Patch 3.01 Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TB Once

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yegg View Post
That patch note is about champion losses and win ratios, which are generally just used for complaining in champ select.

"omg ur win ratio is only 20% with ez wtf i'm dodging"
"why aren't you playing taric? you are 10-2 with him wtf so stupid"
etc etc.

You'll still be able to see what champions people have played with the most but you won't see their win ratios (because honestly, it's not a good indicator of skill with that champ until the sample size is very high).
Do you know if this will limit information received by third party websites, such as lolking.net and elophant.com?

Because the problem isn't in players looking up each others stats through the client, which they're unable to do while in champion select anyways, but through these third party resources.

Exotic3s

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
It's pretty awesome! I can't wait to start playing ranked with the League System in place.
Me too! But I have a question about this, when is this patch going through?

Quackas

01-31-2013

How are queue dodges handled in unranked? Is there still LP loss? Is the time penalty still reduced like it is for ranked? What if we haven't done our placement matches when we queue dodge do we still lose LP?

milllo

01-31-2013

notice they dont say how much the time or LP penalties are for dodging.

Usually this means they dont want the drama because it is a big change. I am guessing 1 minute time penalty and 5 LP loss.

Expect to wait ages to play a game now when non-stop dodging begins. You either play the meta or you dont play at all.

apidaeian

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IG x Éxotic View Post
Me too! But I have a question about this, when is this patch going through?
Tomorrow at 2 am PST they shut down the servers for like 6 hours for the patch

Trunner1248

01-31-2013

why jarvan for the bots??

xHeimtechZX

01-31-2013

Me: There's no buffs for Heimerdinger. Why am I reading this when I already watched the video? *reads anyways and finds Heimerdinger* ....Wait...w-what....what is this....
*smiles* I love you Riot...^.^
"Though these aren't all the Heimerdinger changes we'd eventually like to do" Incoming more changes... For the better I hope ;D

apidaeian

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKillerzz View Post
So what do you think of my chances on getting in GOLD league. Right now my ELO is 1477 and that is currently my highest ELO with 123 Wins and 115 losses. Do you think they would bump me up or i have to be in tier 1 of silver. What league would i be place in?
All in good time dude, you gotta get chillaxed

flaugernuggets

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackas View Post
How are queue dodges handled in unranked? Is there still LP loss? Is the time penalty still reduced like it is for ranked? What if we haven't done our placement matches when we queue dodge do we still lose LP?
I'm not exactly sure. my expectation with the information they have given us will be that regular matches will be the same time penalty yet riot also mentioned that you wont ever be able to go negative LP so most youll get out of losing LP from dodging is being set back in going to the next tier or being set back from the one you are in.

GoodwicK

01-31-2013

the cycle continues! > release shaco skin, > nerf shaco > the cycle continues!