Evelynn's Ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hjørne

01-29-2013

First of All: I really like the changes made to Evelynn at the rework, however recent nerfs to her ultimate, Agony's Embrace, has made it feel VERY weak-in terms of damage-early and midgame, but still strong lategame if used as an initiator. Lets start off with these nerfs.

V1.0.0.150:

Nerf: Ability power ratio reduced to +1% every 100 ability power from +1% every 50 ability power.

Note: This felt justified at the time, because her ultimate combined with the old Deathfire Grasp caused an alarming amount of %-hp damage. However Deathfire Grasp was remade into what it is now and Agony's Embrace was left like this. It wasn't the biggest deal in the world, the damage output was pretty strong still.

V1.0.0.154:

Nerf: Cooldown increased to 150/120/90 seconds from 120/90/60.

Note: Still another nerf, but it wasn't too bad of a nerf. However I felt her ult wasn't that strong early game anyway, because of the slow being only 30% with one point in Agony's Embrace, and it felt risky to use already.

Nerf: Cast range reduced to 650 from 800.

Note: The cast range now is not too bad, but If you are a squishy Ap mid Eve, then I wouldn't want to get very close to someone to use unless they were low health or alone.

Nerf: Damage changed to 15/20/25% of the target's current health from 15/20/25% of their max health.

Note: I felt this nerf to be the most annoying to my playstyle. Instead of saving to use and execute an enemy, or save for the right moment in a team fight, you have to use it as an initiator.

Overall: Agony's Embrace can still cause a large amount of damage, but I don't really like having to be close to the enemy team to use my ultimate effectively near the beginning of a fight. This makes Eve not feel as much like an assassin, but more like an Ap offtank. The very long cooldown earlygame coupled with the shorter range and change to current hp makes this ultimate very weak feeling early and a lot of mid, and less fun, but still effective lategame.

Suggestions:

One: Revert Agony's Embrace to maximum %-hp and lower the base % to 12%/18%/24% (numbers can be adjusted) to accomedate the lategame damage output and give some power to her early game.

Two: Give Agony's Embrace base damage along with the % current health (the base damage applying after the % current health effect). Maybe something like 100/200/300 magic damage + 10%/17.5%/25% of enemies current health. This would allow her ult to still be able to deal at least some damage to lower health enemies and slightly lowering the lategame base % damage.

Three: Make Agony's Embrace rely more on the shield earlygame by increasing the shield amount per champion hit from 150/225/300 to 200/250/300 and the duration the shield lasts from 6 seconds to about 8 or 9 seconds. This would give her a bigger desire to engage on an enemy and/or get closer to them without making the lategame power too strong.

Also: Maybe a nice cooldown duration reduction to the 1st level of Agony's Embrace. Her ult is currently at a 150 second cooldown, which is 10 seconds less than Soraka's, which is global. And teamfights don't happen that often around level 6 so she could use some increased power.

Tl;Dr: Eve's Ult needs a buff to earlygame, because it's not super powerful at this time. The lategame is still great, but not as fun as it used to be. Read suggestions above. (Oh no, reading!)

Post what you guys think, I would love to hear the thoughts of the community! Thanks if you read all of this, and sorry it's soo long :3

Bhauk

01-30-2013

She totally needs buffs. Like you said she can't do enough damage now in mid and early game. This doesn't make sense at all when she isn't even good in lane.

Crosbie

01-30-2013

Any of the 3 suggestions offered would help. I still think Eve's really strong outside of her ult, but Agony's Embrace does feel really frustratingly pointless if your target is anything other than full HP upon use.

Cretinok

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hjrne View Post
[B]
Two: Give Agony's Embrace base damage along with the % current health (the base damage applying after the % current health effect). Maybe something like 100/200/300 magic damage + 10%/17.5%/25% of enemies current health. This would allow her ult to still be able to deal at least some damage to lower health enemies and slightly lowering the lategame base % damage.
Problem with this is that if used to initiate, it will be stronger than it was before.

I would change this to 25% Current Health, but with minimum damage (does not stack).

Ability does the greator amount of 25% or 300 (maybe 400 to compensate). That way it keeps the same max damage (when used to initiate) but still have the ability to kill fleeing enemies.

Mirage Night

01-30-2013

The ult in its current form is a great skill.If we are talking about a tank/mage/brusier.
But we are not. This champion in every other way is designed as an assassin. It needs to be scrapped and redone.

RagingBulk

01-30-2013

I would simply just revert the AP ratio back to what it was.

UNLV Wolf

01-30-2013

Agree that the ult needs buffs again, but you forgot that the for some reason overnerfed Q and E early... this makes it more or less impossible to win lane against near 80% of the matchups.. So its roam and lose tower early or get kill farmed. Either way you are down on xp or farm.

Coleslaw

01-30-2013

I would actually be find with any of her skills getting a buff beside her w. I feel like all of her moves many be weak and it would be nice if she had aleast one good damaging move. I am not saying the skills dont do damage i am just saying a buff to any move would help.

Suzy Turquoise

01-30-2013

Bumping this because I was about to post something of this sort. She needed a nerf, but they overdid it this time (something Riot seems to be doing a lot lately, like with Diana and Rengar).

Personally, I'm inclined more towards leaving it % current and adding base damage - even a small amount of base damage. A similar alternative is to make this base damage scale on AP instead of the % current health damage, keeping it from going out of control (much like it used to on a fed Eve). As it is now, post nerf, mid lane mage Evelynn feels almost the same, but assassin Evelynn in the jungle (where I invariably play her) hurts bad, because % current health with nothing extra makes her ganks much, much weaker than they used to be. Assassin Evelynn was hit the hardest, and assassin is the role she was designed for.

Suzy Turquoise

02-01-2013

le bump for attention