Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I love Nami, but...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilderwolf

01-30-2013

Her passive is absolutely useless. +30 movement speed for 1.5 seconds after an ally is hit by one of her spells doesn't do anything. Either the length of time needs to be upped, the speed boost itself needs to be upped, or she just needs a new one entirely.

Arcticfury

01-30-2013

I refunded her for this very reason. Other than her unique heal and decent ult there is nothing worth noting about this champ. She is super squishy, slow Q, poor buffs, and low mobility. She was my only refund and I'd do it again if I had it over even after the small improvements she was given.

I'll take Taric or Leona without runes over her with full runes every day of the week.

Technician Tim

01-30-2013

its a passive, it works in some situations just fine, it wont stop a rampaging vayne from catching your 2 hp ally, but it will ensure that nidalee gets away

the 2 gold you get from twisted fates passive sucks, if i wanted an extra 250 gold by end game id hold on to a philo stone,

if they are gonna make changes to nami, it needs to be to her tidecallers blessing, which seems to only be good to proc that passive

Dthehunter

01-30-2013

I agree, her passive isn't that great. Even a .5sec buff would make it more useful.

Thubgar

01-30-2013

it's a solid effect, i just feel like it's on the wrong champion. if she had more AOE buffs it would be fantastic, but right now she has 2 targeted ones =/

GiottoXIII

01-30-2013

well ebb n flow can be potential aoe... if it bounces correctly but yes i agree the passive need a bit of a buff... However having used her as my main support i've also seen cases where her passive has saved lives... so im biased/slightly impartial to changing it

Badruk

01-30-2013

I really like Nami, but I think her passive either needs to be buffed (2 second duration and actually scale with her level) or her E needs to be turned into some kind of persistent AOE (like Anivia's ult, except not a toggle :P) I mean I have saved people with her passive, but really only while we were below level 5

GiottoXIII

01-30-2013

I've seen it make a difference even at lvl 18 but it pretty rare

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-30-2013

Quote:
Wilderwolf:
+30 movement speed for 1.5 seconds after an ally is hit by one of her spells doesn't do anything.

hue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZGHOxnCto

Just gonna say it now, if you cant appreciate that passive as is nami is not the support for you.

RobTron

Recruiter

01-30-2013

its not a good a passive that is true but her kit makes up for it in raw utility

people say her Q is hard to land but i love this about her made her difficult to learn usually i use it when anyone jumps on my adc to get them off then i pop my E on me and auto attack them the slow lets the adc kite them easyer and i ult to counter initiate or as a follow up to our initiation using my W as a poke

shes not a easy to use support that is for sure she is not taric so people who don't main support won't get the practice they need on her if you want a kill lane taric leona ect are much better options shes not bad at it tho she can also sustain/poke very well since her poke will hit then heal the damage they did to you

when she lands a Q you can get a kill with a good adc who follows up fast her Q is kinda like blitz grab in the fact that if you shoot them allot eventually one will land

personally i think she got a bad rep and people refunded her before they mastered her

as a support she can do a little of everything she can sustain poke go for kills and has some of the meanest team fights out of the supports and not weak in lane by any means

also i don't see the omg taric to good craze thats going on hes a monster inlane but i see most supports having better team fights i would personally take any support over him this might be cause i main support and taric has a low learning curve for the players who rarely support