Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

State of Player Behavior on the PBE - Present and Future

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tikilu2

02-26-2013

I like snowflakes

SaltyMouthfuls

02-26-2013

Quote:
Tikilu2:
I like snowflakes

give this man his snowflakes Lyte.

mechler

02-27-2013

http://imgur.com/a/1vKBh

Added 6 more images. Double jungle game, too. They were even Rengar and Kha'Zix! It was like roleplaying! ... as someone that was not having fun!

wontfight

Recruiter

03-04-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3147082

these are my ideas and the thread i posted about the problem

the community here on the PBE is 10 times worse then the regular server. because riot gives them everything. In the worse case they get banded and then they just make a new account play 1 game, back at lvl 30. there needs to be some type of true Sign up where riot looks at the persons Live sever account to see if
1.) Must be at least level 30(makes up for the PBE shooting you up to level 30).)
2.) They have (x) amount of games.
3.) If they get a punishment from the PBE it will effect the live server and vice verse.

these changes will help make it a better place to actually use the new champs and changes to the old ones. Honestly I have been playing sense the game came out, and i haven see SO many people not care about the fundamentals. I cant even count how many times i have heard"it doesn't matter if your report me". it is ridiculous.

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

03-05-2013

Quote:
wontfight:
the community here on the PBE is 10 times worse then the regular server. because riot gives them everything. In the worse case they get banded and then they just make a new account...

Except making a new account isn't that easy. It has been months since they opened account creation to players.
Quote:
these changes will help make it a better place to actually use the new champs and changes to the old ones. Honestly I have been playing sense the game came out, and i haven see SO many people not care about the fundamentals. I cant even count how many times i have heard"it doesn't matter if your report me". it is ridiculous.
But what Lyte is saying here, is that you SHOULD report them, and they'll eventually have a punishment meted out for them. In some cases, they can even have punishments tested on them that Lyte and his team are working on as future punishment options.

wontfight

Recruiter

03-05-2013

dont get me wrong I LOVE what Lyte posted. it made me so happy when i saw it. i am actually trying to help.

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
Except making a new account isn't that easy. It has been months since they opened account creation to players.

but if they had to grind another liver server account from level 1 to 30 they would be out a lot longer (and that would seem like more of a punishment.

Quote:
WerewolfTrey:
But what Lyte is saying here, is that you SHOULD report them, and they'll eventually have a punishment meted out for them. In some cases, they can even have punishments tested on them that Lyte and his team are working on as future punishment options.

and i agree 100% and that is why i do report them when ever i can. I am trying to give suggestions for those future punishment. If i wanted to go completely overboard i would say band their IP address so they would have a LOT harder time getting back on. but that would be to much.

chewy6982

03-08-2013

Whatever riot is doing on pbe it is not enough. You can theorycraft all you want but i play pbe aram every day and if you play even a few games you will understand this. There is a 75-90% chance of at least one person leaving every game, sometimes even two or more, not to mention the trolls. I report and ignore every leaver but the reported people always come back and play, and my ignore list is too huge now to remember every leaver. Either riot is only putting effort into regulating non custom games or whatever they aren't doing is not enough. After months of having no new registrations, the leaving rate is still the same and pretty ridiculous. You'd think it would get better after all this time and these people would be banned after a while or that the environment would somehow get better. Nope. It happens so often that people in games have become apathetic and numb to it, its not only accepted but expected. Like corruption in politics.

wontfight

Recruiter

03-09-2013

Chewy i think the smart trolls have more than one Account to keep trolling. not to mention that no one else reports because the trolls say in game"it doesnt matter its the PBE" and people believe it.(sad fact)

chewy6982

03-10-2013

I agree with this sentiment wontfight. Ive heard people use this phrase many times to justify their trolling or leaving by saying its just pbe or a custom game. I don't understand this attitude since 9 other people are putting in their time to play a game the way its meant to be played, not to troll and mess around or just quit. The explanation is that these players just really don't care about wasting everyone's time and they know there won't be any reprocussions. Everyone knows this, when someone says to report in a game, everyone else laughs at them says its pbe no one cares. That's partly why there are so many trollers and leavers, they can just do it willy nilly without a care in the world. Why are these players allowed to just keep trolling and playing? i understand there are always going to be people like this but the amount and ratio is way too high. Its staggering and unacceptable. Honestly, the existence of this thread makes me laugh. Its literally a joke to me and other people i've talked to on pbe, because the amount of trolls and leavers on pbe are way worse than normal (which is still a lot in its own right) and pbe is supposed to have a "higher standard".

KamaitachiTrey

Huntsman

03-10-2013

Trust me when I say they're working on more ways to deal with the PBE Toxicity.

Yes, occasionally people believe the trolls, but if they ask once in the Public Chat 1, or post one forum post about it, they'll immediately get bombarded with responses that reporting actually does something.

But, they are definitely working on ways to help with PBE Toxicity.