Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[FAQ] New Volunteer pilot program: The Huntsmen!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JD 2020

Community Program Manager

01-30-2013

Greetings summoners!

JD here, and I wanted to introduce to you a new volunteer program being piloted called The Huntsmen. The TL;DR is this: The Huntsmen are passionate players on a mission. That mission is to find and report bugs in the Public Beta Environment (PBE) so that Riot QA can squash more of them before hitting the LIVE environments.

Below is a brief FAQ introducing the program. If you have any additional questions, please ask them below.

Regards,
-JD

How Can I Get Involved?
It’s easy; If you have a PBE account, just help focus your efforts on finding bugs. Check the PBE forums for open issues and issues currently being tracked, and help contribute to the conversation with The Huntsmen. They’re there to help guide those conversations and organize the seeking and destroying of these bugs!

How do I become a Huntsman?
For now, like all other volunteer programs, Huntsmen are recruited based on pretty basic criteria: How active a player is on the PBE server and forums, how helpful they are to the PBE community, how substantial their input is and are they sportsman who follow the summoner’s code. Exceptional players that stand out from the crowd are identified and encouraged into the program.

In the future, the process for applying to volunteer programs will be more open than this.

How do I identify a Huntsman?
Like other volunteers, Huntsmen are identified by a unique icon and username color on the forums. Their color is dark blue, and they’ll have the “Huntsmen” title under their avatar.

I don’t have a PBE account, how do I get one?
Registration for the PBE is opened and closed periodically. The PBE is limited in size, and only so many people can play on it concurrently. We noticed login queues were consistently too high, and have metered registrations to help mitigate. Keep an eye out on the PBE forums for when registrations open.

This doesn’t mean you can’t be active though! Finding bugs on the LIVE environment (especially localization bugs in international territories) would be a huge help, and can be reported on the Bug Report forums.

Ordosan

01-30-2013

Guess that means I should get back on beta and bug hunt again? Havnt reported anything in a while. time to get my stomping boots on

NumbSe7en

01-30-2013

Sounds great, so are the Huntsmen completely dedicated to finding bugs on the PBE?

Cheiron

Huntsman

01-30-2013

Awesome. It's so beautiful!

EDIT: <3 Teemo!

Dracostar

01-30-2013

i will be better hunter than Rengar and Kha'Zix!

Avejoe

01-30-2013

Gotta catch'em all

RexSaur

01-30-2013

Thats a good initiative, hopefully it'll make more ppl that play on PBE actually report the bugs they find.

BTW WHY DIDNT I GET, been on pbe for over an year, im pretty sure im active enough on the forums and in game.

Moobeat

01-30-2013

This is very cool.

Komeiji Koishi

01-30-2013

Quote:
Moobeat:
This is very cool.

Do post this on s@20.

Ravechaosknight

01-30-2013

:O Ok, got to step up. I haven't found anything recently, but I haven't been playing much on the PBE either. Time to revive BetaRave!