Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ra1dar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

NO NO NO RIOT! don't do that sh*t!
the goth annie skin is, or from now on was, special cause nearly nobody bought the DC pack. now it is just another annie skin. i really hope the patch will be delayed until february 11!

Waffleflies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
So now we have to pay up the butt for one skin even though we own all the champions in the bundle? Just because a bunch of people that probably had close to none of those champions had to buy it that way? hmm seems a little unfair. Its not our fault people can't wait for sales or deals to come up. I think having that skin for as long as they have should be reward enough for them.

Shinako

01-31-2013

So much ****ing butthurt from *******s who want their skin to be special.

Believe me Riot, if you did release Goth Annie, you would be making a lot of money off of it from people who want the skin, but don't want to spend $30 on it - especially lvl 30s who already have most of the champs in the pack.

Downvote me.

Hi Im Blake

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Prodigious View Post
Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't say it enough. I'm not only saying thank you as someone who owns Goth Annie -- I'm also saying thank you as a player. We gave you our feedback, and you listened. Please, never stop listening to what we as a community have to say... it's what's led certain "other" companies down the Road to Rome.
Thank you!
What o_O? Downvotes? By who -- people mad that they wont be able to get an exclusive skin that cost some of us over 3000 RP? You can go ahead and buy it if you really want to, just like the rest of us did!

inb4moredownvotes
Don't worry -- I can handle it.

TaintedDarkSoul

01-31-2013

Seems like there are a lot of players that feel entitled to Gothic Annie staying at a price point. To those people: you are telling me to go and spend $30 on a skin, some runes and $10 back worth of RP just to get her? Sure there are the champions, but I already own them all. Wut do? Oh wait, I know, buy the skin for 975, thanks Riot.

UltimaVC

01-31-2013

wow did the people who bought the digital collectors pack only for goth annie cry this much? wtf

krimsonKasper

01-31-2013

garbage. I'm so sick of these needy kids who cry about things because "they had to pay more".

its saddening that Riot can't sell a skin, because little kids (and I say that, because you're refusing to share, that's what you are, toddlers). cried about it.

I had zero reason to buy the skin before, or after; but the whole ordeal of people crying about it because they don't want to share, is ridiculous. Grow the hell up.

TEKNOC

01-31-2013

Thank you. The only reason I bought that pack all that time ago was mostly for the Annie skin (and for a few champs I did not have yet). If you sold it standalone it would no longer be as rare or as special. I would have felt I wasted my money... Plus the community would then be saying:

Black Alister plz, Blue Kayle plz etc etc....

I am bummed I don't have those, but at the same time that is what makes them special.

Cronovey

01-31-2013

Quote:
Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by this. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
Honestly disappointed by this. While I wasn't planning on purchasing it because I have Reverse Annie and love it, I was still debating it. However, you guys caved in to complaints of people who got the skin with a massive bundle and now want to try and keep it exclusive even though it's been available for purchase in the store since the game came out. However, I own all the champions; I'm not going to spend the RP of two legendary skins to get a single Annie skin that isn't even up to legendary status. You're going to be hard pressed to find a better way to meet our needs as you put it, because putting the skin on sale later presents the same issue, and not putting it up for sale doesn't meet any needs of players who want the skin.

Caving in to the complaints on this when there are many larger groups with more legitimate complaints (such as the dozens of threads on Aether-Wing Kayle or the complaints about the 1350 pricing of Dragon Trainer Lulu) just seems like a poor choice while there are other issues people are concerned with that affect a larger amount of the community that have gotten no response.

GreenYellowBird

01-31-2013

Quote:

I think riot is over reacting in this situation. Goth Annie was never an exclusive skin. It's always been there for people to buy. It just came in a pack which a lot of people were not going to buy because they owned majority of the champions already, and that really is the only reason why people didn't buy the pack more often. Now, if someone went out of their way to purchase Goth Annie in the pack knowing that she was going to get a rework they should feel stupid. Using your own logical skills you should have known riot was going to make that skin a stand alone because as I said before it was never an exclusive skin.

Honestly, why ruin for everyone else. It's not our fault you can't use logic.