The only problem with Thresh is his passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Badruk

01-30-2013

The concept of his passive is really good, but i think the bonuses are a bit underwhelming. They also make it really hard to build for him seeing as he gets armor(implies tank/tanky DPS) and AP (implies APC) and he scales with both AP and AD (I do think that the AD ratio on his Q passive is a bit silly, it would make more sense to scale with either AP or just the amount of souls he has) I think that the bonuses fall off too soon and the AP is kind of a weird bonus for a tank (I think it should just give Armor/MR). Maybe instead of getting lowered whenever he gets a soul it should be reduced to half at like 50 souls in exchange for lower base armor (15 maybe). So like:

Souls grant Thresh 1 Armor/MR, upon gaining 50 souls, the bonus per soul is reduced to .5

Additionally, a slight buff to his AP ratios and base damage could make up for the lack of AP on his passive. The change I made would make him get tankier faster (as he is a tank), but the bonus would reach .5 at the same amount of souls. I also think that his Q passive should maybe be made part of his innate (but it's not that big a deal)

TL;DR Basically I think his design is all over the place

Yami arashi

01-30-2013

Just learn how to collect souls, if he gets buffed, he becomes OP, thresh is perfectly balanced the way he is as support

MMHSTerror

01-30-2013

His ratios are fine

GlyphTsen

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badruk View Post
TL;DR Basically I think his design is all over the place
I think it's intentional, to "encourage" building support/tank rather than damage. Consider also that compared to, for example, Janna, or Sona, his mana costs are pretty low and his harass without expending any mana is much higher than pretty much everyone (just not in a way to scale with items).

It might still need further tweaking, but I think it'll be a while longer before I can really get a feel of what, where, and if that would be the case. I'm sure Riot is watching closely.