Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NauFirefox

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
In marketing and advertising it does not mean "IT WILL ONLY EVER BE AVAILABLE HERE". I point you to "Exclusive" DLC with many games these days that are not actually exclusive DLC's but time released ones that are entirely advertised as Exclusive DLC.

I point you to Exclusive interviews which generally means 'First'...not only place you'll see an interview about X topic.
Also as mentioned previously, it was NOT Riot's advertisement that said Goth Annie skin was exclusive to the DCE, it was a 3rd party that advertised it like that. You can not hold them accountable for what another company said.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rivini

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorz View Post
THe point that they stand by their word when something is sold as "exclusive".
Still putting words in Riot's mouth?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Anymore arguing with butt hurts who don't want the skin to be released just add more fuel to the fire in which the people who want to see the Annie skin released as a Promotion to the new and improved Annie Visual.
Take the tampon out of your ***
(In support of Gothic Annie release)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivini View Post
You need lessons in trolling.

When stores sell merchandise, they word item descriptions however they feel will net them sales, regardless of the vender. Riot didn't visit Shattered Crystal and tell them what to write in the descriptions. Furthermore, why would Riot only have 3rd party outlets provide more details than their own store? Go to the PVP.net store and you'll see a lack of any "exclusive" remarks for it, let alone any description at all.

You could argue that "Collector's" signifies it as exclusive, but then you would need to explain Huntress Sivir. The bundle she's in is called "Gamer's Choice Pack." Where are the supposed "exclusivity" rights?

Also, you know the "only on Xbox" stamps they put on Xbox/360 games? Those don't solidify exclusivity. Some Xbox/360 exclusive games have lost their exclusivity despite the stamp.
Only on xbox games have to legally be reprinted if they lose that claim, second hand copies fall under different rules, but any further prints of that game cannot claim "only on Xbox" if its not. They have been sued over this in the past, and lost.

Shattered crystal was one example, you check any site that had/has the digital CE cards for sale, it states that on all of them, and if memory serves, it was printed on the back of the card as EXCLUSIVE.

Stores may not word item descriptions in any way they feel to net sales, thats called...i dunno...false advertising. Recent example, WARZ. made tons of claims for server capacity, features etc that were not in the game. Instant refund by law and a class action suit against them which will most likely bankrupt the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
In marketing and advertising it does not mean "IT WILL ONLY EVER BE AVAILABLE HERE". I point you to "Exclusive" DLC with many games these days that are not actually exclusive DLC's but time released ones that are entirely advertised as Exclusive DLC.

I point you to Exclusive interviews which generally means 'First'...not only place you'll see an interview about X topic.
Timed exclusive have to be legally declared as part of anti monopoly legislature. Goth Annie was not a timed exclusive. Maybe you should do some research.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkhon

Senior Member

01-31-2013

I'm actually only against them not releasing it because I truly believe the only things in life that should be exclusive are things that are actually earned, and not things that are bought/purchased. Exclusivity is the reason for the divisions in society, such as, exclusive membership at clubs/banks, exclusive memberships to Golf courses, etc. Exclusivity is one of the underlying problems with the world, and this is Riot actively promoting such behavior.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarkhon

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorz View Post
Only on xbox games have to legally be reprinted if they lose that claim, second hand copies fall under different rules, but any further prints of that game cannot claim "only on Xbox" if its not. They have been sued over this in the past, and lost.

Shattered crystal was one example, you check any site that had/has the digital CE cards for sale, it states that on all of them, and if memory serves, it was printed on the back of the card as EXCLUSIVE.

Stores may not word item descriptions in any way they feel to net sales, thats called...i dunno...false advertising. Recent example, WARZ. made tons of claims for server capacity, features etc that were not in the game. Instant refund by law and a class action suit against them which will most likely bankrupt the company.



Timed exclusive have to be legally declared as part of anti monopoly legislature. Goth Annie was not a timed exclusive. Maybe you should do some research.
So, since it's okay to lose exclusivity on XBox games as long as they reprint, why not just change the bundle to say "also receive Goth Annie." Now the word exclusive is gone (even though it was never there to begin with). XBox games were exclusive, then they become no longer exclusive. Goth Annie was exclusive, now it no longer is. See the similarities in pattern?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wamu

Junior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorz View Post
SIgh, i used the analogy as a way to show how rarity = perceived value, but seeing as that destroyed your point, you take it literal.

But continuing on that line, yes, a card shop will sell a rare card at its perceived value (usually 500-1000% of what a regular card is worth). Goth annie is available now for 4x what a regular skin is, and you get a bunch of champs/runes for free to boot!. Your point now? Ah, your point is, you want the skin that others paid a premium for, for a discount. Try getting a rare card for a discount because "you own every other one in the bundle"
I'll try one more time to spell this out as easy as possible for you to understand. I do not want this skin at a discount, Goth Annie is a 975 skin and I want to pay full price for that. The bundle is not The Goth Annie Bundle with free champions and runes. It is a bundle of Champions and Runes with Goth Annie as a bonus skin. I have said at least twice now that my point is not that I want this skin at a discount. My point, and what Riot posted is players should not have to overpay for the Goth Annie skin.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NauFirefox

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmugSanae View Post
I'll try to spell this out as easy as possible for you to understand. I do not want this skin at a discount, Goth Annie is a 975 skin and I want to pay full price for that. The bundle is not The Goth Annie Bundle with free champions and runes. It is a bundle of Champions and Runes with Goth Annie as a bonus skin. I have said at least twice now that my point is not that I want this skin at a discount. My point, and what Riot posted is players should not have to overpay for the Goth Annie skin.
Also, this skin will still be exclusive, just not exclusive solely to the DCE. It will still be rare because it's a temporary sale.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cire Umbra

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorz View Post
I "wasted" my money on the bundle, so why should you get it for less?
This is like saying that people can't buy a skin from Riots weekly sale cause you bought it at standard price.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhon View Post
So, since it's okay to lose exclusivity on XBox games as long as they reprint, why not just change the bundle to say "also receive Goth Annie." Now the word exclusive is gone (even though it was never there to begin with). XBox games were exclusive, then they become no longer exclusive. Goth Annie was exclusive, now it no longer is. See the similarities in pattern?
Yes i do, Problem is, you dont buy the game because its "only on xbox". To have that argument upheld, you would have to own every single xbox game. Goth annie was a major reason to buy the pack. You dont buy a game because its only for xbox, and if you do, why the hell are you crying about 30$ for a skin when you wasted cash on all the shovelware on the xbox?