What makes Thresh a better support than Fiddle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SureYouCan

01-30-2013

Fiddle has better CC, controls the lane more effectively, better counterganks, and better teamfight utility. Other than the gimmick of Thresh's lantern, a gimmick the LoL community has done just fine without for years, what makes Thresh better?

Technician Tim

01-30-2013

his classic skin looks cooler?

Vuther

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureYouCan View Post
Other than the gimmick of Thresh's lantern, a gimmick the LoL community has done just fine without for years, what makes Thresh better?
My matches involving constant overextending say it stands a decent chance on its own.

Also, shields.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Fiddle is a decent support, but Thresh has advantages to.

I think its a little apples and oranges- Thresh can settup for a gank easier and is better at saving his lanemate, but Fiddle wins in sustain and raw fight contribution.

Cretinok

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SureYouCan View Post
Fiddle has better CC, controls the lane more effectively, better counterganks, and better teamfight utility. Other than the gimmick of Thresh's lantern, a gimmick the LoL community has done just fine without for years, what makes Thresh better?
I think you mean a gimmick that pro's will use rather effectively, and that noobs have no clue what the **** it is.

SureYouCan

01-30-2013

I don't think the pros will use Thresh at all. His cooldowns are too high to have much impact on a teamfight. His damage is too low to have much of an impact on team fights. His ult is lackluster and with it's cooldown it may not be up for a lot of engagements.

GiottoXIII

01-30-2013

this right here ^^ sums thresh up in an instant... he needs a serious kit rework in terms of cd's to be of any major teamfight presence in lane he may be great but once u switch to teamfight mode the box's cd and the fact that it loses damage after the first wall is broken makes it rather useless unless the enemy team is stupid enough to run through all 5 walls or something...-,- and even then the damage is so nominal because as a support ur not building any damage items mostly just tank and active items that benefit the team... his best move death sentence doesnt single out opponents ( like blitz) and imo his E is less useful than nami's Q in terms of turning the tide of a teamfight( if she lands her Q )

Yami arashi

01-30-2013

... then how do i provoke ace when i do the initiation on my team?, the cds are fine for me, lower cds on all the cc he has would be OP, maybe, just maybe on the ult, but for that u can get some cdr.

GiottoXIII

01-30-2013

if u've thoroughly examined exactly how much crowd control pressure a single taric stun can do compared to thresh's 3 mini cc's its not even funny how much a difference it is.... if u literally just don't panic and completely ignore thresh he just becomes a non issue in most teamfights... sitting there waiting for a stupid adc to accidentally click him... not to mention thresh has no aura's such as soraka/sona/taric and leona has better CC in terms of an engage/disengage tank i think most of the presence being felt by thresh right now is panic in dealing with his CC he's fairly new and ppl are still finding creative ways around his CC whereas with the other solid supports ppl are already familiar with how to engage/disengage them...

ImpTaimer

01-30-2013

You're making the wrong comparison.

Thresh plays pretty similar to Taric honestly. The difference being that Taric is pretty handsome and Thresh is pretty hard-to-look-at.

Fid makes a good support, but not the same way Thresh makes a good support.