Holy Malhazar!

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xilir

Junior Member

01-30-2013

malz too op his his pokes hit so hard. he is one of those champs that need to be shut down early game or its gg but i love playing him


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TidesOfLogan

Recruiter

01-30-2013

With the new upgrade QSS has become a popular buy for main targets, such as carries who need to avoida malz ult .


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Negrojefe

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormEagle5000 View Post
He is still super powerful. And the QSS is a myth pple rarely buy it. It's a waste of gold

People rarely use it because people rarely uses Malza.

And QSS WAS the only Malzahar bane, now there are more items that do so.

QSS can be upgraded into an item that saves you from his ulti PLUS gives you a nice amount of ad.
There is an item that gives you ap, mana regen and lets you take of an ally from any cc (including Malza's ulti) and heals that ally a little bit (its a farely cheap upgrade from chalice).

Malza's kit is obsolete with curren S3 design.

With those items, the whole stupid amount gap closers that make champs without them UP and with all the cc and burst going around in S3, malza has no place.

I say this with Malza probably being the champ i like most.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Homosexuality

Senior Member

01-30-2013

I bought malz when he was on sale, and loved him. Later on, I got vizier malz and loved it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrevax

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormEagle5000 View Post
He is still super powerful. And the QSS is a myth pple rarely buy it. It's a waste of gold
He's always been powerful in the sense that he does tons of damage. Quicksilver Sash is not a myth. It is a real item, and it is not a rare buy, especially now that it can be upgraded to Mercurial Scimitar. Having a free Cleanse and some MR is not a waste of gold.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arrevax

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz SammyD X View Post
I've had Mal for a very very long time now, at one point he was the only mid champ I used, some people say QSS counters him, it does not counter, you think it does but no.... Mal will just keep poking you with E and deny you farm, you also have to understand his Q can silence you, he will silence then use his ult which will deal lots of damage, you QSS he will just E you and walk away, you have just lost the trade, btw Mal ult doesn't have a long CD, did I forget to mention there's a jungler? Yeah QSS won't help much, it will help, but not much......

Some people say he pushes lane to much with E, np minions will be pushed to your turret and turret will deny your kills not to mention Mal can still poke at your turret, you say he will get ganked for overextending? Np by the time you decide to gank Mal would've already gone to another lane and killed someone.

Obviously there's many different things that can be done apart from what I've said but yeah....

Mal is one of the best AP in the game, probably the only one that can kill a tank with his full combo, but no one knows how to use him and when I see a Mal I just start laughing cause I know they will suck and they usually do.
As a fellow long-time Malzahar player, I fail to see much logic in your argument.
Quicksilver Sash does counter him. Imagine Malzahar unloading his full burst on one enemy, only to have them break his ultimate's leash, remove his E completely, remove the silence from his Q, and walk out of his W. It can be used to negate every part of Malzahar's kit but his Voidlings. That qualifies as a counter, in my book.
Malzahar can poke with his E, but a better use of it is to hit minion waves with it, to regenerate mana (and possibly attach it to the enemy champion). Yes, it does high damage, but he needs it for sustain, and it can be negated with QSS or a health potion.
Malzahar typically uses his W and E before ulting, not his Q. His Q does burst damage, while his other abilities do damage over time. Using W and E with his ultimate is the combo that melts nearly anyone, but I won't deny that throwing Q in there would help.
His ult may have a low cooldown, but QSS doesn't take too long to recharge, either, and Malzahar has to suppress himself to suppress his enemy. This makes him vulnerable to any other nearby enemies, and the enemy champion being suppressed can still Cleanse, QSS, or Remove Scurvy to get away. This rule applies whether Malz is being assisted by a friendly champion (ex: the jungler) or not.
Pushing the lane while your opponent is there is a rare strategy for a reason- it's basically begging the enemy jungler to come and eat you alive. This applies doubly for Malz, because he has no built-in escapes. It also means that you're shoving experience down your lane opponent's throat because you're sending minions straight to his turret.
Saying Malzahar is one of the best AP characters in the game is your opinion, and I doubt it's a popular one, considering how few real Malzahar players there are, lately. Of course you're seeing bad Malzahars right now- he's free this week. Yes, he can kill a tank if he gets off his full burst, the tank doesn't have a heal, shield, true tank build, friendly support with a heal, QSS, Cleanse, Remove Scurvy, a movement ability that gets him out of Malzahar's range (or his W), or a teammate around to kill/interrupt Malzahar and ruin his combo.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

deadlychuck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-30-2013

I personally love malzahar i use to main him AP mid, but if you guys haven't ever tried this and are very skillful, then you must try AD malz!!! no trolling it's actually really good when you play it correctly and don't try to force him to play like a traditional ADC. Remember he is a Pokemon Master and you're voidlings are your best friends, with the nexus you must defend!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsabo

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormEagle5000 View Post
He is still super powerful. And the QSS is a myth pple rarely buy it. It's a waste of gold
Not anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oz SammyD X

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrevax View Post
As a fellow long-time Malzahar player, I fail to see much logic in your argument.
Quicksilver Sash does counter him. Imagine Malzahar unloading his full burst on one enemy, only to have them break his ultimate's leash, remove his E completely, remove the silence from his Q, and walk out of his W. It can be used to negate every part of Malzahar's kit but his Voidlings. That qualifies as a counter, in my book.
Malzahar can poke with his E, but a better use of it is to hit minion waves with it, to regenerate mana (and possibly attach it to the enemy champion). Yes, it does high damage, but he needs it for sustain, and it can be negated with QSS or a health potion.
Malzahar typically uses his W and E before ulting, not his Q. His Q does burst damage, while his other abilities do damage over time. Using W and E with his ultimate is the combo that melts nearly anyone, but I won't deny that throwing Q in there would help.
His ult may have a low cooldown, but QSS doesn't take too long to recharge, either, and Malzahar has to suppress himself to suppress his enemy. This makes him vulnerable to any other nearby enemies, and the enemy champion being suppressed can still Cleanse, QSS, or Remove Scurvy to get away. This rule applies whether Malz is being assisted by a friendly champion (ex: the jungler) or not.
Pushing the lane while your opponent is there is a rare strategy for a reason- it's basically begging the enemy jungler to come and eat you alive. This applies doubly for Malz, because he has no built-in escapes. It also means that you're shoving experience down your lane opponent's throat because you're sending minions straight to his turret.
Saying Malzahar is one of the best AP characters in the game is your opinion, and I doubt it's a popular one, considering how few real Malzahar players there are, lately. Of course you're seeing bad Malzahars right now- he's free this week. Yes, he can kill a tank if he gets off his full burst, the tank doesn't have a heal, shield, true tank build, friendly support with a heal, QSS, Cleanse, Remove Scurvy, a movement ability that gets him out of Malzahar's range (or his W), or a teammate around to kill/interrupt Malzahar and ruin his combo.
I think you misunderstood everything I said, as long as there's someone on the enemy team without QSS then it's good for Malz, this is why it isn't really much of a counter, for it to be good everyone must buy it but that only makes them lose something like damage or health items.

I never said to E the champion, I was saying it has great Harass because you get mana back, clears minion waves as well as forces the enemy to stand back so it doesn't jump to him which can deny farm, pushing the enemy to the turret and continuing to poke even though you are at his turret will make the turret steal all the CS, you say your just giving him free exp? How are you giving him exp when you are denying his farm? How are you giving him exp when this enables you to gank lanes and steal wraiths as well? Your argument is invalid, you seem to not know what your talking about or just not that experienced with Malz.

You say the jungler will just gank? It's called wards, you should buy them some time they help... Jokes aside this is actually an open invitation for your jungler, if you pop your ult it's 100% kill if your jungler comes, unless your retarded....

I'm sorry but you don't sound like you know much about Malz, a good Malz can work around problems like QSS, enemies interrupting your combo, ganks etc.....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acid Alligator

Member

01-30-2013

I love Malzahar, and he's definitely in my top five favorite AP miss, but I have to admit, he's had some problems for a while. While there are many times where people don't buy QSS, the times when people do will make you so frustrated.

Another issues is that he is very single-target oriented, and with that suppress, you're easy bait for some cc.

He's a great mage, but he has to rely on his team to back him up. It's incredibly difficult to carry with Malzahar. I've beaten uberfed Malzahars, and I've been beaten when I'm uberfed.

He's a great pick, but if you're the only lane that does well, you're doomed.


123