AS/On-hit bruiser Thresh.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MostlySilent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Now I'm just spit-balling, but what if Thresh was built with an attack speed on-hit build?

His Q gives him 1 magic damage per auto attack per soul, assuming you can get 150-200 souls a game if you went solo top, that's 150-200 magic damage bonus per hit.

So if you went like Wit's End, Ruunan's, etc. I wonder how he'd do. He already gets above average armor gains, so you could build lots of health items with a rushed Wit's End for some MR and Treads, then build standard AS/Bruiser and profit.

Maybe?

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Look it up on youtube, it's not the best build for him but it still works. AD Thresh > all other Threshes though.

Acanthus

01-30-2013

Get malady instead of runaan's because it synergizes with the free ap he gets from souls also. When I get back home from my trip, I'm totally going to try it with sorc boots (or merc treads if I needs defense/tenacity), malady, wits end, abyssal scepter (or runic bulwark if we need tanky bruiser), randuin's omen (or warmogs if I don't need the armor), and I'll probably top it off with guardian angel. The build lets you ignore a flat 63 mr. (It takes 7 hits with malady, but still, it matters against tanks and not at all against squishies. )

MrSnitches

01-30-2013

Go AD Thresh and pair with Blitz top for the luls, then watch as your terrible team comp wins the game anyways.

Ticking Death

02-06-2013

His AS-scaling is dismal, at best. And it's pretty darn low. You'd do a lot better forgetting AS and going with more damage. The most extreme example is using 5 fully-stacked Bloodthirsters. Those, along with masteries and runes will put him at about 618 AD. Before resistances, he will deal a minimum of 1236 magic damage and 618 physical damage on hit, giving him a total damage of 1854 damage before resistances. A bruiser Thresh could be possible, but he would be very late game and rather squishy if damage were a priority. He is an amazing support, since he has more armor than normal from souls. You can build a little damage into him, in addition to health and he's pretty good and soaking up turret hits.

MelloRed

02-07-2013

His AS-scaling is very good. It just starts at 0. So you never want to start with it.
Where as his AD scaling is ****, but starts very high. So you don't want to end with it.
Also, AD * AS >> AD+AD or AS + AS.

So it's best to start with AD, then transit to AS. Something like dorans blade -> bloodthirster -> wit's end -> zephyr -> blade of the ruined king.