Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle malphite 101: BOOM

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoSu Liquid

11-04-2010

Quote:
Amaterasuomikami:
In my personal opinion Malhpite is the whos-who in initiation, its his strongest suit. There is hardly a character in the game that matches Unstoppable Force for an Initiation.

Malph should amost always be initiating

Also, fantastic guide I just wanted to point out that one opinion of my own

Also the point to this i think, is having a jungler. Should you be jungling Malphite with an Olaf, WW or similar on your team? Prob not. If you dont have one though, Malphite can easily step in and fill their shoes

I find that a good galio and amumu ult are actually better for intiating if you're playing malphite, because of the larger ranges of their aoes. However, if I dont have either of these on my team (which I often dont) I would say hes probably a better intiate then these two. And actually, It's my personal opinion (can't stress this enough) that he is a better jungler than almost everyone than ww- And the only reason I consider ww better is because he has easier jungle control.

Toxic72

11-04-2010

For those who don't know, Malphite is actually one of the best junglers in the game. You take almost no damage once you get your HoG, and can easily overpower enemy junglers (especially WW, slowed AS ftw).

GoSu Liquid

11-05-2010

Quote:
Toxic72:
For those who don't know, Malphite is actually one of the best junglers in the game. You take almost no damage once you get your HoG, and can easily overpower enemy junglers (especially WW, slowed AS ftw).

Exactly- Something I belive I posted at the beggining of this thread thanks for supporting my opinion.

Puntyer

11-07-2010

i run
AS red
flat armor yellow
mana regen per lvl blue
flat hp quints

and it works well malphite is awesome in the jungle

GoSu Liquid

11-07-2010

Quote:
Puntyer:
i run
AS red
flat armor yellow
mana regen per lvl blue
flat hp quints

and it works well malphite is awesome in the jungle

Interesting- sounds like it wouldn't be that bad. But AS over arpen? I think you'd get more out of the jungle with arpen runes and you'd do more damage to champs.

Deoxsys

11-08-2010

I like your idea of the hp marks but personally I go with armor quints and armor seals because it makes early golem a breeze with 60 armor (66 if in defense) and then mpen marks. All of malphites damage is magic and I feel mpen would grant you more damage to champs from you're q e and r making ganking a little easier. Of course this is preference and also I think hp is a lack luster stat ifyoure looking for later game effectiveness. Hp quints lose their effectiveness as the game wears on cuz its only 100 hp where a giant belt is 430 and ruby crystal even is 180. I think armor would help you more through the game stacking your E and helping you fight against phys carries early mid and late.

WithoutSkill

11-08-2010

Decent guide but masteries made baby Malphites cry =(

Shinôby

11-08-2010

i run mpen marks, flat hp quints, cdr blues, and mp5/lvl seals (i havent bought the armor ones yet).. there's nothing i hate more then running out of mana on someone with no true way to regen it (b/c you shouldnt be building Mregen on him obv.)

Erblat

11-30-2010

Number 1: no such mastery as tenacity and you spelled it wrong anyway. 2: You cant put more then 1 point into preservation...

why did no body notice this yet...

VoidInsanity

12-01-2010

Terrible guide. Nicely written, but nothing about it is right.

Masteries, Runes, items, skill order and Jungle route is wrong. The only thing you got right is the starting items of cloth armour and 5 Hp pots. Nothing in this "guide" is correct. If you have to fight for the golem at level 1 or someone else takes it, your screwed.

Sure following this guide you will be able to jungle, but you will not be able to kill other junglers or jungle fast enough to be useful. I encounter malphites that attempt to jungle in the style this "guide" entails and they end up feeding due to jungling to slow or being forced out of the jungle straight away by another jungler.