2350 ELO S2 (2k current) player offering lessons

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Starr

01-30-2013

Hello PJ here, currently I'm seeking a career in competitive LoL. I ended s2 at 2350 ELO which was my top rating as well, as a jungle and support main. I've played with the best of the North American players, and have competed in qualifiers and online tournaments.

Due to my practice regiment, It'd be tough for me to get a job and still make the cut for what I'm doing. There are many players in my position, I'm nothing special. However, most of those players turn to elo boosting because it's easier and pays much much better. It's just that's something I don't intend to do. So I've decided to start offering lessons to people who feel that they could use them at a fair price.

I have had a google doc created that goes in depth about my services and if it's right for you (courtesy of Flaxx) you should check it out.https://docs.google.com/presentation...dit#slide=id.p for additonal information.

I'm doing this because I really enjoy it.

I enjoy helping people, I've taught many friends how to play the game throughout the years I've been playing league. I'm some what active on /r/summonerschool subreddit, giving advice when I can and what not. I've given a few lessons to one or two people from summoner school to see if I'd enjoy it as much as I thought I would, and I did.

My thoughts on what I could teach you

Most people who have offered lessons in the past were extremely apathetic about it and usually just resulted in 1v1 mids with fruitless feedback. I feel as if people were paying ridiculous prices just to play with the high elo players rather than learn something. Either that they wanted to learn something and probably got nothing out of it. To be completely honest anyone can learn anything I could possibly teach you by yourself. However, if you'd prefer hands on training which will be both fun and a learning experience this is for you.

What I plan to offer

I plan on doing a 2-3 hour session which will start of with an introduction. What do you want to learn? What troubles do you have in your role? Do you want to improve in solo queue play or ranked 5s or even both?

After learning what you really want to improve on we'd watch a replay of one of your games together (you'd be asked to have one ready before the session begins). We'd discuss in real time what you could have done better and what you did right.

Once we've finished the replay we could either play one or two games together or I could spectate your game and comment on play. It'd be really nice if you could stream these games so there's no delay, however if you can't that's understandable. This way I can see you in real action, after the advice I gave you is fresh in your mind. To see how you could grasp the information and grow as a player. (It'd be tough if we were actually playing games together to comment all the time what you're doing correctly/incorrectly unless it was bot lane).

After these games, I'd evaluate you as a player. Tell you your strengths and weaknesses verbally as well as write a well drawn out text file with what you could improve on. Personal notes for you to keep and learn from them. Also, if you'd feel if it was necessary we could do a follow up session at a discounted price and go on from those notes.

So is this right for you?

If you're looking to grow as a player and you have some money to spare, then you should take the opportunity. If you can take constructive criticism and are open to learning things that may be against your current ideas and mindsets as well. You need to understand if you take a session or two with me it's not going to make you better in a snap of a finger. You need to take in the information and feedback I give to you and use it to it's fullest extent. You WILL become a better player if you do this, I can guarantee it.

Current pricing and options

Please note that these prices may change at a certain date, and that I've done research on other lesson offers to ensure that I'm offering one of the cheapest services. This is not an hourly charge either, it's for the whole session.

A single session is 40 USD$, this will be 2 hours depending how how long the games we play are and how long we hold the conversations for. It may go over 2 hours, but that's fine.

Joint session, I'm also offering to have a session with you and a team mate or friend. Preferably bot lane duos or Jungle and a solo lane. This will come at 50$ and still be 2-3 hours.

Team session, if you and your team would like a session with me I'd be willing to do this. I can watch replays with your team and give advice to your calls, laning phase and overall map control. A team session would be 60$, and would last probably around 3 hours.

Any reoccurring session will be 5$ off, and if you refer someone to my service it'll be 5$ off their session! So make sure you tell them to tell me you sent them!

Terms and Conditions

-All payments must be through paypal or bank transfer.

-We must use some type of voice communication, preferably skype.

-I will NOT be playing with you in ranked, this isn't elo boosting. I'm helping you earn it yourself.

-If you have any special requests for me, please state it before we start the session.

-I can probably offer only one lesson a day, due to tight schedule.

-It's okay to stream my lessons, but just let me know before hand.

-I would HIGHLY appreciate it if you were to write a review of my services on this thread or something else I provide that way I have credentials when this gets rolling.

-After your session you will be permanently added to my skype dedicated to lessons. You can ask me questions regarding game play or anything else and I will get back at you when I can.

Thanks for your time, if you're interested you can add me in game (Its PJ) or (preferably) add my skype pj.lessons

Testimonials-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeEskimo View Post
PJ's a really cool guy and AFAIK giving league lessons is legal. It would in fact be ban-able for him to log into your account and boost your elo for a price, but I think charging someone for lessons should be allowed. People hire coaches/teachers for a plethora of other hobbies and sports so why should league be any different? If we want to embrace league as both a game and as a sport than allowing / supporting players who dedicate their time to teaching others is a must.

Anyways, back on topic I'm sure anyone who took PJ up on his offer would definitely get their money's worth. He's a fun guy to play with and has great amount of knowledge on how to play league competitively. I believe that his advice would be able to help most people improve if they were looking to do so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Socks View Post
I've actually already purchased lessons from the poster in thoughts of becoming a better ADC. He's very laid back and critical and tells you exactly what you need to hear. I'm already buying follow up lessons to continue this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog000 View Post
I just wanted to drop a note and say that I tried his services this morning I thought it was very informative and I did learn things that I didn't know or should of know by now. I wanted to get more tips and figure out what I am doing wrong or right. Of course, I know that majority of players have their own style of play but it was nice to hear from a different perspective. He seems knowledgeable and has the patience to review your replay with you and to answer any questions that you may have. I will be continuing with his services in the near future to review other roles and to expand my playing experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwny the pwnerer View Post
I had a lesson with PJ a week ago.

It was very easy to set up and I received some helpful tips regarding positioning, champions, and game play in general. I have been playing better since the lesson.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Yo, you are not allowed to put something like that on the forum, take it off before it makes the admins forum ban you.

Starr

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Yo, you are not allowed to put something like that on the forum, take it off before it makes the admins forum ban you.
Offering lessons is illegal? Really? Why? I really appreciate you telling me this.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its PJ View Post
Offering lessons is illegal? Really? Why? I really appreciate you telling me this.
Lessons are not, but I remember "being paid" part is, someone else can confirm this for me though

Starr

01-30-2013

Quote:
Lessons are not, but I remember "being paid" part is, someone else can confirm this for me though
I don't think I'll be banned for one simple post like this, we'll wait on conformation. I don't think there is anything wrong with this, every esport scene doesn't criminalize paid lessons by people who are qualified for them. In fact, they usually praise it. There's nothing against the game TOS about this, however, the forum TOS could be different.

ExecutionerK

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Its PJ View Post
I don't think I'll be banned for one simple post like this, we'll wait on conformation. I don't think there is anything wrong with this, every esport scene doesn't criminalize paid lessons by people who are qualified for them. In fact, they usually praise it. There's nothing against the game TOS about this, however, the forum TOS could be different.
Pretty sure it is fine in term of game ToS, but forum ToS ....idk.

Starr

01-30-2013

Quote:
Pretty sure it is fine in term of game ToS, but forum ToS ....idk.
Yeah, we'll see. If I knew I wouldn't post or even offer lessons if I knew they were against the ToS although I would have a hard time understanding why. It's too bad that I'm getting negative feedback already even though nothing has been proven. I knew throwing myself onto the official league forums was going to be similar to throwing myself in a shark tank either way though, so mreh.

Starr

02-06-2013

Okay after speaking with several people I'm bumping the thread and it also has been revamped. I've had a few satisfied customers and I'll hopefully have them posting reviews here on this thread. It appears that Riot has no official stance on offering lessons. I've spoken with a Rioters and they stated that they don't have any problems with it, given I'm not logging onto your account and boosting your elo. (Which I do not offer and will not).

TB Wolf

02-06-2013

Why so many downvotes on all of OPs posts? Are people really that retarded? This isn't against ToS at all, it's lessons.

Starr

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Wolf View Post
Why so many downvotes on all of OPs posts? Are people really that retarded? This isn't against ToS at all, it's lessons.
While I appreciate your help, perhaps going on a more mild stance could have been more polite. Still, thanks.