Shyvana's Innate Passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentleman Thief

01-30-2013

Shyvana's one of my favorite champs, but I've always thought that her Fury of the Dragonborn passive is rather weak. While it is true that other champions have similar effects on their abilities, the extra effect is just part of the ability. For example: Both Shyvana's Twin Bite and Taric's Imbue have their cooldowns reduced each time they autoattack something; but in Taric's case, this is just a feature of Imbue that doesn't need to be provided by his innate passive ability. Or there's Katarina's Bouncing Blades: the spell applies a debuff that deals additional damage when she procs it with an attack or ability. Shyvana's Flame Breath applies a similar mark that causes additional damage on autoattacks, but this is again part of FotD. I think that the effects of FotD should just be made into built-in aspects of her abilities and that she should get a new passive. One possibility, just off the top of my head, is something similar to Xerath's passive:

Dragonhide: Shyvana's Armor is increased by X for each point of Attack Damage she has, and her Magic Resist is increased by Y for each point of Ability Power she has.

Thematically, it's a better fit on her than it is on Xerath anyway.

NauFirefox

01-30-2013

Personally I would like to see a passive that gives her a bonus to her abilities when she is in human form with full fury, making her ultimate a very tactical decision of when it is worth it to use.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Don't. Touch. Her. Passive.

There is not a single thing wrong with her passive as it is.

RockJockey

01-30-2013

Bump. I'm always for Shyvana buffs. JustMyBassCannon, it's not a true passive.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJockey View Post
Bump. I'm always for Shyvana buffs. JustMyBassCannon, it's not a true passive.
Making all her spells have powerful on-hit effects is not a 'true' passive?

Her Q and R get CDR per auto attack. Her W gets +133% duration. Her E gets to deal extra damage.

Remove her passive, and what are you going to do as Shyvana? Tell me that. And before you even think of suggesting moving her innate onto each of her skills as passives, the reason that those abilities are separated is because she would be too powerful to put a 'true' passive in place of it.

Do. Not. Touch. Her. Passive. I'm fine with Shyvana buffs, but her passive does not need any changing.

RockJockey

01-30-2013

JustMyBassCannon, I understand your position.

I didnt say take away her passive, you are putting words in my mouth.

IMO, everything that is part of her passive should be moved onto the actual skills and give Shyvana a new passive.

True, Shyvana already is strong as is. But I believe she could use a little buff.

Sincerely,
Rockjockey

XxXFrostQueenXxX

01-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJockey View Post
JustMyBassCannon, I understand your position.

I didnt say take away her passive, you are putting words in my mouth.

IMO, everything that is part of her passive should be moved onto the actual skills and give Shyvana a new passive.

True, Shyvana already is strong as is. But I believe she could use a little buff.

Sincerely,
Rockjockey
why did you say your name if we can already see it i never understood why ppl add that at the end of a post but, i think what you are saying is correct but if they were to do that she would be stronger than what she already cuz she is incredible powerful in s3. lol in s3 shv can have over 3k hp and over 300 ad now having her passive give her armor from her ad wud make her just the dam ;3 and she will have over 100 amor regard less

Gadius

01-31-2013

I like using her but they are right saying her passive is just part of her abilities. Those abilities are balanced around her passive, and are fairly weak with out it. I'd like her to get reworked sometime in the future and I hope they try to make her viable, other than her mid/late game tank early game pray I can steal all the buffs and jungle. Hell make her use mana and give her buffs or something!

KitStylus

01-31-2013

Shyvana has no passive, it's just a tool tip that explains how fury works and how her Ulti works. This is what Rock Jockey is talking about.

Invisibleally

01-31-2013

Shyvana's abilities have no costs and generate fury, which powers up her ultimate which powers up her abilities. All of her abilities synergize and have multiple effects.

No, she's already too strong. Please no.