Season 3 Competitive scene predictions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HEavenwaLL

01-29-2013

Season 3 holds a lot of changes and I believe a lot of new competitive teams will be stepping up. The more versatile players will find themselves at an advantage as season 3 will be a time for a new meta game to form.
Mid Players
1. Froggen. This was a tough choice but I believe froggen has a good chance at taking the number one spot this season for mids because he is versatile in champions. He also has strange picks such as corki, kogmaw, lee sin etc. He will bring a lot of uniqueness and will confuse his opponents. I hope to see his ap ezreal played competitively some time.
2. Misaya. He is technically stronger than froggen and has a lot of strong mid champions but his versatility in the bruiser mid meta is low. I have not seen him play bruiser mids on stream besides khazix. Despite this because of his ridiculous game mechanics he will be one of the best mids.
3. Alex Ich. Also very innovative he will have a chance to be very strong this season. His ap master yi has been dominating. Recently I have even seen wukong mid by him and I was extremely impressed that he actually made it work in teamfights, lane trades, roaming, etc.
4. Toyz. He has one of the best apms and his reactions are very good for dodging skill shots. He is also a very precise skill shot aimer and he rarely misses cs or his skillshots. On the flipside he lacks the champion versatility.
5. Rapidstar. His showing in the OGN winter series were phenomenal and he showed us he can play katarina almost as good as scarra. HIs wide champion roster as well as his ability to swap zyra or lux with Madlife gives him a big edge over other mid laners that could be better than him otherwise.
Honorable mentions: Kt rolster B ryu, CLG LiNK, DanDy, Xpeke, Ocelot
Top Laners
1. Maknoon. No doubt.
2. Shy. He has a very strong champion roster and he is really good overall. He knows how to make a comeback from a lost lane, he knows how to snowball, he just knows the top lane inside and out.
3. Stanley. Maybe I should have put him 2nd but I am just a huge singed player so I put shy above him. Stanley is an insane top laner and ripped apart the world championships along with toyz.
4. ReapereD. Although recently he's been a little bit weak he is no means a bad top laner. He can make a huge impact and win the game even if his team has a poor showing.
5. Voyboy. He is by far the best top laner in NA and he has really good decision making skills. He will probably lead Curse to a victory against CLG or TSM in some big NA tournament and give them a good shot at being the number 1 NA team in circuit points.
Honorable Mentions: Caomei, Soaz, Vitamin, Darien, Wickd
Support
1. Madlife is god
2. Mafa is apparently Madlife's apprentice. KT rolster B's bot lane is incredible as of late.
3. Nrated. A very flexible support that can work with different types of strategies.
4. Krepo. He's just a great player that knows where he needs to be.
5. Lustboy. the god of lulu.
Honorable mentions: GosuPepper, Fzzf, Elementz, Xpecial, MiSTakE
ADC
1. Rekkles I think he has a lot in store and with experience will lead Fnatic to a great showing at worlds with help of Soaz, xpeke, nrated and cyanide who are all also superb at their positions.
2. Weixao. He has the best game mechanics and is fantastic at making sure he kills everyone in a teamfight.
3. Locodoco. I think he'll be back with a new team and become one of the best adcs because he used to be a very very good adc in korea and was well known for his great playing ability.
4. CaptainJack. A very strong adc mechanically. He has a wide champion roster and is a great farmer. However he makes some mistakes and bad decisions some times.
5. Doublelift. He literally lifts CLG.
Honorable mentions: PraY, bebe, GodJJ, Score, Woong
Jungle
1. Diamondprox. Lee sin.
2. Cloudtemplar. Quite an unorthodox jungling style even for korea. His stubborn plays make him quite an impressive jungler. They can lead to some bad plays but generally his riskiness leads him to be a playmaker.
3. Helios. He's a very good jungler and clears very well and counter jungles even better.
4. Clearlove. Great ganks.
5. Lilballz. A very technically strong jungler who leads successful invades and makes good plans.
Honorable mentions: Cyanide, Chauster, Watch, ReSEt, Theoddone
Teams.
NA
1.CLG
2.Curse
3.TSM
Korea/Asia
1. Team WE
2. Azubu Frost
3. TPA
4. Najin Sword
5. Azubu Blaze
Europe
1. FnaticRC
2. Gambit gaming
3. Evil Geniuses

Sorry for the extremely long post.
Please give me your opinions and who you think will have success in season 3.

Habatch

Recruiter

01-29-2013

chaox is def a top adc. he carries tsm. froggen is def the best mid. im hoping EG does really well and aphromoo support should be fairly interesting. asia will prob dominate

Broven

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEavenwaLL View Post
Season 3 holds a lot of changes and I believe a lot of new competitive teams will be stepping up. The more versatile players will find themselves at an advantage as season 3 will be a time for a new meta game to form.
Mid Players
1. Froggen. This was a tough choice but I believe froggen has a good chance at taking the number one spot this season for mids because he is versatile in champions. He also has strange picks such as corki, kogmaw, lee sin etc. He will bring a lot of uniqueness and will confuse his opponents. I hope to see his ap ezreal played competitively some time.
2. Misaya. He is technically stronger than froggen and has a lot of strong mid champions but his versatility in the bruiser mid meta is low. I have not seen him play bruiser mids on stream besides khazix. Despite this because of his ridiculous game mechanics he will be one of the best mids.
3. Alex Ich. Also very innovative he will have a chance to be very strong this season. His ap master yi has been dominating. Recently I have even seen wukong mid by him and I was extremely impressed that he actually made it work in teamfights, lane trades, roaming, etc.
4. Toyz. He has one of the best apms and his reactions are very good for dodging skill shots. He is also a very precise skill shot aimer and he rarely misses cs or his skillshots. On the flipside he lacks the champion versatility.
5. Rapidstar. His showing in the OGN winter series were phenomenal and he showed us he can play katarina almost as good as scarra. HIs wide champion roster as well as his ability to swap zyra or lux with Madlife gives him a big edge over other mid laners that could be better than him otherwise.
Honorable mentions: Kt rolster B ryu, CLG LiNK, DanDy, Xpeke, Ocelot
Top Laners
1. Maknoon. No doubt.
2. Shy. He has a very strong champion roster and he is really good overall. He knows how to make a comeback from a lost lane, he knows how to snowball, he just knows the top lane inside and out.
3. Stanley. Maybe I should have put him 2nd but I am just a huge singed player so I put shy above him. Stanley is an insane top laner and ripped apart the world championships along with toyz.
4. ReapereD. Although recently he's been a little bit weak he is no means a bad top laner. He can make a huge impact and win the game even if his team has a poor showing.
5. Voyboy. He is by far the best top laner in NA and he has really good decision making skills. He will probably lead Curse to a victory against CLG or TSM in some big NA tournament and give them a good shot at being the number 1 NA team in circuit points.
Honorable Mentions: Caomei, Soaz, Vitamin, Darien, Wickd
Support
1. Madlife is god
2. Mafa is apparently Madlife's apprentice. KT rolster B's bot lane is incredible as of late.
3. Nrated. A very flexible support that can work with different types of strategies.
4. Krepo. He's just a great player that knows where he needs to be.
5. Lustboy. the god of lulu.
Honorable mentions: GosuPepper, Fzzf, Elementz, Xpecial, MiSTakE
ADC
1. Rekkles I think he has a lot in store and with experience will lead Fnatic to a great showing at worlds with help of Soaz, xpeke, nrated and cyanide who are all also superb at their positions.
2. Weixao. He has the best game mechanics and is fantastic at making sure he kills everyone in a teamfight.
3. Locodoco. I think he'll be back with a new team and become one of the best adcs because he used to be a very very good adc in korea and was well known for his great playing ability.
4. CaptainJack. A very strong adc mechanically. He has a wide champion roster and is a great farmer. However he makes some mistakes and bad decisions some times.
5. Doublelift. He literally lifts CLG.
Honorable mentions: PraY, bebe, GodJJ, Score, Woong
Jungle
1. Diamondprox. Lee sin.
2. Cloudtemplar. Quite an unorthodox jungling style even for korea. His stubborn plays make him quite an impressive jungler. They can lead to some bad plays but generally his riskiness leads him to be a playmaker.
3. Helios. He's a very good jungler and clears very well and counter jungles even better.
4. Clearlove. Great ganks.
5. Lilballz. A very technically strong jungler who leads successful invades and makes good plans.
Honorable mentions: Cyanide, Chauster, Watch, ReSEt, Theoddone
Teams.
NA
1.CLG
2.Curse
3.TSM
Korea/Asia
1. Team WE
2. Azubu Frost
3. TPA
4. Najin Sword
5. Azubu Blaze
Europe
1. FnaticRC
2. Gambit gaming
3. Evil Geniuses

Sorry for the extremely long post.
Please give me your opinions and who you think will have success in season 3.
I really like your predictions overall. Here are some of my thoughts though:

I agree with essentially all of the AP mid predictions. I think xPeke might be a lot more of a factor than people are giving him credit for in the future. His play at IEM katowice is a strong indicator to me that he has big things in store.I think Najin Swords SSong should be included on the honorable mentions as well though.

As for the top laners, Darien definitely has not been getting the credit he deserves lately. Because Diamondprox like to play carry junglers more than support junglers, we don't see Darien get to play the kind of top laner that will single handedly carry a game in the past little while. This is kind of unfortunate, because I think people have forgotten that he is more than capable of putting M5/Gambit on his shoulders and winning the game. His renekton play in Katowice is a good example of this. Also, while Voyboy is a great top laner, it is not at all fair to even compare him, or any other top laner from the NA region to those you have listed as well. They are simply in a whole different league. I would not have out ReaperD as high either.

As for supports, I have to say I completely agree. I think some of the NA supports are actually quite a lot better than we frequently give them credit for, because north american teams have had quite a tough time lately across the board in the competitive scene. overall, really good list though.

As for ADC's, I have a few disagreements. Notably, having Rekkles so high on the list, and the exclusion of Chaox from even the honorable mentions. While judging from your predictions, you probably aren't a big TSM fan, you simply cannot deny that Chaox is one of the best at what he does. He is a fairly consistent player, and has on many occasions completely carried TSM to victory. I would say in most of TSMs wins (rare as they are these days) Chaox was definitely one of the players who actually did really well on an individual level. Back to Rekkles, while he is an extremely talented player, and while he certainly has a very bright future ahead of him, I can't justify having him ahead of all of these other spectacular, and proven AD players. I agree that he should be mentioned, but not as the number one pick.

Your jungler predictions are pretty good as well. Not a lot there to disagree with. However I noticed in general the players you listed higher are more known for playing carry type, as opposed to support type jungle champs. I think Jungling is the kind of role where you need to be able to do a bit of both. I think this is where players like TheOddone and Cyanide excel, but players like Diamondprox seem to struggle. I agree very much so with your opinions on the Korean junglers. I feel like they really understand the balance between supporting the team, and carrying them.

As for the top teams I strongly disagree with your calls for NA,
I feel like you are giving way too much credit to CLG. As long as they have hotshot, I can't see them ever winning again. While curse is good and constantly improving at an alarming rate, I still have not seen them really stomp TSM when it has mattered. Until then, I rank the teams as follows:
1.) TSM
2.) Curse
3.) CLG

As for Korea/Asia, pretty good predicitons. I think you are giving WE a bit too much credit though. While they have had a few impressive wins recently, I'm not sure if they will be able to hold out in the top spot for long. I'm gunna go a bit out there and put Najin higher up too, as i feel like they have a lot of potential. I would predict:
1.) Frost
2.)Najin Sword
3.)WE
4.)TPA
5.)Blaze

When it comes to Europe, I have to disagree with the Fnatic prediction. Sorry, it seems like you are a big fan of theres, but there is not a chance they are going to outplay EG/former CLGEU or Gambit/former M5. I just realistically can't see that happening until they have a stable roster.
Overall, i would predict:
1.) Gamibt
2.) EG
3.) Fnatic

HEavenwaLL

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broven View Post
I really like your predictions overall. Here are some of my thoughts though:

I agree with essentially all of the AP mid predictions. I think xPeke might be a lot more of a factor than people are giving him credit for in the future. His play at IEM katowice is a strong indicator to me that he has big things in store.I think Najin Swords SSong should be included on the honorable mentions as well though.

As for the top laners, Darien definitely has not been getting the credit he deserves lately. Because Diamondprox like to play carry junglers more than support junglers, we don't see Darien get to play the kind of top laner that will single handedly carry a game in the past little while. This is kind of unfortunate, because I think people have forgotten that he is more than capable of putting M5/Gambit on his shoulders and winning the game. His renekton play in Katowice is a good example of this. Also, while Voyboy is a great top laner, it is not at all fair to even compare him, or any other top laner from the NA region to those you have listed as well. They are simply in a whole different league. I would not have out ReaperD as high either.

As for supports, I have to say I completely agree. I think some of the NA supports are actually quite a lot better than we frequently give them credit for, because north american teams have had quite a tough time lately across the board in the competitive scene. overall, really good list though.

As for ADC's, I have a few disagreements. Notably, having Rekkles so high on the list, and the exclusion of Chaox from even the honorable mentions. While judging from your predictions, you probably aren't a big TSM fan, you simply cannot deny that Chaox is one of the best at what he does. He is a fairly consistent player, and has on many occasions completely carried TSM to victory. I would say in most of TSMs wins (rare as they are these days) Chaox was definitely one of the players who actually did really well on an individual level. Back to Rekkles, while he is an extremely talented player, and while he certainly has a very bright future ahead of him, I can't justify having him ahead of all of these other spectacular, and proven AD players. I agree that he should be mentioned, but not as the number one pick.

Your jungler predictions are pretty good as well. Not a lot there to disagree with. However I noticed in general the players you listed higher are more known for playing carry type, as opposed to support type jungle champs. I think Jungling is the kind of role where you need to be able to do a bit of both. I think this is where players like TheOddone and Cyanide excel, but players like Diamondprox seem to struggle. I agree very much so with your opinions on the Korean junglers. I feel like they really understand the balance between supporting the team, and carrying them.

As for the top teams I strongly disagree with your calls for NA,
I feel like you are giving way too much credit to CLG. As long as they have hotshot, I can't see them ever winning again. While curse is good and constantly improving at an alarming rate, I still have not seen them really stomp TSM when it has mattered. Until then, I rank the teams as follows:
1.) TSM
2.) Curse
3.) CLG

As for Korea/Asia, pretty good predicitons. I think you are giving WE a bit too much credit though. While they have had a few impressive wins recently, I'm not sure if they will be able to hold out in the top spot for long. I'm gunna go a bit out there and put Najin higher up too, as i feel like they have a lot of potential. I would predict:
1.) Frost
2.)Najin Sword
3.)WE
4.)TPA
5.)Blaze

When it comes to Europe, I have to disagree with the Fnatic prediction. Sorry, it seems like you are a big fan of theres, but there is not a chance they are going to outplay EG/former CLGEU or Gambit/former M5. I just realistically can't see that happening until they have a stable roster.
Overall, i would predict:
1.) Gamibt
2.) EG
3.) Fnatic
Good points. I do believe Darien is still good, its just that his favorite top lane champion shyvana is so weak. I really love seeing Darien on Shyvana. And yea Caomei Soaz and darien are probably all better then voyboy.
On the point about CLG I may be giving them too much hope. I have some huge hopes for LiNK and aphromoo that probably won't be fulfilled. And yes i agree hotshot needs to work on his game and his champion roster. I like TSM especially Dyrus and Oddone but Chaox and Reginald have not been their old selves. Chaox seems to be coming back but I really think there is something wrong with Reginald. After Azubu cheated against TSM, Reginald has had poor showings. I think he is ironically the weakest link.
And about Europe you are probably right. I may be giving too much credit to cyanide by not putting snoopeh even on the honorables. And a revised ADC list as suggested because I myself think it was kind of ****ty.
1. Weixao
2. Cpt. Jack
3. Doublelift
4. Chaox
5. Rekkles
Honorables: Locodoco(hopefully he'll be back but who knows), PraY, godJJ, bebe, score

HEavenwaLL

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urf Jar Jar View Post
chaox is def a top adc. he carries tsm. froggen is def the best mid. im hoping EG does really well and aphromoo support should be fairly interesting. asia will prob dominate
I think aphromoo will have a locodoco esque effect and join curse as their adc with cop going back to the bench. I do hope aphro will do good because he's such a fun player but I am having huge doubts.