last hit, this in conjunction with Soul heater will keep you at almos full health. Kepp mana for level 6, when you shoul have ulti, slow and inner fire al lvl 1 and siphoning strike at lvl 3. Now it's time to go for some kill, with the help of lane ally or gank.

Runewise, you should go for manaregen

Incognit0

12-04-2009

Boots of swiftness, Chalice of harmony, trinity force, Phantom dancer, Last wisper, then if the game goes long enough sell your boots and harnomy for infities edge then get your boots back and some health al at once... trust me on this... your survivability comes from your speed, and your lv 6 when your agenst tanks. your damage and attack speed are out of this world... i level up my sperit fire so i rake in cash, then blow ppl minds around lv 11, and im always in the Forrest or pushing when there is no threat to me or my towers. for nasus it is important to be a high lv... a low level nasus is far to squishy to be formidable foe. fight with honor!

coronaas

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognit0 View Post
Boots of swiftness, Chalice of harmony, trinity force, Phantom dancer, Last wisper, then if the game goes long enough sell your boots and harnomy for infities edge then get your boots back and some health al at once... trust me on this... your survivability comes from your speed, and your lv 6 when your agenst tanks. your damage and attack speed are out of this world... i level up my sperit fire so i rake in cash, then blow ppl minds around lv 11, and im always in the Forrest or pushing when there is no threat to me or my towers. for nasus it is important to be a high lv... a low level nasus is far to squishy to be formidable foe. fight with honor!
i havent laughed that hard in a long time

would read again

Rudeboymike

12-04-2009

rofl.. pro advice incognit0...

reminds me of the football commentator/old ND coach, Lou Holtz. "If they want to win this game, they really just need to put some points on the board"