Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wontfight

Recruiter

03-19-2013

Quote:
RunYuThru:

Riot needs actual rules with actual punishments. A ban means nothing if you’re allowed to make another account immediately. I know that blocking an ISP may block multiple accounts, some innocent, but trolls have nothing to lose with the current state of play. You might try offering incentives to those with good track records (like Santa-Nashor icon), but that’s not going to dissuade those who just want to make everyone else miserable. Better think of something though…That’s my two cents anyhow.

and you guys thought my proposal was harsh!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3147082

RegrettableDeed

03-20-2013

As I've said in my thread on the topic, I've seen way too many toxic players hide behind the excuse "It's the PBE." for verbally abusing players. It's a trend that I've seen occur in at least three or four out of the six games I've actually played on the PBE since signing up.

Pethrax

03-20-2013

Thank you very much! This has been a much needed fix to the PBE!

Tons of Testing

03-21-2013

This player is so nice...
http://i.imgur.com/9YDtSjt.jpg

wontfight

Recruiter

03-21-2013

Quote:
RegrettableDeed:
As I've said in my thread on the topic, I've seen way too many toxic players hide behind the excuse "It's the PBE." for verbally abusing players. It's a trend that I've seen occur in at least three or four out of the six games I've actually played on the PBE since signing up.

just a helpful hint. if your gonna bring something up about another thread. give a link

Manrito

03-24-2013

Since I can't report people in game on Howling Abyss. This seems as good of a place to post this screencap from a player who wasn't satisfied with their team, and the teams decision to not agree to surrender.

http://imgur.com/u3VJNiJ (http://imgur.com/u3VJNiJ)

wontfight

Recruiter

03-26-2013

yep that is what sucks on the PBE(aka the troll playground)

Vinh C H E

03-29-2013

Quote:
":
the community here on the PBE is 10 times worse then the regular server. because riot gives them everything. In the worse case they get banded and then they just make a new account play 1 game, back at lvl 30. there needs to be some type of true Sign up where riot looks at the persons Live sever account to see if
1.) Must be at least level 30(makes up for the PBE shooting you up to level 30).)
2.) They have (x) amount of games.
3.) If they get a punishment from the PBE it will effect the live server and vice verse.

I agree with the 1.) cause a lot of player only play PBE for that reason. A free lvl 30 account. Not for testing.
To me, Riot made a wonderful game so i have the duty to help back riot. Help them in PBE, atleast not being toxic and helping the hunter in anyway i can.
I don't know about the 2.) so i will pass.
And the third one?
Why do Riot have to punish them in live version when they volunteer to help. No No
Just banned their PBE account. They can play when it is unbanned. And prevent them to make more account by his/her previous account. One PBE acc for one Live acc.
Yeah you can make 100 live acc but make it to lvl 30 is really a hard work. And if you use that PBE account to troll then you just troll yourself cause you are wasting time lvling up your account just to troll for a couple of day.

Maxtran1

03-31-2013

Ok so lately I been notice people picking the same class as in 2 adc or 2 supp before the match starts and people start yelling at them and telling them to pick a different class. Is this wrong? Isnt PBE for testing champion and finding bugs instead of winning? Then they usually end up leaving during the game cause they're losing or didnt get the lane or champion they wanted.

RE SilenceRainGG

03-31-2013

is that mean now PBE can sign up...im waiting so long to sign up