Goth Annie Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmugSanae View Post
I am obviously talking to a wall here, but at least I tried. It is not the same as Trading Cards, I am actually a big fan of Card Games. You did not buy the bundle hoping for a chance at getting Goth Annie, did you? Card shops both sell card packs and single cards for those who were only looking for that card in particular, for those who bought many packs, and want the card they didn't obtain, but already have enough of the common and uncommon, and maybe some rares, but they want that one rare that is special to them, a card they love the art and lore behind. The card shop thankfully sells that card at it's value that is both agreed by the vendor and the buyer. In fact, comparing it to card games would be an argument in favor of releasing Goth Annie as a stand alone skin.
SIgh, i used the analogy as a way to show how rarity = perceived value, but seeing as that destroyed your point, you take it literal.

But continuing on that line, yes, a card shop will sell a rare card at its perceived value (usually 500-1000% of what a regular card is worth). Goth annie is available now for 4x what a regular skin is, and you get a bunch of champs/runes for free to boot!. Your point now? Ah, your point is, you want the skin that others paid a premium for, for a discount. Try getting a rare card for a discount because "you own every other one in the bundle"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauFirefox View Post
Exactly, Goth Annie is still purchasable, People are making the argument that they would feel cheated, but would they feel cheated if my friend bought the DCE and got all those champions and the skin right now? No. All we want is to get the skin, without wasting money on champions that I already have.
I "wasted" my money on the bundle, so why should you get it for less?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SplendidSorrow

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorz View Post
SIgh, i used the analogy as a way to show how rarity = perceived value, but seeing as that destroyed your point, you take it literal.

But continuing on that line, yes, a card shop will sell a rare card at its perceived value (usually 500-1000% of what a regular card is worth). Goth annie is available now for 4x what a regular skin is, and you get a bunch of champs/runes for free to boot!. Your point now? Ah, your point is, you want the skin that others paid a premium for, for a discount. Try getting a rare card for a discount because "you own every other one in the bundle"
You don't have any clue at how these things work do you?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SplendidSorrow

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilzorz View Post
I "wasted" my money on the bundle, so why should you get it for less?
Because you're an idiot...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SugÓrFreeMints

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Come on stop debating, both sides has their own justified reasons which not 100% right or wrong.. if the one to blame it's Riot in the 1st place for putting this thread.. support my solution for this matter and all will be happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugÓrFreeMints View Post
Here's just a thought (i think it's a win-win solution)

What Riot Must Do! :
- Refund RP to the bundle owner (should have a proper value for exclusive skin i suggest more than 975RP)
- Make Goth Annie a normal skin and available all the time not just exclusive limited time purchase
- Remove Goth Annie skin from the CE bundle. and renew the content of the bundle, it's outdated anyway
- Give more benefits/compensation for the owner of the collector's editon bundle at the next upcoming "Summoner icon rewards for big Riot supporters" I personally prefer a cool exclusive profile banner (like the pulsefire ezreal) and an exclusive summoner icons.. It should be unique and finely made..
- Promise not to put a stupid sale like this ever.. (like re-sale limited/exclusive items)

What Riot gets :
- More RP from those who wants Goth Annie skin
- Content previous CE bundle owner

What Previous CE bundle buyer gets :
- Hopefully more than 975RP refund
- Still have this conflicted Goth Annie skin
- Exclusive Profile Banner and Summoner icon as CE bundle owner as compensation for that conflicted skin.

What those who really wants this skin gets :
- Well you get the skin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gafugarion

Senior Member

01-31-2013

So goth annie is a super legendary skin(in pricing) for those that already have the champs in the bundle! Yay riot!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evilzorz

Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SplendidSorrow View Post
Because you're an idiot...
Im not the one crying foul on a forum because i want something im too poor or cheap to pay full price for like some ****ing special snowflake.


Pay for it like the rest of us did you cheap *******s


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Z The Great1578

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Riot should make it purchasable to prove a point. It's their game, they can do what they want, and these people who are so mad will keep paying and playing, I guarantee.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quexana

Member

01-31-2013

Until all this hubbub, I hadn't realized that the skin came with the Digital Collectors Pack that I had bought. So I didn't know that I owned the skin. Since I don't play Annie I really have no use for it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katasumai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugÓrFreeMints View Post
Dude it's no use debating with them.. most of those who wants this skin badly for 975RP are probably kids with no money to buy the bundle.. they have no understanding what exclusive or limited means.. they only wants it sooooo baddd.. but couldn't.. anyway Riot stated it won't be on sale.. let them cry and just ignore those angry kids.. (angry kids are scarier than angry birds.. lol)
1) No one QQ'd the first time that the Goth Annie skin was up for purchase before her VU went into effect.
2) Make all the assumptions you want, I'm a 23 year old male who graduated 3 years of college with 3 degrees who works and has money.
3) You fail to see the actual issue that Riot stated they were going to put it out for sale for the public and even lead up to it creating a ton of people preparing to make a purchase for the Goth Annie skin, thus by making another statement saying they weren't going to go through with it really just ruined it for a lot of people who had been excited.
This has nothing to do with people who got it before they made this statement and I bet you anything the majority of the people who did buy that starter pack got it for the main fact of 20 champions to play with. The bonus on the side you got extra RP and a Skin, theres no way in any right mind anyone would of bought it for the skin only. The skin was a bonus and has been up for sale before. The difference in comparison of Judgement Kayle and Gothic Annie is that Judgement Kayle wasn't up for purchase nor will it ever be making it a Limited Edition skin to those who played during/through Season 1. Gothic Annie is just a bonus skin plus there were various other Starter Packs that gave you different Skins making not just Annie's skin special to the Starter Pack.

Every time you open your mouth you sound more and more like a teenager yourself. Please bring facts to the debate table instead of stupidity.