How do people feel about ranged ADC?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahskance

01-29-2013

It's been said, but I'll repeat it yet again for repetitive point making.

ADCs are very viable on this map. I'd suggest movement speed quints, and an ADC that has some mechanic that allows them to kite/escape.

Personally, I love CC with any team comp ever. I'm not saying you don't need CC, but I don't believe you have to play a "Protect the carry" in 3s as much as you would in 5s. It's viable, but everyone builds to be effective in 3s, rather than pigeon-holing into a subset role. Some do and get away with it, but I really see people trying to be versatile.

That being said, the best protection you can have is for your team to have Presence. If you don't have presence, they will come into your jungle and gank you mercilessly. They will hunt you, and they will find you, and you will be denied farm. CC and "peel" are nice, but if your team has no implied threat, they will cut you off as a weak link.

Demacry

01-29-2013

I personally have a ton of fun playing ad caster caitlyn in 3s (early brutalizer, and late game zepher means you can just spam the peacemaker over and over). I think a lot of people discount her abilities' early damage potential but in my experience free zoning with her traps in the narrow lanes and a hard hitting q means she can push like a baus against even some of the standard bruisers like darius and wukong.

Ill typically play ez as more of a support/disrupt role with an early to midgame iceborn gauntlet; again the narrow lanes make it so you can run a slightly squishier/higher burst team with a bit of safety.

And Ive seen some amazing vayne, balls deep early game play. The wall stuns+her burst all game long make her so scary. Actually just convincingly won a game with a Teemo/Vayne/Cho team vs Fizz/Lee/Warwick; after level 3 we pretty much crushed every teamfight.

Unfortunately (maybe Ive just had terrible luck with team comps and bad games) Ashe just feels completely useless on TT. Her minor kiting abilities dont seem to mean anything when the meta is filled with high damage/sustain champs with gap closers. Ive just never been able to get to a point where I can effectively dps in a teamfight (normally running for my life) or get the right items I need to do well in the midgame (Ive tried a lot of things like early statik shiv's and hurricanes to try and get my lane pushing and farming up; nothing seems to really balance out well as the game goes on.) The most effect Ive ever had with her was when I got an early hurricane followed by BotRK vs a Darius/Garen/Nidalee team. This seems way to situational (and luck based) though.

Rasmorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caecus Scius View Post
The rule for ANY squishy played on TT, is to have really good escapes-not trist or cait level, more like Kass/Ez style.

If you aren't a tough character, you better be mobile as hell. I do not suggest playing an ADC most of the time. If you aren't able to stealth/flash/blink/etc you won't survive the ganks since the lane length is so long between turrets.
In ranked I've seen some people pick MF and Cait and Vayne. I usually play Shaco or Kha'Zix and WRECK them all game because they die in two hits and can't escape from me.

Eloquid

01-29-2013

Adc's suck in TT because map is terribly unbalanced. It's bruisers and tanks heaven.

Yiff friendly

01-30-2013

So long as the enemy team doesn't have a good gapcloser/ADC diver. IE Olaf Vi Singed you should be okay to pick up an ADC. But as it has been said, high mobility only. I have seen one in particular that has given us a lot of trouble. Ezreal with frostborn gauntlet. He was able to Kite and kill two of us before we realised that we weren't going to catch him. But our comp was not one that was made to break through lines and kill an adc. (Blind pick.)

Reverie Reality

01-30-2013

AD carry works very well if your team supports you. I play Ashe a lot on TT, and if my team puts even a little effort into protecting me, they get good dps and infinite slows.

Unfortunately most the time they go chasing after someone while the other two kill me, and then I get called a noob for not picking bruiser.

Caecus Scius

01-30-2013

I don't play ADC's and I don't like it when someone on my team does it. Its not that it can't work, because we all know that with uber skill anything works.

You just probably aren't that good (or as good as you think you are) and you are gonna ruin the game for your team half the time. You can get away with it based on team comp and whatever.

In ranked, if you and your team have a comp that works with an ADC- go for it, it probably works for you because you practiced it.

If you are playing blind pick normals: please don't. Now you are also forcing me to play a champ to support/protect you and not what I am best with, you basically have to build around YOU- which isn't good ethical behavior.

http://i.imgflip.com/i3bz.jpg

thegoochmiester

01-30-2013

Probably my favorite champ I'm league is Caitlyn. And she is probably the chasm I am best with. I have not played her in threes often. The couple times I did it was actually very successful. Against a team with a darius. Caitlyn can shut him down early. Same as a singed. If you place her traps smartly they can save your life or even net you kills. She has two escape mechanisms. Her net and her trap. Combined correctly you can get away and do some damage to someone as well.

Cronachan

01-30-2013

I think most adc's can work just fine on TT, even without someone supporting you.

People like Varus and Cait can harass extremely well while farming and bully pretty much anyone out of lane. When 2 enemies are constantly going b, ganks arent something you really have to fear.

Champs like Ez and trist are obvious. Escapes too gud.

But Miss Fortune really is the cream of the crop. Rush a cleaver, some AS, gg. The small nature of the map makes her ult a monster and adding someone like mumu to your comp gives you a free ace everytime both ults are up.

And as much as I love Ashe, she really feels sub-par. Chances are at least on person on your team is rushing phage/mallet which is already enough on a map where perma slows just arent as good as hard slows like tryns or singeds. Outside of her ult she just doesnt have much going for her here

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caecus Scius View Post

If you are playing blind pick normals: please don't. Now you are also forcing me to play a champ to support/protect you and not what I am best with, you basically have to build around YOU- which isn't good ethical behavior.
But what if ADC's are what they are best with?