How to balance shaco

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glartix

01-30-2013

Hey all, im here to discuss Shaco balancing.
if you do not like to read (or hate grammatical errors) just skip to the bottom.
Shaco is a very interesting champion. there are two ways of looking at him, the less describable one, is an unstoppable early game early game machine, with no real counters or tools to stop him. this needs to be fixed. the problem is then if the game isn't done by say 30 minutes, your only option is to split push and avoid a full 5v5 conflict since his late game and team fighting potential is rather poor. the solutions i have to this are either nerfing his early game and buffing his late game, or just saying **** it and cut all his ad ratios and making him ap. but yes, i agree he needs a buff. but he also needs a nerf. the fact that I can get any buff almost instantaneously and can then just either gank immediately, or steal my opponents jungle, defeats the purpose of the new jungle and to me seems a bit unfair. What he needs is a nerf on early shiv slow, a nerf on his q range/stealth duration, and a significant buff to his ultimate at later ranks (maybe make him like a bursts assassin, most have tools to assassinate a target relatively safely, but then need to worry about getting out alive, ie, talon can jump and ult, akali can buble, rengar can ult, fiz has troll pole, shaco has to either decive in, or decieve out. his clone helps but it dies to fast to aoe. Shaco’s biggest weakness is that he cannot survive any initial burst, or do anything useful in teamfights. To fix this, maybe change his passive to make him take less from aoe damage since thats when he dies the most? . the only problem i forsee is his 1v1 capabilities will go through the roof. so maybe make it like irelas passive, where depending on how many champions are around, his health scales, or tenacity, or aoe resistance. these are my thoughts on one of my favorite champions who based on my understanding is about to be nerfed. i think what shaco needs is to retain his high risk high reward status, whithout being a complete monster early game. (and a floopy noodle late game). another way i think his late game and team fighting can be buffed, is to decrease how long it takes for his box to go invis, this allows him to have a reliable source of cc, and a relaible way to peeling. i would also like to see ap shaco come back, by cutting the cd on boxes at latter levels and increasing duration (50/60/70/80/90 seconds it shoots for 5 seconds of shooting seems fair) with a time to stealth duration of (1.75/1.5/1.25/1/.75/.5

Quick balancing suggestions
-Reduce range on his q, it should not be higher than flash
-Reduce his slow at early levels
-Reduce his stealth duration at early levels
-make some sort of mechanic in his ultimate to reduce aoe depending on how many champions are present, or scale health, or tenacity
-increase the range of his boxes, and reduce how long it takes for the box to stealth at later leves (team fight presence , more reliable cc)
-let ap shaco back, buff ap ratios on box,
-i like his passive, but something seems missing, im open to suggestions.
-one idea which may be a bit extreme, but maybe at his level 16 ult, he can get a nerf/buff where he makes 2 clones, and the damage u would normally do is divided among them. this buffs his team fight presence and late game since the odds are in your favor of not being picked.
thanks for reading, i am always open to feedback,
thanks for reading/skimming.

EDIT: make halucinate a normal skill and jack in the box an ulti, maybe temo style so he cant dominate early jungle.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-30-2013

As long as he can jungle with his boxes he will get weird gank nerfs.
As long as his gank abilities are getting hit he will have trouble in many parts of the lategame
As long as he has trouble lategame he will be the same as always

increasing the power of his box will make his jungling easer...
making his jungling easier = a hit to his ganking skills
hit to ganking skills = bad lategame

Glartix

01-30-2013

its increasing it at later levels. when late game rolls around, he will have reliable cc. but what makes him unique is he has fast initial clear time. maybe decrease their early damage?

MMHSTerror

01-30-2013

His boxes die almost instantly in team fights. It won't be considered reliable with just a duration buff. He is not an unstoppable machine early game, his blink just allows him to be better positioned to initiate a gank and the fleeing target triggers his passive. His burst is one of the weakest of all assassins. He does not have fast clear times in the jungle, he is made to gank, not to jungle. People think he dominates the jungle because he can spend his time rigging traps and stalking while having an easy escape.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glartix View Post
its increasing it at later levels. when late game rolls around, he will have reliable cc. but what makes him unique is he has fast initial clear time. maybe decrease their early damage?
doesnt matter, he takes no damage and gets jungle gold and then goes to do whatever

Elf Elix

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMHSTerror View Post
duration buff
His ap got nerfed hard a LONG time ago, and this was one of them. (boxes lasted 160sec)

There was limitless counter jungling with 9 boxes in a bush. Just waits, you get frightened, then you try to run? OH NO HE BOXED THERE TOO.

Tbh he feels the same, I would like better sustain, his early game hp and what not is quite weak, but this would just make him a little to powerful. Being able to clear camps quickly already...

Glartix

01-30-2013

most of this is in regards to an upcoming nerf on him, he is losing a lot of early game power. i want to see his late game powered. any suggestions?
and in regards to the boxes, the whole point of jungle shaco is the fast initial clear time. after that he is kinda slow

Glartix

01-30-2013

maybe some sort of temo esque mechanic where he can have only like 4 our at a time, but the duration is much higher? (still a cd)

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glartix View Post
maybe some sort of temo esque mechanic where he can have only like 4 our at a time, but the duration is much higher? (still a cd)
make his box an ult?

Glartix

01-30-2013

not quite but an interesting idea. halucinate is such a fun ability. i like it as an ult, but that isnt a bad idea now that i think abuot it. make boxes like temo shrooms, ish, and make his ult how he jungles now? (obviously a dialed back ult)