Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Receiving Low League Points - Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pearl da 4th

01-30-2013

I noticed that since i lost my series into platinum, i won my next game and only received 4 LP. does anyone know why i am receiving such a low amount? maybe i'm a noob and don't understand but an answer would be much appreciated.

Yegg

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Summoner name on PBE?

Pearl da 4th

01-30-2013

123pearl

Pearl da 4th

01-30-2013

thanks for your help by the way Yegg i really appreciate it

Yegg

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Looks like it's probably that you haven't passed the checks that the system has for determining if you're ready to enter Platinum. If you keep playing more games and demonstrate that you can play at the level of the other Platinum players (which is a much lower bar on the PBE) then your LP gains will increase again.

If you click the "More about the League System" link in the client, there's a question that addresses this specifically.

Pearl da 4th

01-30-2013

How do i make my LP gains higher again?

Apollinarius

01-30-2013

Quote:
Yegg:
Looks like it's probably that you haven't passed the checks that the system has for determining if you're ready to enter Platinum. If you keep playing more games and demonstrate that you can play at the level of the other Platinum players (which is a much lower bar on the PBE) then your LP gains will increase again.

If you click the "More about the League System" link in the client, there's a question that addresses this specifically.

That's really annoying behavior. At least with elo, it was transparent why you were where you were and your gains/losses were based on your team matchup. With the league system, your gains are determined by hidden factors. This means that if you have a long win streak, you'll get less and less points because the system doesn't believe you're good enough to get more points.

Yegg

Recruiter

01-30-2013

Quote:
Pearl da 4th:
How do i make my LP gains higher again?

Keep playing and maintaining a decent win percentage. Pretty sure you're very close and it shouldn't take long.

Quote:
Apollinarius:
That's really annoying behavior. At least with elo, it was transparent why you were where you were and your gains/losses were based on your team matchup. With the league system, your gains are determined by hidden factors. This means that if you have a long win streak, you'll get less and less points because the system doesn't believe you're good enough to get more points.

This is much more likely to happen on PBE than on live because of the weird tuning values that we're using. It also only happens in Division 1, and it's necessary because tiers can't be lost once they're achieved in the league system, so the system needs to be absolutely sure that you're ready to move up to a new tier.

Hellioning

01-30-2013

Quote:
Yegg:

This is much more likely to happen on PBE than on live because of the weird tuning values that we're using. It also only happens in Division 1, and it's necessary because tiers can't be lost once they're achieved in the league system, so the system needs to be absolutely sure that you're ready to move up to a new tier.

Why was this decided, btw? Why doesn't everything act like the Challenger League?

And why is Challenger Tier not called the League of Legends?

Wards win games

01-30-2013

Quote:
Hellioning:

And why is Challenger Tier not called the League of Legends?

This... So much this.